+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passed 70-341!

1. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSA Windows Server 2012 R2, MCSE Messaging

Default Passed 70-341!

Hi Everyone,

I am aiming to get the MCSE messaging done this year and am off to a flying start, passing the 70-341 on the first attempt.

Start studying for it in October, I had basic experience with mailboxes but nothing with CAS, transport or anything like that so I wasn't expecting to pass this quickly.

I felt kind of ready for the exam, but mainly booked it because of the free retake offer and thinking I would be able to pass it in a month if not this time.
    It turns out I knew more than I thought, I always tend to mark down all of my answers I am 100% confident about being right, and by the end of the exam I had 25 out of 50 marked down so was expecting to fail. When I pressed finish it said I got 865 out of 1000, I was shocked!
    What surprised me more was the fact that when I did the MCSA Server 2012 I got 7** on all of them, so to get 865 on this goes to show I must understand exchange more as most of the stuff is actually relevant unlike a lot of the stuff on MCSA (you will never come across half the stuff covered on MCSA in your career)
    Another reason I think I understood it more was that I had a lab environment for this exam, whereas the other 3 I have done I did not, I just had videos, books, TechNet etc.

For anyone who needs to know the exam format:
    I got 3 case studies with 4 questions each, and 38 random questions. I had 1 case study before the 38 questions and 2 case studies after. The case studies were pretty easy to be honest, it just means you need to read a bit more, I think I got all 12 questions right in my case studies.

Next up is 70-342 which I imagine will be really hard, hopefully I can pick that up as quickly as I picked stuff up for 70-341.
    Can anyone who has taken these exams tell me how 342 compares with 341?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCSA Office 365, ITIL Foundation v3, CCENT, Comptia A+ and Network+
    Congratulations! This is awesome.!

I am currently preparing to take it next month. I just attained MCSA Office 365 last saturday.
    So looking forward to being an MCSE Messaging before July or so.
    Wish you all the best with 70-342!
    Last edited by denzel564; 02-10-2016 at 10:19 AM. Reason: correction
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    a few
    Congrats!
    من طلب عزائم الأمور ، هان عليه بذل النفس فيها - محمد إبن ابي عامر
    www.keyboardbanger.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by denzel564 View Post
    Congratulations! This is awesome.!

I am currently preparing to take it next month. I just attained MCSA Office 365 last saturday.
    So looking forward to being an MCSE Messaging before July or so.
    Wish you all the best with 70-342!
    Good luck prepping for the 70-341, what kind of things are you planning to do to study for this exam?

I used CBT nuggets videos, TechNet, labbing, virtual academy and found them all useful! There is quite a lot of information out there and it seems that I found this one a lot easier than the 3rd MCSA Windows Server 2012 exam. You probably have some advantage as I have heard that 70-342 has quite a bit of Office 365 content.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    VCP-DV, ITIL
    Congrats!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCSA Office 365, ITIL Foundation v3, CCENT, Comptia A+ and Network+
    I am using the Boson labs ( Online Practice Labs) which are amazing and in-depth and 'Mastering exchange Server 2013' book by David Elfassy and also Pluralsight videos by J peter Bruzesse and I will also buy test questions from kaplan closer to the exam.
    I have booked for next month but I don't think I'll be ready by then so I'll probably postpone will the following month.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CASP, SEC+, NET+, A+, NST, CST, ACE...
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    Go my 70-342 booked for Tuesday the 19th.

Prepared slightly differently for this exam, CBT nuggets let me down for the first time. I think it was the instructor that did these videos, I didn't find him as good as the other 2 instructors I have learnt from.
    He also skipped over the Unified messaging part in one brief video, this is about 20% of the exam as well!

After this I have mainly used TechNet to teach myself (mainly UM) but also the rest of the topics.

Personally, I don't seem to find most of the stuff much more difficult than I did in the 70-341. Stuff like retention policies, DAG's weren't actually much different to in 70-341 (just a couple more things to learn such as site resiliency, which was only touched upon before).

I am pretty confident I have got this!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks