Thread: CWNA Exam

1. Senior Member YuckTheFankees's Avatar

Certifications
    A few..
    Congrats on the pass!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CWNA,CCNA,CCNP,CCSP,JNCIS-ER-,JNCIS-ER MCP,MCSA,MCSE 2k3,MCTS 2k8 B.S. in Computer Science
    Thanks Guys!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Atl347, any valuable steps to follow?

Congrats ATL347. I am set to write CWNA in two days, pls any valuable advice? Great site! well done JDMurray for all valuable threads; cant stop reading. Any other source of advice on CWNA shall be greatly acknowledged. Could I also use this medium to clarify this: CWNP exams, very rich content wise but hardly seen as requirements for job placement here in Africa-does the tedious study time and cash involvement really worth it for a dude working with Telco operators, like me? Any global-recognized Telcoms certification?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    Quote Originally Posted by linksEDGE View Post
    does the tedious study time and cash involvement really worth it for a dude working with Telco operators, like me? Any global-recognized Telcoms certification?
    Very few IT certifications are globally recognized. I would suggest narrowing down to a geographical area you are interested working, and then look at job postings for that area and check what certs are being asked for, or just mentioned, in the postings. If you see CWTS/CWNA/CWSP in a significant number of job postings that interest you then those are "recognized" and you should go for them.

The worth of certifications is in helping you gain new knowledge and skills, verifying the knowledge and skills that you have, making yourself more valuable to your current employer, and more marketable to future employers. How much money is your future career goals and earning potential worth? Only you can decide that.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    I agree more with you. Thanks alot JDmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member
    I have just ordered a book of CWNA.. starting my preparation soon for the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNP
    Whats the main difference between the old 640-721 exam and the new 640-722
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, MCDST, MCSA (2003), working on Net+
    Well I'm glad I've read these posts, I was about to buy books and start preparing for the CWNA but after reading all of the posts saying about how hard this exam is I kinda got discouraged. I want to start studying again but I'm just not really sure what path or what certs to go for. I'm currently employed with Government as a technical support analyst with 13 years experience, I am A+, Network+, MCDST, MCSA 2003, MCITS. I think I may go towards the Security+ instead of the CWNA. Probably less demanding but still good training for what I do. And likely better to retrain my brain by starting with something not so heavy.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CCNP R&S,CCNA Sec,ITIL Found,CCSA,Linux+,A+
    I'm currently studying for the CWNA exam and have been studying for ~35 hours so far. It's lots of new information to learn and I'm expecting to need at least 50 hours more of study before taking the exam. I'm using the OSG, CWNA Live Lessons and RF course from Udemy.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hello guys,

I am new to this site. I am planning to take the CWNA exam soon. I already have CCNA, JNCIA and CCNP certifications. I also have a Masters degree in telecommunication. But just to have deep knowledge I am doing CWNA. I bought the Sybex book of CWNA.
    Please please please let me know if you guys have any videos for the exam. Also approximately how much time will I need to be prepared for the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+ I-Net+, MCP, MCSE, Associate in Computer Science,
    My only problem is the Maths... I just can't seem to grasp the mathematical part of in the study guide. Any help from anyone? I really do appreciate it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CASP, SEC+, NET+, A+, NST, CST, ACE...
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Coffee Addict

Certifications
    CWNA, CCNA Security, CCNA, A+, Network+
    Don't focus on the formulas. You'll only really need to know the 10s and 3s which is in the CWNA textbook.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Cisco R00t Clan Member NOC-Ninja's Avatar

Certifications
    CCIE-Wireless, CCIE-RS (written), CCNP-Wireless, CCNP, CCNA-Wireless, CCNA-Security, CCNA, CEH, CHFI
    congrats
    MSISA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks