+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    mcsa windows server2003, CCNA

Default Which Cloud Certification to go for

Hi Guys

I want to do the cloud certification and join the cloud crowd. I wanted to know which certificastion to go for as i am confused which one to do Microsoft Azure certification, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification.or Amazon AWS. I am looking something which be in demand job wise in future. As i did Mcsa in server 2003 and have worked in IT desktop support for 12 years now. So want to change my career now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Clm

Certifications
    CISSP, AWS-CSAA , AWS-CCP , + More That I Dont Currently Use
    Quote Originally Posted by sajag83 View Post
    Hi Guys

I want to do the cloud certification and join the cloud crowd. I wanted to know which certification to go for as I am confused which one to do Microsoft Azure certification, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification. Or Amazon AWS. I am looking something which be in demand job wise in future. As I did MCSA in server 2003 and have worked in IT desktop support for 12 years now. So want to change my career now.
    You have two routes to go.( disclaimer I have drunk the amazon Kool-Aid ) that being stated AWS has the market share in the cloud space and I believe will be the leader for a while. so I chose AWS CSAA to start
    But you holding MCSA server and years of experience I think will get you close to MCSE Cloud easily. or you can do both AWS-CSAA is only one test and you probally will only have to take two test for MCSE. And as cloud is adopted more a lot of enterprises will stick to what they know and that Microsoft.
    if the only tool you have is a hammer, you will treat everything as if it were a nail.

2018 Goals: CCSK, CISA, CCSP, AWS Security Specialty, AWS Solutions Architect Professional
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    mcsa windows server2003, CCNA
    thanks clm for the reply. Another question i had was i spoke to 2-3 training providers and they said I have to do Comptia Cloud+ first before i can do any of these 2 as i dont have any could experience so i cant just do AWS or Azure certification. Is it worth spending money and doing the Cloud+ certification
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A/S/S/S/N/C/CSA+, CASP, CCNA R/S & Sec & Cyber OPS, LO CFR, SSCP,EMC NetWorker Spec,SNIA SCSE,Prince 2,EITCA-IS,F5 BIG-IP CA/CTS-ASM, Intel Sec NSP
    Cloud+ will build a solid base for other certs
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GCFE, GCED, GCIH, CISSP, CCSP, and others that should never be mentioned
    Training providers wants to sell you crap. You can do AWS or Azure as you wish as there are not "requirements". If you want a good foundation, Cloud+ or CCSK are good vendor neutral solutions. For foundational stuff you are certainly better on your own that paying a few thousand for a class.
    Last edited by cyberguypr; 02-14-2018 at 05:24 PM. Reason: typo
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Clm

Certifications
    CISSP, AWS-CSAA , AWS-CCP , + More That I Dont Currently Use
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberguypr View Post
    Training provides wants to sell you crap. You can do AWS or Azure as you wish as there are not "requirements". If you want a good foundation, Cloud+ or CCSK are good vendor neutral solutions. For fundational stuff you ar ecertianly better on your own that paying a few thousand for a class.

Cyberguypr is spot on!!

My personal advice is that you can pass the AWS Exams without the two basic exams. There is nothing wrong with taking the other exams but know you dont have to.

Im currently studying the CCSK because I'm building the resume and I have a few extra dollars to splurge. The information is rock solid so if you want to be in the cloud space definitely learn the information and read the NIST docs. but if I had any restraints I would do the AWS Architect Associate first. The exam tests you on how Amazon does cloud and you will know it well.
    Last edited by Clm; 02-14-2018 at 05:10 PM.
    if the only tool you have is a hammer, you will treat everything as if it were a nail.

2018 Goals: CCSK, CISA, CCSP, AWS Security Specialty, AWS Solutions Architect Professional
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks