+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    126
    #1

    Default To all successful CCSP's out there

    Hi all,

    Just wanted to ask what book would be better to use to study for CCSP - The official study guide by O'Hara or the AIO by Carter?

    Also along with the CSA and ENISA documents I was thinking of going over the NIST ones also. Any ideas which NIST papers to look at?

    Best wishes
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    130

    Certifications
    CISSP, PMP, TOGAF, CISA, CISM
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by scasc View Post
    Hi all,

    Just wanted to ask what book would be better to use to study for CCSP - The official study guide by O'Hara or the AIO by Carter?

    Also along with the CSA and ENISA documents I was thinking of going over the NIST ones also. Any ideas which NIST papers to look at?

    Best wishes
    CCSP Certified Cloud Security Professional All-in-One Exam Guide by Daniel Carter is the best, but not only the 1 resource you should be using..You may need to go over multiple materials including the CBK.
    Daniel is the member of this forum..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member cyberguypr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    5,927

    Certifications
    GCFE, GCED, GCIH, CISSP, CCSP, and others that should never be mentioned
    #3
    Make sure you search the "Passed CCSP" threads. Pretty sure I posted the NIST docs before.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Island on the other side of Pacific pond
    Posts
    976

    Certifications
    C****, C***, C**
    #4
    +1 for AIO. And go through CCSK documents. Understand the challenges with using cloud, and the solutions available to mitigate.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    169

    Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CCSP, CCSK, CASP, CEH, SEC+, NET+, A+, AWS CSAA, AWS CDA
    #5
    Agree with the others - For the current version of the test review CSA v3/ENISA/NIST (did the CCSK v3 cert test as well) . Additionally, I read the "CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide 1st Edition" and used the questions that came with it and the iPhone app.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    126
    #6
    Many thanks all... will obtain AIO and follow advice

    Best wishes
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    quovado(at)protonmail.com
    Posts
    3

    Certifications
    CISSP, CEH, LPIC, MCSE
    #7
    The AIO is a good resource, but IMHO not easy to read. It is not well structured, eg. is lacking pictures and/or diagrams (who usually helps to remember things). Many pages of the book are text only.

    btw. (and as already mentioned) read also the CSA, ENISA, and NIST docs.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    44

    Certifications
    CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CISA
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by quovado7 View Post
    The AIO is a good resource, but IMHO not easy to read. It is not well structured, eg. is lacking pictures and/or diagrams (who usually helps to remember things). Many pages of the book are text only.

    btw. (and as already mentioned) read also the CSA, ENISA, and NIST docs.
    Thank you for the feedback on it! During the First Edition it was a bit of a struggle to come up with appropriate images and diagrams in many places due to the material, but it is definitely a primary objective to incorporate a lot more along those lines for the 2nd Edition.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    126
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by djcarter View Post
    Thank you for the feedback on it! During the First Edition it was a bit of a struggle to come up with appropriate images and diagrams in many places due to the material, but it is definitely a primary objective to incorporate a lot more along those lines for the 2nd Edition.
    Hi. Do you know roughly when 2nd edition will be released? Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    44

    Certifications
    CCSP,CISSP,CISM,CISA,CEH
    #10
    CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide
    Passed CCSP 12/04/2017
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    50

    Certifications
    PMP, CISSP, CCSK, CISM, CRISC, CISA, ITIL Expert
    #11
    The official study guide is an easy read. I suppose it depends on how much knowledge you have to begin with. I though the official study guide was a good tool, but if I didn’t have my existing knowledge it would not have been sufficient to pass. CSA V4 is a must. I took the CSSP last Sat, and the CCSK V4 on Sun. I think the CCSK was a pure info recall test whereas the CCSP required applied analysis using knowledge.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks