+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Member

Certifications
    CISSP-ISSAP, CCSK, CCSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CCNP Security, CCNP R&S, CCDP, MCSA 2003, ISO 27001 LA
    Quote Originally Posted by djcarter View Post
    I think it is fairly accurate, though a lot of concepts and topics span multiple ones, so it's hard to say for sure, but overall in my experience yes.
    Thank you @djcarter
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sach2017 View Post
    Friends,
    Do the CCSP official study guide (
    CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide) includes a test prep cd as well? How different are the prep Qs then AIO prep testQs (totalTester). I have a copy of AIO, should i buy the official guide as well?

I am two weeks away from my test...please advice and guide....

Thank you!

Apologies sach2017,

I was mistaken, there are circa 450 bonus questions and 100 flashcards included in the official study guide. Your purchased copy of the book will provide instructions on how to access the website and register for these tools.

Regards,
    famid
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member
    Greetings All,

Wish to share my perspective for my FAILURE hoping future candidates can take a leaf out of it.

I appeared for the exam last week and FAILED (feeling disappointed though). I had gone through the CBK, AIO and CCSP OG from preparation perspective and seriously completed the sample questions before the exam but to my surprise there were only 3-4 questions from those sets of Qs. I heavily depended on the AIO questions and the TotalTester software which went against me completely. As all the questions were application based with atleast two options very close to the actual answer.

I would like to seek inputs/suggestions/guidance on
    a) How should I prepare now. How to take value and knowledge out of the ENISA document.
    b) What material should i use.
    c) Where to find some real sample questions(CCure ?) during these three months in hand.

Feels sad to see $750 CAD going in drain.

Good Luck to future candidates!

Thank you,
    Sach
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    CISSP-ISSAP, CCSK, CCSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CCNP Security, CCNP R&S, CCDP, MCSA 2003, ISO 27001 LA
    @sach2017

Sorry to hear that.

I believe, you do not need to go for any new study material. From the exam, you already know what is lacking and where to focus. You can go for CCCure for practice but definitely those will not be same as were in the exam (I did not go for it). You now know the exam question style. Now it's time to understand more and reviewing the study documents again.

I wish you can make it next time.

Regards
    SB
    Last edited by SkyBlue; 06-25-2017 at 06:52 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member
    Thanks @SkyBlue. The only addition I am planning is to go through the CISSP Study Guide, 3rd Edition book.

My weakest area is the Application Security domain and I am still trying to figure out how to go about the ENISA document. Any inputs for me?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH, LPIC, MCSE
    I was also so close 694 !!! My two weakest domains was Operations & Legal.

Passed the CISSP and CEH on the first attempt, but failed the CCSP. Took a 5-day boot camp using the ISC2 study guide - IMHO the ISC2 boot camp was a waste of time. The trainer did not emphasize on what is important for the exam. The official ISC2 slide deck was the only material and it was a pure copy and paste from the book - useless!

I think that the official study guide is simply not enough to pass the test. For example, I have found the answer to a question in the exam only in the CSA document "Domain 12: Guidance for Identity & Access Management V2.1 (2010)" - Yes, 2010.. WTF !! Now, I have to wait 90 days.. and this sucks too!

If somebody had the same experience, and want to talk with me about the exam, feel free to send a private message.

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    C****, C***, C**
    I used AIO with CBK as reference and also glanced though CSA documents.

You need to understand the challenges of using cloud computing and how these concerns can be addressed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member Registered Member
    Long time lurker with my CCSP view - Just back today from the exam centre - same situation - got a 694. !st pass took 100 minutes, 2nd pass - 10 mins and a 3rd pass of 10 minutes reviewing 35 marked questions - only changed one answer during the reviews.
    I'm 20 years in the game with ISO31000, VCP, CISM, CIPM and CCSK certifications under my belt and work directly in cloud solutions.
    Agreed with all the posts here - bad grammar on a number of questions, books only cover a % of the exam content, I thought my ISO Risk, VCP and CIPM really helped on some questions. Tried to look up some answers post test and cant find them anywhere.
    Materials used were Carter\Malisow\Gordon (2nd)\CSA v3 and test prep used was cccure \ AIO tester and Sybex IOS app (Scored regularly in the 90-100% in these!)
    My advice? These books are guides and nothing else - take the principles in them and apply them to the exam content subjects.

I hope this helps as I'm finished with exams for this year - I passed 3 of my 4 cloud exams (Okta, Zscaler and CCSK and came within one question of the CCSP) so not a bad year!
    Best of luck to everyone!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks