+ Reply to Thread
  1. Member

Certifications
    MCTS, MCSA, MCP, MCP, VCP

Default No Certification earned after passing 70-662?

Hi there mates,

I passed the 70-662 2 weeks ago, and I was told my support I would get at least the MCTS certification for passing. After 2 weeks of waiting, I call for status on certificate, and I was told I had to pass 70-663 as well?

If so that is fine. I had to do the same not too long ago when I was working in Desktop, and I had to pass the 70-680 and 70-685 to get MCITP.

In my case, I was not trying to get MCITP for exchange, just MCTS would of been fine since looking forward to working with Linux.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    Anyone?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Reticulating splines... iBrokeIT's Avatar

Certifications
    GCIH, GSEC, VCAP5-DCA, VCP5-DCV, MCITP:EA, MCSA 2003/08
    Does it show up on your Microsoft transcript?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE
    When i took the Virtualization TS exam I had to contact support, in all it was a month after my test before it showed up in the MCP portal.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member

Certifications
    @iBrokeIT yes its on my transcript, I was told by MCP support when I first started preparing for the 662 exam that I would earn MCTS, and when I called for status after 10 business days and no cert, I was told that I also had to pass the 70-663.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Nidhoggr, the Net Serpent Claymoore's Avatar

Certifications
    AWS Architect, MCSEx3, MCITPx6, MCTSx17
    I earned an MCTS when I passed my 662 exam back in 2010. That was before Microsoft dropped the MCTS/MCITP and moved to the new MCSA/MCSE structure so perhaps they no longer award an MCTS at all.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    thanks guys, I went ahead and bought the 70-663 reference guide, and take the 70-663, no bad, it will be like when I passed the 70-680, and did not earn a cert until I passed the 70-685 on the desktop side, thus earning 3, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, so from what I understand that if I pass the 70-663, I will earn MCITP, by no means am I bummed out, but wanted to get away from MS for a little bit and go Unix, and VCP, guess I can put those plans on hold for a few weeks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks