+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,198
    #1

    Default Rebuilding Exchange 2007 IIS Default Web Site

    I'm trying to find out if there is any commands or configuration that I can run to rebuild Exchange 2007 IIS Default Web Site configuration, this is where OWA is configured etc.

    I was also curious if you remove Default Web Site, is there anyway to restore it? without uninstalling/reinstalling Exchange 07?


    Thanks...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. New Member royal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    3,373
    #2
    New-OWAVirtualDirectory -OwaVirtualDirectory -OWAVersion "Exchange2007" -Name "owa" -Website "Default Website"
    New-OWAVirtualDirectory -OwaVersion:Exchange2003or2000 -VirtualDirectoryType Mailboxes -Name "exchange" -WebSiteName "Default Website"
    New-OWAVirtualDirectory -OwaVersion:Exchange2003or2000 -VirtualDirectoryType PublicFolders -Name "public" -WebSiteName "Default Website"
    New-OWAVirtualDirectory -OwaVersion:Exchange2003or2000 -VirtualDirectoryType Exchweb -Name "exchweb" -WebSiteName "Default Website"
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,198
    #3
    Sweet Royal, this is very helpful Thanks!!! dang it I never saw this on the vids... was this on CBT?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,198
    #4
    Here's the command I was trying to test, it gives me an error.

    New-OwaVirtualDirectory -ApplicationRoot "system.string" -DomainController "w2k3en32-s05.soggyrice.local" -OwaVersion "Exchange2007" -WebSiteName "default website"
    New-OwaVirtualDirectory : Exchange server "w2k3en64-s04.soggyrice.local" was not found. Please make sure you have typed it correctly.
    At line:1 char:24+ New-OwaVirtualDirectory <<<< -ApplicationRoot "system.string" -DomainController "w2k3en32-s05.soggyrice.local" -OwaVersion "Exchange2007" -WebSiteName "default website"

    The specified Domain Controller is infact my AD/DC FQDN.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Drops by now and again astorrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    3,141

    Certifications
    I have numerous certs from VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, EMC, Nimble Storage, Palo Alto Networks and more...
    #5
    Can you post the error?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,198
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by astorrs
    Can you post the error?
    The error is the 2nd line...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,198
    #7
    This is the correct command, and yes I succesfully run "remove-owavirtualdirector" cmdlet.

    The WWW Publishing Service has been stopped priot to invoking this cmdlet.

    Cmdlet:

    New-OwaVirtualDirectory -ApplicationRoot "system.string" -DomainController "w2k3en32-s05.soggyrice.local" -OwaVersion "Exchange2007" -WebSiteName "Default Web Site"

    Error:

    New-OwaVirtualDirectory : An error occurred while creating the IIS virtual directory 'IIS://w2k3en64-s03.soggyrice.local/W3SVC/1/ROOT/owa' on 'W2K3EN64-S03'.
    At line:1 char:24+ New-OwaVirtualDirectory <<<< -ApplicationRoot "system.string" -DomainController "w2k3en32-s05.soggyrice.local" -OwaVersion "Exchange2007" -WebSiteName "Default Web Site"
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Drops by now and again astorrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    3,141

    Certifications
    I have numerous certs from VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, EMC, Nimble Storage, Palo Alto Networks and more...
    #8
    Sorry I missed that. All the PowerShell syntax kinda blurred together.

    Others seem to have had the same problem. Can you double check that IIS isn't running in 32-bit compatibility mode?

    To switch IIS to 64-bit mode from the command prompt run the following:
    cscript c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET /w3svc/AppPools/Enable32BitAppOnWin64 False

    (I remembered this all started after you installed GFI MailArchiver, since it uses IIS it might have enabled it)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. New Member royal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    3,373
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jbaello
    Sweet Royal, this is very helpful Thanks!!! dang it I never saw this on the vids... was this on CBT?
    No this wasn't on CBT. I just know the PowerShell command New-OWAVirtualDirectory so I looked up the commands to rebuild the Exchange 2007 specific directories and the 2003 specific directories. There are other directories though such as Autodiscover and EWS, Etc...

    For Autodiscover, you would do new-Autodiscovervirtualdirectory.

    I don't see a new-ewsvirtualdirectory.

    So not really sure what we'd do for that directory.


    Edit: Just found this -
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=320202

    Apparently, you have to re-install IIS and then re-install the CAS role to get the Autodiscover/EWS(Availability) stuff going. You can then run the PowerShell commands at the bottom of the article on your Mailbox Server.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,198
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by royal
    Quote Originally Posted by jbaello
    Sweet Royal, this is very helpful Thanks!!! dang it I never saw this on the vids... was this on CBT?
    No this wasn't on CBT. I just know the PowerShell command New-OWAVirtualDirectory so I looked up the commands to rebuild the Exchange 2007 specific directories and the 2003 specific directories. There are other directories though such as Autodiscover and EWS, Etc...

    For Autodiscover, you would do new-Autodiscovervirtualdirectory.

    I don't see a new-ewsvirtualdirectory.

    So not really sure what we'd do for that directory.


    Edit: Just found this -
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=320202

    Apparently, you have to re-install IIS and then re-install the CAS role to get the Autodiscover/EWS(Availability) stuff going. You can then run the PowerShell commands at the bottom of the article on your Mailbox Server.
    This is the most comprehensive approach in rebuilding Exchange 2007 IIS Components.

    Thanks!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,941

    Certifications
    MCITP: EA, EMA; MCSE 2000/2003: M; MCSE 2000: S; MCSA 2000/2003: S; MCTS: ISA 2006; VCP3/4
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by royal
    I don't see a new-ewsvirtualdirectory.

    So not really sure what we'd do for that directory.
    FYI, it's New-WebServicesVirtualDirectory with applicable MS linkage...

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125176(EXCHG.80).aspx
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,198
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by jbaello
    Quote Originally Posted by royal
    Quote Originally Posted by jbaello
    Sweet Royal, this is very helpful Thanks!!! dang it I never saw this on the vids... was this on CBT?
    No this wasn't on CBT. I just know the PowerShell command New-OWAVirtualDirectory so I looked up the commands to rebuild the Exchange 2007 specific directories and the 2003 specific directories. There are other directories though such as Autodiscover and EWS, Etc...

    For Autodiscover, you would do new-Autodiscovervirtualdirectory.

    I don't see a new-ewsvirtualdirectory.

    So not really sure what we'd do for that directory.


    Edit: Just found this -
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=320202

    Apparently, you have to re-install IIS and then re-install the CAS role to get the Autodiscover/EWS(Availability) stuff going. You can then run the PowerShell commands at the bottom of the article on your Mailbox Server.
    This is the most comprehensive approach in rebuilding Exchange 2007 IIS Components.

    Thanks!!!
    This worked fine, except some cmdlets.

    https://webmail.soggyrice.com/owa
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks