+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Default Change in 70-284 exam format

I hear news from my friend about change in 70-284 exam format.

Please focus on it and add your opinion.

spidy.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS; Vista
    I took it last Wednesday. All multiple choice.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

So 5 years after Exchange 2003 comes out they plan on changing the exam format for this exam only and not any of the other exams? Highly doubtful.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCITP: EA, EMA; MCSE 2000/2003: M; MCSE 2000: S; MCSA 2000/2003: S; MCTS: ISA 2006; VCP3/4
    Agreed.

Although, I'd certainly applaud them making any change that actually makes that exam challenging. Besides the Windows 2000 Security Design exam, that was the easiest exam I've ever taken. Ridiculously easy.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Default Link

Thanks for repaly.

Please give me the link about this change in exam format.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSA:2008, VCP4/5, CCA (XS), MCITP: EA/VA, MCSE, MCSA, Linux+, Security+, Server+, A+
    I believe what they're saying is that there isn't a change in the exam format, until you see an announcement from Microsoft to the contrary.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member

Default Total 50 questions

Now they change from 50 question.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCITP: EA, EMA; MCSE 2000/2003: M; MCSE 2000: S; MCSA 2000/2003: S; MCTS: ISA 2006; VCP3/4
    A. I have no idea what you're saying.
    B. Whatever you're trying to say is the format change, prove it changed, don't just state it changed. Otherwise, as far as I'm concerned, it's random speculation.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS; Vista
    I failed the first time with a 562 score. Passed today with a 864. No simulations.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by Mmartin_47
    I failed the first time with a 562 score. Passed today with a 864. No simulations.
    Congrats on passing.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE: M 2003, MCSA:M 2003, MCITP: Vista Support, MCDST XP, Linux+.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroPsycho
    A. I have no idea what you're saying.
    B. Whatever you're trying to say is the format change, prove it changed, don't just state it changed. Otherwise, as far as I'm concerned, it's random speculation.
    There is no real "format change" as such. Just an increase in questions from 32 to 50.

In the 295 I had a total of 11 case study scenarios. All ranging from 4-6 questions each for a total of 42 questions in all. Not sure if this is a change as well.

I can confirm this from taking them both last week.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCSE 2K, Bsc (hons)

Default 70-284

I can confirm they have changed it! I spent months studying the transcenders, Tony Redmond book etc and failed yesterday with 662

I was expecting 30 q's in 2 hrs and got 50 q's (which i'd never seen before) in 3 and half ours.

surprised I scored as highly as i did....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member
    I tried to register for it, to re-confirm and it told me 2 and a quarter hours. At 3 and a half hours this would make it one of the longest Microsoft tests.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCSE 2K, Bsc (hons)
    well, thats exactly what i thought - it was only when i went in there and saw the test length and number of questions that i realised prometric have it wrong...UH OH i thought
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCSE 2K, Bsc (hons)
    i really need to pass it 2nd time - can anyone recommend anything? the transcenders are out of date (i have written to them about this).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    JNCIP-SEC, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIA-JunOS, CCNA, CCENT, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, MCP, Network+, Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by hetty
    I tried to register for it, to re-confirm and it told me 2 and a quarter hours. At 3 and a half hours this would make it one of the longest Microsoft tests.
    290 gave me 3.5 hours...I was actually surprised.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member
    I think Id have to pack a lunch for that lenght!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    JNCIP-SEC, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIA-JunOS, CCNA, CCENT, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, MCP, Network+, Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by hetty
    I think Id have to pack a lunch for that lenght!
    I only used 2.5 of them, but yea it threw me for a loop. I guess its better to have more time than less. Fortunately, I had lunch BEFORE the exam
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member
    Took it today, 50 questions, just over 3 hours given. I took about 1.5 because I was being very careful.....also, I couldn't concentrate....I kept reading over and over w/o really knowing what I was reading...know what I mean?

Anyway, scored a 908. Several of you guys seem to be able to extrapolate how many non-scored questions that means I had and how many I missed. Care of offer some input on that?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Senior Member
    Feel free to start your own thread. I'm not sure why you wanted your pass buried at the bottom of this wacky thread

Congratulations all the same though! No one's going to be able to give you an exact number. You got around 90% of the scored questions, so be happy with that!

I can't imagine them including more than 2 or 3 non-scored questions though. The results would be skewed if they include too many.

Welcome to the forums
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamik
    Feel free to start your own thread. I'm not sure why you wanted your pass buried at the bottom of this wacky thread

Congratulations all the same though! No one's going to be able to give you an exact number. You got around 90% of the scored questions, so be happy with that!

I can't imagine them including more than 2 or 3 non-scored questions though. The results would be skewed if they include too many.

Welcome to the forums
    Actually, I found the thread via Google. Didn't really feel the need to shout-out my pass too loudly. Besides, I started a job @ MS as an Exchange Support Engineer about a month ago. If I didn't do well I'd deserve a butt kicking!

Thanks for the input....I kinda guessed it wasn't an exact science but noticed a few ppl that seemed really confident in their math.

Now off to research 70-285!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks