+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    CISSP, CICSP, MCSE, C|EH, MCSA, MCITP: EMA 2K7/2010, MCTS:Exchange 2K7/2010, Sec+, Net+, CCA-XENAPP, ITIL-V3, MCDST, MOS
    Downloaded yesterday and I am excited. I am installing it on a Windows Server 2008 Enterprise virtual machine which is hosted on Citrix XenServer 5.0 (HP DL350G5).

By the way I am not overly impressed by Exchange 2007. The ideal to limit the GUI interface functionality and switch everything to powershell was dumb. As a IT manager this adds too much overhead into completing tasks. They have over-complicated Exchange 2007 and Windows 2008. I have managed Linux email systems before, now it seems I am moving back to that era of scripting everything. I hope Exchange 2010 offers something better!!
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    The Exchange team was short on time and wasn't able to implement a lot of the functionality into the GUI. That was dramatically improved with SP1. It seems like anything that's still not in the GUI is more specialized, and in all honesty, really isn't that complicated to carry out.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCITP: EA, EMA; MCSE 2000/2003: M; MCSE 2000: S; MCSA 2000/2003: S; MCTS: ISA 2006; VCP3/4
    Quote Originally Posted by itdaddy View Post
    go M$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ push those margins
    oh yeah all MS stuff is 100% ready out of box no need or any patches
    or any calls to MS for 200.00 a pop to India! non! best software inthe world! what a need of more exachange software!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    screw 2007 hahahahaha ahha
    No software is perfect. How about learning the product before you trash it? That would take care of most of the $200 per support incident you're paying, too.

Say what you want about the GUI, but you can do almost everything in the GUI with E2K7. You can do virtually nothing via command line in previous versions of Exchange.

Sorry, but when mailbox reports goes from this:

Set listExchange_Mailboxs = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonat e}!\\COMPUTERNAME\ROOT\MicrosoftExchangeV2").Insta ncesOf("Exchange_Mailbox")

For Each objExchange_Mailbox in listExchange_Mailboxs

WScript.echo "AssocContentCount =” + objExchange_Mailbox.AssocContentCount

WScript.echo " DateDiscoveredAbsentInDS =” + objExchange_Mailbox.DateDiscoveredAbsentInDS

WScript.echo " DeletedMessageSizeExtended =” + objExchange_Mailbox. DeletedMessageSizeExtended

WScript.echo " LastLoggedOnUserAccount =” + objExchange_Mailbox. LastLoggedOnUserAccount

WScript.echo " LastLogoffTime =” + objExchange_Mailbox. LastLogoffTime

WScript.echo " LastLogonTime =” + objExchange_Mailbox. LastLogonTime

WScript.echo " LegacyDN =” + objExchange_Mailbox. LegacyDN

WScript.echo " MailboxDisplayName =” + objExchange_Mailbox. MailboxDisplayName

WScript.echo " MailboxGUID =” + objExchange_Mailbox. MailboxGUID

WScript.echo " ServerName =” + objExchange_Mailbox. ServerName

WScript.echo " Size =” + objExchange_Mailbox. Size

WScript.echo " StorageGroupName =” + objExchange_Mailbox. StorageGroupName

WScript.echo " StorageLimitInfo =” + objExchange_Mailbox. StorageLimitInfo

WScript.echo " StoreName =” + objExchange_Mailbox. StoreName

WScript.echo " TotalItems =” + objExchange_Mailbox. TotalItems

Next

To this:

get-mailboxstatistics –server $servername

You got a good product. When the command line is as good as PowerShell is, I'll take E2K7 in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by HeroPsycho; 04-17-2009 at 03:44 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Artist's impression mikedisd2's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSE, CCNA, ITIL, Dipl.IT, 70-620, 70-647
    Aw man, and here I am still studying Ex 03.
    Guess I'll catch up one day
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Nidhoggr, the Net Serpent Claymoore's Avatar

Certifications
    AWS Architect, MCSEx3, MCITPx6, MCTSx17
    Here I am working on a custom IIFP GALSync Free/Busy solution for sharing between two organizations, wishing there were an easier way to do this, and here comes Exchange 2010 with Federated Sharing.

I don't know if I like using Windows Live as a broker between the organizations, but my clients will probably like it more than paying for ILM licenses.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE (old), SSCP, CCA, Sec+, P+, L+, and N+
    Downloaded the beta and have 1 tb drives on order for my VMware test box. Hopefully, I will be able to get it to run on ESXi.
    Andy

2017 Goals: 1 of 5 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by Claymoore View Post
    Here I am working on a custom IIFP GALSync Free/Busy solution for sharing between two organizations, wishing there were an easier way to do this, and here comes Exchange 2010 with Federated Sharing.

I don't know if I like using Windows Live as a broker between the organizations, but my clients will probably like it more than paying for ILM licenses.
    E14 Federation only does free/busy or sharing calendars/contacts with another organization. It doesn't populate a GAL in the federated forest. So, you'll need a GALsync solution. And this is only E14 to E14. You'll still need to do Availability to Availability if you have E12 in the mix or Inter Org Replication Tool + IIFP/MIIS/ILM in the mix if you have Exchange 2003 in there or use a solution like Quest Collaboration services to take care of all that for you.

And several MVPs including myself told the Exchange Product Group that we'd like to have our own brokers for Federated Trusts. Whether they will do that, no idea.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by blargoe View Post
    I like this
    Me too. But Windows NLB won't be supported for CAS/HUB Servers within a DAG. Windows NLB is only supported if the CAS/HUB nodes are not a member of a DAG.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks