+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Member

Certifications
    CASP, Cloud+, Mobility+, Security+, Storage+, OCPJP8, OCMJD7, Android Certified Application Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by OctalDump View Post
    "Darling, we can get married, or I can get certified. It's a tough choice, I know, but..."
    "...I know what I want, and I want to get certified."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    A+, Security +, C|EH, and CCNA R&S
    I was lucky to have my employer to pay for the application fee and the exam fee. For me, it was a fun exam to study. If you can get your employer to pay for it, go for it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH, eJPT, VCP6-DCV, VCP5-DCV, CCNA: Security, MCSA: Server 2012, Security+, ITIL v3 Foundations
    Quote Originally Posted by bamahonky View Post
    I was lucky to have my employer to pay for the application fee and the exam fee. For me, it was a fun exam to study. If you can get your employer to pay for it, go for it.
    Basically. It's a relatively easy test and ultimately doesn't prove much other than book knowledge of attacks, tools, and some basic networking.

I wouldn't have paid $800 out of pocket for mine but if you can get your employer to foot the bill, it's a no-brainer for the HR filter.

e: Or if you want to work network defense in compliance with 8570, then totally worth it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    C|EH
    What redworld said^

I thought the course was fun. I had mine paid for by the company.

I didn't think the test was that easy.
    I thought it covered a wide area of subject matter and the questions where not well written.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member
    Ive heard alot of people say the exam was not well written. I just dont understand of all the exams that prove ones skill, the DoD chose a sketchy one like the CEH as a requirement.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks