+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Server+, Security+, MCP 70-210, Novell CNA 5.0
    Quote Originally Posted by joelsfood View Post
    205 minutes on Pearson page includes time for survey at end and NDA/terms at start. 165 is what the blueprint calls for on the test itself.
    I could have used 20 mins of that 40mins to finish those questions. It may have taken me maybe 5mins to read through the beginning of the exam & another 3mins to finish survey at the end. IMO
    2017 -> Chillaxing & (reading C|EH - Matt Walker)
    2018 -> CCNA CyberOps (July Cohort)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    Ph.D Candidate, MA, BA, CASP, Security+, Project+, Network+, Mobility+, CCNA-Security, CCENT
    Quote Originally Posted by shochan View Post
    I could have used 20 mins of that 40mins to finish those questions. It may have taken me maybe 5mins to read through the beginning of the exam & another 3mins to finish survey at the end. IMO
    I agree, some of the sims were incredibly long, I didn't really get a chance to look/evaluate the simulations in depth, as I was so rushed for time just trying to complete the things. However, that may reflect my relative lack of experience with cloud compared to others. The multiple choice questions were also a bit wordier than usual for CompTIA, but they weren't unmanageable.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+; N+; Sec+;P+; CCNA:R&S
    Just got out of the test... 100+ questions... probably the longest test yet for me. I didn't care much for the simulation and wording on some of the questions was in the COMPTIA fashion - confusing.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, N+, S+, CSA+, MCP,MSM ISS, MS DFS, BS IT, AAS CNS
    Just got out of the beta today 26 Oct and I think I failed. I will be shocked if I passed. The sims are insanely long, poorly worded and confusing as heck. The two screens back and forth and multiple configuration records to dig through was a nightmare to correlate all the info and make a quick decision. Great exam and I think that Comptia is trying up the difficulty of these exams from what I am seeing. Been doing Comptia Exams for 17 yrs now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremywatts2005 View Post
    Just got out of the beta today 26 Oct and I think I failed. I will be shocked if I passed. The sims are insanely long, poorly worded and confusing as heck. The two screens back and forth and multiple configuration records to dig through was a nightmare to correlate all the info and make a quick decision. Great exam and I think that Comptia is trying up the difficulty of these exams from what I am seeing. Been doing Comptia Exams for 17 yrs now.
    I totally agree with you duder!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    CWNA, CWTS, A+/N+/S+, ITIL, MTA
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremywatts2005 View Post
    Also took it today and also feel the same way. Studied the original Cloud+ materials and felt like very little translated. It's one thing to make a test more difficult, it is another to pivot it into being a different test. It almost feels like this should be called the CSA+ for Cloud Systems Administrator.

Also felt the the answer ambiguity for quite a few of the questions was off the charts, even by CompTIA's normal standards.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+, PMP, CCNA
    I take mine tomorrow and have been watching the Pluralsight videos for Could+ v1. I printed out the objectives and will taking notes using that as a guide. Hopefully the objects document helps!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCIE:DC, CCNP:DC, CCNA:DC, CCDA, VCP:DCV, VCP:NV, JNCIA-JUNOS
    If you compare the objectives from the old test and new, they're completely different. Anyone going in just studying the old cloud+ material is most likely going to fail.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member

Certifications
    A+ Network+ Security+ CCNA-R&S CISSP CISM CISA CRISC
    I think Comptia should revise the number of questions, 113+ question specially
    with very long and time consuming 5+ simulation is too much , in my opinion
    it shold be around 100 question (with 5 simulation)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member

Certifications
    CWNA, CWTS, A+/N+/S+, ITIL, MTA
    Quote Originally Posted by joelsfood View Post
    If you compare the objectives from the old test and new, they're completely different. Anyone going in just studying the old cloud+ material is most likely going to fail.
    You're certainly correct as I'm going to be proof of that... I know I bombed it. That said, I think CompTIA is suspect for how they marketed it via email:

Recommended experience level for Cloud+ beta exam takers:

CompTIA Network+ or Server+ or equivalent knowledge
    Minimum of 2-3 years of hands on experience in a networking, storage or IT data center environment

Not sure I agree with their recommended experience. I've got 10+ years of hands-on networking experience but a networking skill set alone is not enough to pass that beta, at least based on the questions I received. But I digress and I'm not above failure... just throwing my feedback in here since others were discussing it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+, PMP, CCNA
    I'm going by the new objectives.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, MTA 98-349, MTA 98-366, MTA 98-367
    Take this exam on the 27th and not really prepared at all. But I'll give it my best.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCIE:DC, CCNP:DC, CCNA:DC, CCDA, VCP:DCV, VCP:NV, JNCIA-JUNOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Svoboda View Post
    CompTIA Network+ or Server+ or equivalent knowledge
    Minimum of 2-3 years of hands on experience in a networking, storage or IT data center environment

Not sure I agree with their recommended experience. I've got 10+ years of hands-on networking experience but a networking skill set alone is not enough to pass that beta, at least based on the questions I received. But I digress and I'm not above failure... just throwing my feedback in here since others were discussing it.
    I dno't believe that experience level is expected to give you the knowledge to pass the test. Instead, that's the recommended experience required to be able to study and understand the objectives that the test is on. You'll notice that the experience makes no specific mention of public or private cloud experience, which of course is what the test is on.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, MTA 98-349, MTA 98-366, MTA 98-367
    Skipped the 5 simulations. The test was a beast. Pretty sure I did not pass, but onto other certs. The time allotted was not enough for sure.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Member

Certifications
    Server+, CCP, CASP, Mobility+, Storage+, Cloud+, Certified Java 8 Professional, Security+, Certified Java 6 Developer
    When do we find out the results of the Cloud+ beta exam?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Keep logging into your CompTIA profile, it will post there AND you will get something in the mail...Probably won't be until Jan or Feb before we know if you passed or failed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks