+ Reply to Thread

Thread: passed CV0-001

1. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, N+, S+, CASP, RHCSA, EMCISA, CCNA

Default passed CV0-001

Good morning, all!

I passed the 001 version of Cloud+ yesterday with an 847.

Study materials used:
    McGraw-Hill's Cloud+ book by Stammer and Wilson
    McGraw-Hill's Cloud Essentials book
    LearnKey practice exams from both above books. A bit of a hassle getting the bonus exams, but McGH tech support got me squared away.

I did read the Cloud+ book cover-to-cover, and ran through about 200 practice exam questions, but didn't really exert myself as I usually do. My
    exam score was consistent with my practice exam scores.

For me, the Cloud+ material wasn't difficult, but only because I have a lot of exposure to Windows Server, Linux, VMware vSphere, and storage management. Ironically, the textbook which helped me the most was EMC's Information Storage and Management that I had used to prepare for EMCISA. IMHO, I feel like the exam was biased about 2/3 for the provider end rather than customer end. Given that there are orders of magnitude more customers than providers, I would have liked to see more coverage of IPsec tunnel details, AD federation, etc.

Beware highly technical topics in the Stammer & Wilson book. IIRC, NPIV was one topic that the book had completely bass-ackwards. While I was reading it, it seemed obvious the authors didn't understand it, so I went to Google, verified that the book was wrong, then went to my notes for EMCISA and re-learned it from there.

There was one question for which there was no right answer whatsoever. I am assuming that was one of the "ringer" questions that didn't apply to the exam score.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    MEF-CECP, CWTS, CWNA, ITIL-F, P+, MTA 98-366
    Great job on the pass! I am thinking of taking the Cloud Essentials CLO-001 since I barely have hands-on with the Cloud at work.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CSA+, CWTS, CWS, CWT, Storage+, Sec+, A+, N+, Mobility+, MCP, etc.
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks