+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Member Extraordinaire genXrcist's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA:V MCITP:EA/EMA2K10 MCSE:S MCSA:M MCDST A+/Net+/Sec+
    Good tip and sounds like fun to boot! Does it cost anything to setup a Federated trust through Microsoft?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. low-achiever

Certifications
    MCTS - Windows 2008
    Did you do any of the practice tests that came with the MSPress book? Wondering how close to the exam they are.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by genXrcist View Post
    C'est la vie, I didn't pass. Scored a 567 in fact. Very disappointing because of all the training I went through. Granted, the class sucked so that didn't really help. In the end, the questions on the exam were of a different nature than what I saw in the CBTNuggets video and the MSPress book. None of the categories on the results page were less than the 60% mark but only one bar was over 80%.

In all I feel good about Exchange 2010 and having actually performed a live 2003 to 2010 production upgrade I can honestly say I'm ready to move on. However, I would like to get a pass so I've licked my wounds and prepared myself for one more push.

I'm going to be reading the areas I scored low in at Technet, as well as the subjects that pertained to questions I had no clue about. I'm even considering just purchasing a Transcender for the exam to really shore up my knowledge.

In the end my advice to people is to really know the ECP, IRM & Federated Services.

Tentative Retake Date: 1/11/11
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    TechExam Certified Alien Abduction Professional
    Good tip and sounds like fun to boot! Does it cost anything to setup a Federated trust through Microsoft?
    Setting up the federated trust doesn't cost anything per-se. What does cost - and sometimes a lot - is the x.509 certificate required, as it is very specific to the federation trust. Not every SSL cert can be used for it ... Plus you need someone setting the trust up with you so you can "play" with calendar informations, free / busy schedules, sharing polcies etc.

If you do have a lot of "kit" and two domains to play with and you don't mind the costs involved, get two certs and get going.

Trusted Root Certification Authorities for Federation Trusts: Exchange 2010 SP1 Help

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger66 View Post
    Did you do any of the practice tests that came with the MSPress book? Wondering how close to the exam they are.

thanks!
    Some books coming with a small selection of MeasureUp - they supposed to be harder than the real ones, hence making it very likely to pass. Having said that - a few guys came back from a training course for Server 2008 exams and they got a month pass for MeasureUp - around 2% of the answeres were plain wrong and didn't even make sense ... So personally I'd stay away from them and maybe pay a bit more but get Transcender instead.

Whatever you get, make sure you test with http://www.certguard.com/ to make sure you don't buy any braindumps.
    Last edited by jibbajabba; 02-08-2011 at 07:13 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. low-achiever

Certifications
    MCTS - Windows 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomjaba View Post

Some books coming with a small selection of MeasureUp - they supposed to be harder than the real ones, hence making it very likely to pass. Having said that - a few guys came back from a training course for Server 2008 exams and they got a month pass for MeasureUp - around 2% of the answeres were plain wrong and didn't even make sense ... So personally I'd stay away from them and maybe pay a bit more but get Transcender instead.

Whatever you get, make sure you test with CertGuard | IT Certification Exam Security & Integrity to make sure you don't buy any braindumps.
    Definitely going to purchase Transcender, but I want one more for a different "perspective".

I used Measureup for the 70-667 Sharepoint test and found it to be quite useful. It seems like what they do is ask questions inspired by the "live" test. Not exactly the same question reworded, but with the same concept and if you read and understand the explanations you can work out the correct answer on the exam. Not sure if I am making sense there.

I have also used Self Test in the past and found it to be really good too, so I am not sure which to go with.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    You can't really getting used to setting this up without getting proper x.509 Cerys (expensive) and setting up two domains in order to actually test this. Setting up FT is a next next next action really - configuring policies a whole different matter.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. low-achiever

Certifications
    MCTS - Windows 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomjaba View Post
    Setting up the federated trust doesn't cost anything per-se. What does cost - and sometimes a lot - is the x.509 certificate required, as it is very specific to the federation trust. Not every SSL cert can be used for it ... Plus you need someone setting the trust up with you so you can "play" with calendar informations, free / busy schedules, sharing polcies etc.

If you do have a lot of "kit" and two domains to play with and you don't mind the costs involved, get two certs and get going.

Trusted Root Certification Authorities for Federation Trusts: Exchange 2010 SP1 Help
    I am considering exploring this in my studies. In the help link mentioned above they also indicate that you can use a self-signed cert. I didn't read it thoroughly, so maybe I missed something. Is there any reason the self signed would not work?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. low-achiever

Certifications
    MCTS - Windows 2008
    I am considering exploring this in my studies. In the help link mentioned above they also indicate that you can use a self-signed cert. I didn't read it thoroughly, so maybe I missed something. Is there any reason the self signed would not work?

Ohhhh...Now that I've actually studied the topic I now realize you NEED the X.509 cert to get to the cloud service. heh.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Ohhhh...Now that I've actually studied the topic I now realize you NEED the X.509 cert to get to the cloud service. heh.
    Indeed .. Glad "I" didn't buy certs just for study purposes .. Now my company has decided to go with "Open Exchange" - so the chances in me actually working with that in my current Job : NIL .. (was only 0.0001% to begin with )
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member Extraordinaire genXrcist's Avatar

Certifications
    I took my 5th and final attempt at this exam today and finally passed with an 860. There were some very specific questions that I had some a-ha moments on specifically dealing with the Client Access array, public folders and recipient policies.

I'm taking the 70-663 this Friday (only failed that once) and if I pass I'll finally be MCITP: EMA 2K10. Really looking forward to getting back to Cisco.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55, MCITP: EA, VA & SA, MCSA 2003: Messaging, MCTS: Windows 7 and working on VCAP-DCD
    Congrats on the 662 pass and good luck on 663.

I am studying for these 2 now and hope to take them within the next month or two.

Let us know how 663 goes.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCIX-NV, VCAP5-DCD/DTA/DCA, VCP-5/DT, MCSA: 2008, MCITP: EA, MCTS x5, ITIL v3, MCSA: M, MS in Telecom Engg
    I took my 5th and final attempt at this exam today and finally passed with an 860. There were some very specific questions that I had some a-ha moments on specifically dealing with the Client Access array, public folders and recipient policies.

I'm taking the 70-663 this Friday (only failed that once) and if I pass I'll finally be MCITP: EMA 2K10. Really looking forward to getting back to Cisco.
    Persistence certainly pays off! Well done.
    VCDX: DCV - Round 2 rescheduled (by VMware) for December 2017.

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:CP&I, SI, MCITPx2, MCSAx2, MCTSx7, VCP6/5/4/3(DCV), EMCISA, Sec+, ITILv3F, legacy MS
    Fantastic job. Well done on the pass! And VERY well done on persevering on this until you nailed it
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Nidhoggr, the Net Serpent Claymoore's Avatar

Certifications
    AWS Architect, MCSEx3, MCITPx6, MCTSx17
    Congratulations! I am glad that you stuck with it and didn't let this test win.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Member Extraordinaire genXrcist's Avatar

Certifications
    Everyone,

Thank you thank you for your encouragement, help and congratulations. Not many people in my social circles know what it's like to chase these things when family, work and other pressures are constantly pulling us away from our goals.

Here's to everyone here and thank you again!

Oh, and P.S. I took and passed the 70-663 yesterday with a 756! I got creamed on the installing Exchange due to all the cloud questions (never once did I read about that in my books) but I did well enough in the other areas that i squeaked by.

Finally MCITP: EMA and I can now move on to Cisco Voice and then CCNP!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Exam 70-662

Hey guys, our techs are struggling with the Microsoft Exchange 70-662 exam also. One of my techs took the test the 3 times and all 3 times he failed by one or 2 questions. It looks as Microsoft does not have an updated study course, and the test can have several correct answers, depending on how you approach the problem. We called Microsoft and their answer was, we don't control study material and we have the right to change the exams at anytime. Does anyone know a reliable updated study course that we can invest in that can help us pass this exam? So far we have tried Microsoft Press, Brain dumps, measureup and now we are looking into measurup.com. We are spending money to get set of tools that can help us pass the exams and it has been very disappointing thus far.
    I would appreciate your input.

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member Registered Member
    Glad to hear you finally passed, genX, I'm looking down the barrel of my 4th try at this test. I've been scoring in the low to mid 600s and I'm pretty confident in all of my answers but I just don't seem to know what I'm getting wrong and what I can do to improve. So far, it seems like all the questions are vague and the answers are even more vague. The last test I took a month and a half ago surprised me with the SP1 questions since there are a lot of changes from SP0 to SP1 and I was studying exclusively for the SP0 exam.

What did you find most helpful in terms of practice exams? So far I haven't found anything even close to the real exam questions.

Thanks for any advice. If I don't pass on my 4th and final try, my boss is going to make me take an easier exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Member Extraordinaire genXrcist's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Knight View Post
    Glad to hear you finally passed, genX, I'm looking down the barrel of my 4th try at this test. I've been scoring in the low to mid 600s and I'm pretty confident in all of my answers but I just don't seem to know what I'm getting wrong and what I can do to improve. So far, it seems like all the questions are vague and the answers are even more vague. The last test I took a month and a half ago surprised me with the SP1 questions since there are a lot of changes from SP0 to SP1 and I was studying exclusively for the SP0 exam.

What did you find most helpful in terms of practice exams? So far I haven't found anything even close to the real exam questions.

Thanks for any advice. If I don't pass on my 4th and final try, my boss is going to make me take an easier exam.
    Hi Arthur,

The only practice exams I used were from the MS Press book (crap) and Transcender. In fact, I re-purchased the transcender 70-662 exam (download version) and started using them again and realized they were still geared towards RTM. So I contacted their support and asked them to confirm that it was set for SP1 and instead of responding either way they just refunded my money.

You could try Measureup.com or something but I've never used them.

In the end you need to really focus on the questions. I researched as many of the questions that I was unsure on afterwards and was able to find the info on Technet. Pay special attention to the wording for example, if the questions asks about Client Access Array's make sure there is something in their about how you're going to load balance the two.

In regards to Hard Delete's, make sure you know how to recover them and why it's possible to do so now.

As for Recipient Policies etc, understand what makes them different from Managed folders and know that the SP1 questions are going to be geared toward them. Understand what a Personal tag is and what an Archive policy is and how to set them up, both in EMC and EMS.

There is no master book for this exam but the one I feel that helped me the most was the Inside Out book by Tony Redmond.

Good luck and don't give up!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Can't believe Transcender still working with the RTM version. Told them months ago that the exams are now SP1
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, MCSE x10... and many more
    Training in general is not being updated as quickly as necessary, not just for Exchange. The CEHv7 isn't getting updated material except for EC-Council, which is actually subpar, and CCNP Security has taken months for new material. It's just the way it is.

If you want updated information for Exchange 2010 SP1, you need to check Google and search for "TechEd 2011 Exchange 2010". There are videos that discuss Exchange Online and SP1 features.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Makes all sense, not with Transcender though. They always promise to update the software as soon as the exams are updated too. Even said via email, ago months ago, that they will update the software as soon as Microsoft changes the exam content but they didn't. To be fair thought, if the differences between SP1 and non SP makes you fail then you might not be properly prepared anyway
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55, MCITP: EA, VA & SA, MCSA 2003: Messaging, MCTS: Windows 7 and working on VCAP-DCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemirkhan View Post
    Hey guys, our techs are struggling with the Microsoft Exchange 70-662 exam also. One of my techs took the test the 3 times and all 3 times he failed by one or 2 questions. It looks as Microsoft does not have an updated study course, and the test can have several correct answers, depending on how you approach the problem. We called Microsoft and their answer was, we don't control study material and we have the right to change the exams at anytime. Does anyone know a reliable updated study course that we can invest in that can help us pass this exam? So far we have tried Microsoft Press, Brain dumps, measureup and now we are looking into measurup.com. We are spending money to get set of tools that can help us pass the exams and it has been very disappointing thus far.
    I would appreciate your input.

Thanks
    There are many prep tools out there but DO NOT use brain dumps. That is not the way to go.

Here is a list of some I can think of and I am sure others will chime in -

MeasureUp
    Trancender
    Self Test

Videos -

Train Signal - These videos are excellent and I have both of them
    CBT Nuggets

Good luck in the quest.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks