+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: ECSA review

1. Senior Member

Certifications
    C****, C***, C**
    To all ECSA challenge candidates,

Please do not ask for more hints via this forum thread or via PM. The value of ECSA challenge comes from the researching, reading, trying different approaches and persevering. You learn more when you are stuck and are able to figure out why a certain exploit/approach does not work than from gaining access by blindly running all the tools and MSF exploits. Good luck and hope you gain from the experience..
    Last edited by Mike7; 08-13-2017 at 05:53 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member
    How about teaching this Mike - since everyone is asking you questions about .
    Could generate some extra income.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    C****, C***, C**
    Quote Originally Posted by scasc View Post
    How about teaching this Mike - since everyone is asking you questions about .
    Could generate some extra income.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AskNetsec/c..._up_am_i_just/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member
    This thread has already provided enough clues to work our brains out to clear simple lab exams just like it happened to me and few silent visitors who already cleared their exams.

Should you ask for more clues or assistance, then trust me your basics aint that strong to crack ECSA exam.

Nothing comes easy, learn and never give up. all the best!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    I have been working on the challenge 10 & 11 for more than 4 days. Please help me on how to proceed. Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    C****, C***, C**
    Quote Originally Posted by ramaiddc View Post
    I have been working on the challenge 10 & 11 for more than 4 days. Please help me on how to proceed. Thanks
    Please email aspencert@eccouncil.org with your questions. Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member
    Great review Mr Mike, really appreciate your inputs.
    It is always great to have return of experience since the ECSA seems not to be well known and documented as CEH.
    I am actually on challenges and I extend the deadline once to complete them, it has been a bit more difficult than I thought to be honest , and as you said it those challenges need a lot of research and reading. Hopefully in october I will post a comment here stating that I passed the parctical exam. Wish me luck guys and good luck to all candidates.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member Registered Member
    For those who are currently going through the official training for ECSA v9 with access to the Labs with the courseware, don't forget that the labs themselves are a fully functional emulated environment that spans over multiple subnets. You can connect to the lab and practice anything you want outside of the lab module steps. This is a good opportunity to practice host discovery (keep a spreadsheet and see how long it takes to discover /XX range and find out what helps your scans and what doesn't) and ideally any other course domain you're not too comfortable with prior to your lab challenge.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

J
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH
    Hi all,

I didn't want to create a new thread for my question. My workplace is paying me to go to a ECSA week long boot camp going over many of the topics and they stated the certification exam is at the end. Is their no book material for this exam or is it strictly lab / practical exam? Thank you for any assistance.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    C****, C***, C**
    You can read my review which is the first post in this thread. I have to submit hands on lab report before they allow me to take the MCQ exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH
    Thank you Mike,

I did read the main post. I was confused by my bootcamp then because I would be taking the exam at the end. So the bootcamp itself must be going through these lab's together and submit the report by the end. Thank u for your assistance.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    RHCSA, CCNA, COMPTIA
    Hi Mike, currently i am taking ECSA course. I already finished all the challenges except the last one in challenge 5 which is to find the password of arnold. I did run cain and abel but somehow not discovered for the password. Appreciate your assistance if you can give any clue on this.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    C****, C***, C**
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaff1990 View Post
    Hi Mike, currently i am taking ECSA course. I already finished all the challenges except the last one in challenge 5 which is to find the password of arnold. I did run cain and abel but somehow not discovered for the password. Appreciate your assistance if you can give any clue on this.
    Please email aspencert@eccouncil.org with your questions. They were awesome!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member Registered Member

Post Little Problem

Dear Mike,

I find out all the alive host in three subnets configured in ECSA iLabs as per challenge 1 requirement but the problem is 2 of the challenges asked to peform explitation on the machine named XXXXX but the information I gathered durring the reconnaisance have no machines by these names. What should I do? Should I contact the Support in ECSA Dashboard or work with the information I have?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hi Guys, Im creating my report for ECSA. I need help from your master who know about the report.

What should i write on :
    1.4 Final Report Delivery date
    4 Result Analysis
    5 Recomendation (because i put all the recommendation on each challange)
    6.1 Required Work Efforts
    6.2 Research

Where should i put about the CVE ?

Thank You in Advance
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by infosyntex View Post
    Dear Mike,

I find out all the alive host in three subnets configured in ECSA iLabs as per challenge 1 requirement but the problem is 2 of the challenges asked to peform explitation on the machine named XXXXX but the information I gathered durring the reconnaisance have no machines by these names. What should I do? Should I contact the Support in ECSA Dashboard or work with the information I have?

Hi There, you may restart first your lab and try to scan again. some time i experience the issue and restart solved my problem. if the issue still exist, you may need others tools to get the name. Hope can help.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+,Security+, EMCISA v2, MCP, MTAx2 , MCPS, CCENT, CCNA R&S,C|EH,C|HFI,MCTS, Linux+,LPIC-1,E|CSS,E|CES,GPEN,OSWP,Server+,LPT,GCIH
    In all honesty, if you guys need to reach out to a forum to get help with E|CSA, this is not the course for you and you need a lot more reading/practice. I'm taking the E|CSA practical part now and after only 15 days and about 7 of those days I didn't do anything, I got enough points to pass the practical part. It is not that hard to pass. Use the C|EH methodology and you will pass. Reference your E|CSA material and videos and i'm sure you will pass. You just need to think and not give up. Do not message me asking for help as I will not give it.
    2017:E|CSA E|CSP,E|CIH,eLearnSecurity,CSA+ Courses 2018: C|ND,ICND2,CCSK,CISSP,CCNA-Security 2019: CWNA 2020: LPIC-2
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks