+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    C&G Networking Level 2, C&G Networking Level3, MS 70-270

Default Delay Sending Of Emails

Hi

Apologies if this is in wrong catagory (them over in XDA get me paranoid about that)

I work from 8 PM until 8 AM and for every email I send I am manually changing the deliver time to 9 AM (dont want to make someone BB make a buzz noise at like 3 AM) which is when they will be arriving for work.

I would like to set my Outlook 2010 to not send any emails after say 5 PM and instead hold them until 9 AM following day, is it poosible for me to set this in my Outlook, the "defer delivery by a number of minutes" isnt going to work.

Cheers

Lee
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    GCFE, GCED, GCIH, CISSP, CCSP, and others that should never be mentioned
    Don't have my laptop with me to provide details, but this is easily achievable with rules.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberguypr View Post
    Don't have my laptop with me to provide details, but this is easily achievable with rules.
    Would appreciate the info, just had a look in rules but cant see an option to place rule on all outgoing mail.

Thanks for your help

Lee
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member
    This is what you are looking for.

Setting Up A Delayed Sending Rule For Email In Microsoft Outlook - Spatial Ed's blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Quote Originally Posted by Lee H View Post
    Would appreciate the info, just had a look in rules but cant see an option to place rule on all outgoing mail.

Thanks for your help

Lee
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications

Hi Starke

Thank you for this info but this is not going to achieve what I need, if I am sending an email at 01:00 AM why would I delay it by minutes, I am hoping there is a feature that allows all mail regardless of when it was "sent" to be held in "outbox" until 8 AM or whichever time I specify.

Reason is, I work during the night and often email my colleagues who work during the day and I do not want to disturb them with there mobile phone or iPad making a noise.....seems a feesible request but not sure if that feature exists.

Cheers

Lee
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GCFE, GCED, GCIH, CISSP, CCSP, and others that should never be mentioned
    Hmmm.. yes, it's only minutes. Another solution may be Send/Receive Groups but that also only provides for minutes. I'm thinking a Send/Receive group that never sends, paired with the "send on exit" option may work. Of course, this is contingent on you remembering to close Outlook.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks