+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CCSK, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security, MSISA, BSBA

Default Passed the CCSP!

Took the CCSP Wow that was an odd exam. For prep, I read the Official CCSP Study Guide over the past two weeks, and also did the online version of the Official CCSP Practice Exams. During the exam I felt like the book only prepared me for about 40-50% of the questions I faced. Probably 30% of the questions was stuff I don't recall reading about in the study guide. The rest of them I felt like I was able to answer based on having the CISSP and general security knowledge and experience. I can definitely see how people fail this exam. I felt decent about my chances towards the end but still uneasy.

I'm just glad to have this done. It's been one I've wanted for a while and tried to ignore it but it just stuck around like a monkey on my back. I'm at a point where I hate doing non-practical certs (read and rote memorization). I just have one more that I want to achieve (TOGAF) and I'm done. I wan't to focus on pentesting knowledge/certs, and AWS/Python. Will probably sprinkle in TOGAF studying throughout because I just can't stand to try to slog through reading/memorizing again.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CCSK, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: eJPT, Learning: Linux/CLI, Git, Python, Pentesting
    Next Up:​ eJPT, eCPPTv2, OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (CLI, Git, Python), eLearnSecurity PTSv3
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    Too many MCPs and MCTS, MCSA: Security, MCSE: Security, MCSA: 2003, 2008, 2012, MCITP: EA, CISSP-ISSAP, SCS DLP, GREM
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GCFE, GCED, GCIH, GSTRT, CISSP, CCSP, and others that should never be mentioned
    Congrats on the pass!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Clm

Certifications
    CISSP | CCSK | AWS-X3 | + More That I Dont Currently Use
    Congrats on the pass I will be getting this one after my degree
    2018 Goals: AWS Solutions Architect Professional | Degree Degree Degree lol
    2018 Done:
    CCSK | AWS Developer-Associate |CIW |Network+

WGU (BSCLSA): Total:132 | Done: 95 | Left: 37 (9 Classes)
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, PMP, CCNA R&S/Sec/Cyber Ops, VCP5/6-DCV, MCSE CP&I, ITIL Foundation, A+, N+, S+
    Congrats! It is on my list too (although pretty far down it).
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member

Certifications
    CITP | CISM | CIPM | CCSP | CCSKv4 | PMP | ISO21500 | VCP | ISO31000 | CSSGB | ISO13053
    Great stuff and well done. Agreed and good advice for potential candidates - have a strong general security knowledge base as the books only cover a % of the exam. Also thinking of going after TOGAF myself.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    Congrats Jojocal i see you're still in beast mode, how you do it is an inspiration to me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CCSK, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security, MSISA, BSBA
    Thanks guys. It's been a tough slog. I'm off of caffeine so my focus wasn't there like it is when on caffeine.

Quote Originally Posted by joneno View Post
    Congrats Jojocal i see you're still in beast mode, how you do it is an inspiration to me.
    Honestly, this forum is a huge part of it. I live vicariously through everyone else pursuing all of this knowledge and the certs. I feed off it and it helps keep my internal fire going.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CCSK, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: eJPT, Learning: Linux/CLI, Git, Python, Pentesting
    Next Up:​ eJPT, eCPPTv2, OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (CLI, Git, Python), eLearnSecurity PTSv3
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CCSP, CICSP, MCSE, C|EH, MCSA, MCITP: EMA 2K7/2010, MCTS:Exchange 2K7/2010, Sec+, Net+, CCA-XENAPP, ITIL-V3, MCDST, MOS
    Congrats and welcome to the club. Personally I enjoyed studying and taking the CCSP certification. Lots of good material especially if you dealing with Cloud security daily.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    C****, C***, C**
    Congrats! Guess I am guilty of putting that CCSP monkey on your back after your CCSK pass.

I may look at CCSK later. For now the focus is on pen test certs.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CRISC, CISA, ISO27001 LA, CISM (application pending)
    Congrats!

Initially, I plan to take it next year. However, I may have to move it a year after to prioritize a personal goal (i.e., penetration testing).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Member

Certifications
    ((ISC)2 CISSP, CCSP) Security+, Network+
    Congrats on the Pass! I felt the same way regarding the CCSP, but feel that having the experience as well as the experience of already being a CISSP, that it helped tremendously in making those decision making processes during the exam.

I'm already balls deep in the TOGAF documentation and hope to test for that in Mid October. Good luck on your studies with that, not too many people around me know what TOGAF is or it's relevance in Information Security.
    I'm Mr. Meeseeks! Look at me!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA, MCITP, Sec+ CE, ITILv3
    Congrats. I hope to dive into CCSP after the beastly CISSP exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks