+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 First 1234 567 Last

Thread: ECSA review

1. Junior Member

Certifications
    Comptia Security+, CEH v9, ECSA V9, DFE mile2
    I have Finish all my Labs Challanges in 21 days...Preparing my report. Just wanted to know if I need to close the training labs also .. As I found them very basic and step by step . So it is mandiatory to complete the practise sessions also since I have days remaining can work on them .. and close them.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    A+,Network+,Security+,EMCISA,MCP,CCENT,CCNA R&S,CEH,CHFI,Linux+,LPIC-1,ECSS,ECES,GPEN,OSWP,Server+,LPT,GCIH,ECIH,ECSA,JNCIA,CPTE,CPTC,eJPT,GNFA,CySA+
    To anyone who has taken the ECSA multiple choice exam, how did you find it? Was it a hard exam? Anything in particular to study? Thanks. Trying to make this my last cert for 2017! Took the practical exam and passed just need to take the MCQ exam soon or my voucher will expire! Exam is booked for 12/30.
    2018: E|CSP,CCNA-Security,CCNA Cyber Ops,GWAPT
    2019: CCSK,CISSP,CWNA,CWSP,Cloud+,CASP,Project+,PenTest+
    2020: CCSP, eLearnSecurity Courses
    2021: LPIC-2
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    C****, C***, C**
    With you hands-on knowledge, the exam should be a walk in the park.
    Anyway, read the course materials and good luck for the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member
    Hi All,

couple of of quick things:

1) I cannot download ECSA_Assignment.pdf for some reason, I am assuming this file will mention networks to scan for Challenge 1, otherwise how did you did you guys figure out 172 and 10 networks??? I did raise a ticket on this with eccouncil

2) Also my Day 1 labs seem to expire in 12 hours, is that normal? I thought we had 30 full days?

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member
    Hi Mike,

i would appreciate some some insight on hydra as I have used the wordlists provided and adjusted the -t switch but still nothing. Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    C****, C***, C**
    @den2017nick

Private LAN IPs are in the 10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12 and 192.168.0.0/16 subnets as per RFC1918.

Your labs are turned off/suspended once you exit your browser. If you read my review, I used custom nmap switches to speed up the scanning.

If in doubt, you can use Wireshark to investigate the network traffic. The tool you use may not be working or may be dropping connections among other things.

I actually guess correctly one of the passwords.

There are more than enough clues in this thread. Do the other challenges and do some reading and research.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Also working on this exam (labs + challenges). Labs are pretty straightforward, with typos in commands
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    RHCSA, CCNA, COMPTIA
    I already submitted the ECSA report and got the exam voucher on last month. Now planning to take the exam.

All the best to all ECSA candidates!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member

Certifications
    Project+, CompTIA trifecta, C|EH, CCNA Cyber Ops
    It took me 14 hours to scan 172.16.0.0/12 (even with the switches which I won't give away but they're are online) and so hopefully they can reset my first challenge. I thought we had 30 days to do this?
    Last edited by Elegyx; 12-21-2017 at 11:19 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by Elegyx View Post
    It took me 14 hours to scan 172.16.0.0/12 (even with the switches which I won't give away but they're are online) and so hopefully they can reset my first challenge. I thought we had 30 days to do this?
    You have more than 1 subnet. What you mean by "I thought we had 30 days to do this" ?

ECC gives you 30 days in total, you can complete challenges in own order or one by one, no matter.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by dkorzhevin View Post
    You have more than 1 subnet. What you mean by "I thought we had 30 days to do this" ?

ECC gives you 30 days in total, you can complete challenges in own order or one by one, no matter.
    I understand that part but there's an actual time limit (14 hours) for the first assignment. When you start scanning 172.16.0.0/12 it's taking long so after the 14 hours are up it says "if you exit your lab will be deleted or you can mark it as complete." Welp, I'm not either of those. Also another note. When you're doing these scans of an entire subnet which is naturally going to take forever, I'm getting a message after a while that says "do you want to resume the lab." I have a feeling that the scan is stopping after that message pops up on the screen.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

I understand that part but there's an actual time limit (14 hours) for the first assignment. When you start scanning 172.16.0.0/12 it's taking long so after the 14 hours are up it says "if you exit your lab will be deleted or you can mark it as complete." Welp, I'm not either of those. Also another note. When you're doing these scans of an entire subnet which is naturally going to take forever, I'm getting a message after a while that says "do you want to resume the lab." I have a feeling that the scan is stopping after that message pops up on the screen.
    After 14 hours you will be able to re-start lab, for another 14 hours, but from scratch. You should be able to speed up scanning with nmap, using options.

Even 12 hours is more than enough for whole subnet scan with nmap.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member xxxkaliboyxxx's Avatar

Certifications
    GCIH, C|EH, Sec+, eJPT, SCCC
    Hi Elegyx,

I'm not taking this exam, but a couple of options to make your scan faster could be;

1. Use the "-T" flag to speed up your scans
    2. Once you know which host are live, use the "don't ping flag" in nmap, I think it's -pn or something like that
    3. Use a different tool that scans faster than nmap just to see which host are "alive" and then narrow down you options in nmap, see above. Some other scanning tools like MassScan or Angry IP scanner.

Hope this helps
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Member

Certifications
    Thanks for the advice all! Feel a little better now knowing that I can still restart a lab even if the timer is up (at least for the next 29 days and counting).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member Registered Member
    have you finished challenge 5. Bruteforce not effect
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by xxxkaliboyxxx View Post
    1. Use the "-T" flag to speed up your scans
    2. Once you know which host are live, use the "don't ping flag" in nmap, I think it's -pn or something like that
    3. Use a different tool that scans faster than nmap just to see which host are "alive" and then narrow down you options in nmap, see above. Some other scanning tools like MassScan or Angry IP scanner.
    1. You should use something more than -pn and -T flags to scan faster. I found many useful options in official docs (man page)
    2. I believe, that all servers reply to ICMP queries.
    3. MassScan - cool thing, but nmap should be more than enough Regarding Angry IP - I'd suggest not look at windows tools at all, not waste time and stick with Kali toolset only.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by minhnt View Post
    have you finished challenge 5. Bruteforce not effect
    Follow EC-Council methodology and check everything you can about target host.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member xxxkaliboyxxx's Avatar

Certifications
    GCIH, C|EH, Sec+, eJPT, SCCC
    Quote Originally Posted by dkorzhevin View Post
    1. You should use something more than -pn and -T flags to scan faster. I found many useful options in official docs (man page)
    2. I believe, that all servers reply to ICMP queries.
    3. MassScan - cool thing, but nmap should be more than enough Regarding Angry IP - I'd suggest not look at windows tools at all, not waste time and stick with Kali toolset only.
    Hey man/women, whatever helps. I'm by no means a expert, just trying help and a few of those things should speed up the scan. With that said, thanks for the clarification, hopefully it helps someone who is having trouble with scanning.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxkaliboyxxx View Post
    Hey man/women, whatever helps. I'm by no means a expert, just trying help and a few of those things should speed up the scan. With that said, thanks for the clarification, hopefully it helps someone who is having trouble with scanning.
    SuperScan is my friend . Appreciate the tip to look at other options besides NMap. Spot on.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Junior Member

Certifications
    Got my exam voucher... Coming thurday will be certified or retake....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Junior Member

Certifications
    masscan can be done for 10.0.0.0/8 ...used -T5 should take u 6 hours for 172
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Junior Member

Certifications
    masscan is good but the sad new if ur using it. u need to all the port and operating system, masscan wont give you that kinda stuff at the end you need nmap. I dont know to what extend can we help here before getting kickout ...so just want to stick to minimum support..
    always follow..for any professional work u need to follow
    nmap..check ports and service running
    nessus or openvas for vulnerabilities
    rapid7 for exploits available
    kali 1 or 2 for exploiting....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+,Network+,Security+,EMCISA,MCP,CCENT,CCNA R&S,CEH,CHFI,Linux+,LPIC-1,ECSS,ECES,GPEN,OSWP,Server+,LPT,GCIH,ECIH,ECSA,JNCIA,CPTE,CPTC,eJPT,GNFA,CySA+
    Well taking the MCQ part of ECSA today! Just doing some final review! Hope all goes well. Will post how I do after.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Well passed the ECSA MCQ exam!! I was shocked to see that it actually was a hard exam! Glad to have this finished to top off 2017 with a bang!! Next year will be even more intense!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member

Certifications
    C****, C***, C**
    congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 First 1234 567 Last