+ Reply to Thread
  1. Member

Certifications
    CompTIA Linux+, LPIC-1, Cloud Essentials. SSCP, GCUX, GPEN, GPPA, RHCE, Oracle Certified Associate & Professional, MySQL5

Default Passed Cloud Essentials last week, thinking whats next to take along that path!!

Hi all,

Passed Cloud Essentials last week, won't say it was that hard. Just used the CompTIA Cloud Essentials Certification Study Guide for preparing.
    Thinking should I pursue cloud+ or go with something more recognized in industry like Azure/AWS.

Thanks,
    Tanveer
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    None
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    A+,N+,S+,Cloud Ess,Cloud+/MCSA Sec/CCNA,CCNA SP Ops,CCDP/JNCIA-Junos|IDP,JNCDA,JNCIS-ENT|SA|WLAN|QF/ITIL Found/CloudU/CWTS,CWNA
    Congratulations on your pass maronvomra!

From my perspective - I am a holder for both of these certs: CompTIA Cloud Essentials and Cloud+ - achieving them (except of some knowledge increase) was a total waste of my: time and money. I would definitely suggest to invest in: Azure and/or AWS knowledge support it with appropriate certifications.

These are just my 5 cents ...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CASP, SEC+, NET+, A+, NST, CST, ACE...
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member

Certifications
    CompTIA Linux+, LPIC-1, Cloud Essentials. SSCP, GCUX, GPEN, GPPA, RHCE, Oracle Certified Associate & Professional, MySQL5
    Thanks all.

Thanks Owieczka_ma, I was just thinking that whether or not should spend another $300USD which will be like 400CAD for me.

Is it possible to pass those Azure/AWS certifications without taking the training course just by reading books?

Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member
    Avoid all comptia cert like a plague, it's a waste of time and money like owie said. AWS CSA is a good start and the ROI is not comparable to comptia cloud certs.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    Thank you all for the valuable suggestions.

Next stop AWS CSA Associate. Will just read the books to prepare for that as don't have enough money to take the training.

Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Woohoo! It's over 1000!

Certifications
    Linux+, ACSA, ACTC, ACSP, MCSA:7, MCTS, ITIL F, Prince2 Pract, AgilePM Practitioner, VCP-DCV 5/6, Storage+, CCNA R+S/Sec/CyberOps, Sec+, CEH, CASP
    Cloud+ is good baseline knowledge and fundamentals, and is probably good knowledge for anyone in IT infrastructure to have. If you are looking for a career in Cloud and feel ready, then read the book but skip the exam, and move onto Azure or AWS or even Google.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OctalDump View Post
    Cloud+ is good baseline knowledge and fundamentals, and is probably good knowledge for anyone in IT infrastructure to have. If you are looking for a career in Cloud and feel ready, then read the book but skip the exam, and move onto Azure or AWS or even Google.

The exams are two entirely different though. The Cloud+ is to the cloud cbk as the Network+ is to Networking. The Azure and AWS certifications only make sense if you're working on those specific platforms for development operations.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Woohoo! It's over 1000!

Certifications
    Linux+, ACSA, ACTC, ACSP, MCSA:7, MCTS, ITIL F, Prince2 Pract, AgilePM Practitioner, VCP-DCV 5/6, Storage+, CCNA R+S/Sec/CyberOps, Sec+, CEH, CASP
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedymp View Post
    The exams are two entirely different though. The Cloud+ is to the cloud cbk as the Network+ is to Networking. The Azure and AWS certifications only make sense if you're working on those specific platforms for development operations.
    I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that Cloud+ is general in scope, and AWS/Azure certification are more specific? Are you recommending taking something general before something specific, and make the specific choice (AWS, Azure, Salesforce, Office365, Google etc) based on what technology you are or will likely be working with?
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OctalDump View Post
    I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that Cloud+ is general in scope, and AWS/Azure certification are more specific? Are you recommending taking something general before something specific, and make the specific choice (AWS, Azure, Salesforce, Office365, Google etc) based on what technology you are or will likely be working with?
    You take the AWS/Azure certs if you're working on either platform as a developer. Not because you want to show your cloud knowledge. You take the Cloud+ to demonstrate your literacy of Cloud computing. Telling someone to take the AWS over the Cloud+ is an apples to oranges. Neither one of those have anything to do with each other.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks