+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 52 First ... 678910 1112131420 ... Last
  1. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    Yikes scored a 23/30

Should of googled the answers as I went, and used that 30 minutes extra time to review my answers.

Hopefully my qualifications will get me into the program rather then my assessment quiz.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    Associate of (ISC)2 (CISSP), Passed (CISA & CISM), Security+, Network+, Linux+, LPIC-1
    I was just thinking: What about someone who scored well, but he/she actually has no certs in hand at all. I actually bunch of friends who are way better at understanding Linux than I do because they use it early. Getting this cert could further advance his/her career like switching job or getting promotion. Hence, hopes for those got high scores, lol. Cisco has no idea how many certs we got, right?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Certified Coccyx Inspector
    Quote Originally Posted by tphan3 View Post
    I was just thinking: What about someone who scored well, but he/she actually has no certs in hand at all. I actually bunch of friends who are way better at understanding Linux than I do because they use it early. Getting this cert could further advance his/her career like switching job or getting promotion. Hence, hopes for those got high scores, lol. Cisco has no idea how many certs we got, right?
    This cert is a joke. Just like most of them. A ploy to make money and gain market space.

Its the business of certs. CISCO does not care about your past, future or present. They are looking to make themselves look good by "giving" people opportunities to advance themselves in the security realm just so they can start to cash in on the other cert mongers that made millions in the security sector.

Good luck and hopefully I'll be writing a success story soon...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CSA+, GPEN, CCNA Cyber Ops, Security+, MCP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberscum View Post
    This cert is a joke. Just like most of them. A ploy to make money and gain market space.

Its the business of certs. CISCO does not care about your past, future or present. They are looking to make themselves look good by "giving" people opportunities to advance themselves in the security realm just so they can start to cash in on the other cert mongers that made millions in the security sector.

Pfft. Cisco loves me. I just know they do. You can tell by how gleefully they take my $.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member

i don't agree with you. this is a great gesture from cisco and the last time i checked. no other company has done it
    i cant wait to enroll!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. 1101010111100110

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Security

the stuff mentioned under the exam objectives are actually important and useful for anyone who wants to work as a security analyst, but we all know IT certification's worth since the ridiculous amount of brain dumps that exists out there
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member

Certifications
    CVA, CCNA Cyber Ops
    I have internet again and I was able to finally do it! Seemed fairly basic to me, even though I'm still about halfway through the CCNA material, but I got some answers wrong due to the wording of the questions and I missed some other Linux and Windows bits. 22.57/30 here
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by iseeyou View Post
    i don't agree with you. this is a great gesture from cisco and the last time i checked. no other company has done it
    i cant wait to enroll!!!
    No man your right, I need to change my tune.

...I'm sorry Mr CISCO. I should be grateful that you took the time out of your day to offer us all a "free" cert that no employer wants or is asking for. Your not like the other companies that I receive spam from on a daily basis for "free" this and "free" that. I have a gut feeling that you really mean good in what your doing and I can't wait to start my career in cyber security with this one cert. I want to also apologize to the members of this forum for clouding your thoughts about Mr CISCO. He/she has been nothing but honest to me and although he/she takes a lot of my hard earned money, I feel he/she only does it for my own good. Now I'm gonna get back to work before I cause any more issues.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, GCIA, GCIH, C|EH, and more.

...I'm sorry Mr CISCO. I should be grateful that you took the time out of your day to offer us all a "free" cert that no employer wants or is asking for. Your not like the other companies that I receive spam from on a daily basis for "free" this and "free" that. I have a gut feeling that you really mean good in what your doing and I can't wait to start my career in cyber security with this one cert. I want to also apologize to the members of this forum for clouding your thoughts about Mr CISCO. He/she has been nothing but honest to me and although he/she takes a lot of my hard earned money, I feel he/she only does it for my own good. Now I'm gonna get back to work before I cause any more issues.
    Don't forget to ask Cisco for forgiveness you heathen
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." - Homer Simpson
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by E Double U View Post
    Don't forget to asok Cisco for forgiveness you heathen
    Too late. CISCO notified me that I needed to retake the assessment because of my civil disobedience so I did.

They changed the test on me and had all kinds of complicated questions like...."what rhymes with FIRERALL and is part of security".

I guessed directory traversal exploit, but after thinking about it for a bit I think it was cross site scripting vulnerability.

.... let this be a lesson to you all.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    Signed up for it again on a different email address last week and they sent me the assessment to that one! Will have to get that done sometime today.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, MCTS Windows 7, Configuration, SSCP, CISSP
    Too late. CISCO notified me that I needed to retake the assessment because of my civil disobedience so I did.

They changed the test on me and had all kinds of complicated questions like...."what rhymes with FIRERALL and is part of security".

I guessed directory traversal exploit, but after thinking about it for a bit I think it was cross site scripting vulnerability.

.... let this be a lesson to you all.
    I choose application did I get it right?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, N+, CCENT
    I see a lot of you didnt see the percentage of your grade. Heres a screenshot of mine which shows the percentage.

I used Chrome Version 53.0.2785.101 m

passed.jpg
    Last edited by 8thdegreepwnologist; 09-09-2016 at 05:52 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    24.17/30 , feel that is a good number to be at. Right on the 80% line.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    and here I thought every company that makes certifications do it out of the goodness of their hearts and didn't care about making money.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA, CCENT, Network+
    27.33. Fingers crossed I get it!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkNewb View Post
    and here I thought every company that makes certifications do it out of the goodness of their hearts and didn't care about making money.
    I know its horrible right. I'm gonna start a cert company that offers free certs.

........But the renewal fee for every year will be one thousand dollars

And will be in very fine print. But I will be offering free stuff for everyone like Santa clause.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Member

Certifications
    Microsoft MTA
    I just took the assessment. Scored at 23~/30. it was very straight forward. It's a free Cert. Looks good on any resume. it cant hurt. good luck to all. maybe we all reach the finish line on this one!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CSA+, GPEN, CCNA Cyber Ops, Security+, MCP
    Quote Originally Posted by TechxWizard View Post
    I just took the assessment. Scored at 23~/30. it was very straight forward. It's a free Cert. Looks good on any resume. it cant hurt. good luck to all. maybe we all reach the finish line on this one!
    In the interview: "I see you have the CCNA Cyber Ops. I too clip coupons as part of my career progression."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Junior Member

Certifications
    CompTIA Security+
    29/30 Surprised that the one I missed was on networking. I thought it would be Linux I missed (guess I know just enough Linux!)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSc, MSc, CCNA, eJPT, AcessData ACE, Palo Alto ACE
    I think it doesn't matter if its free today because tomorrow will cost a few thousand dollars to take the training etc. Either way its good to have if you are not certified from all the other certification "vendors" multiple times. Knowledge is always needed.Maybe im wrong
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lismith View Post
    29/30 Surprised that the one I missed was on networking. I thought it would be Linux I missed (guess I know just enough Linux!)
    29/30...wow you did so well.. highest score so far in this forum!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA R & S
    I feel like a noob here.. you guys are making me feel inferior.. seeing all the certs you'll are having
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member scaredoftests's Avatar

Certifications
    ACAS,Comp TIA Security +, Novell CNE, HDI Customer Service, ITIL Foundation, MTA

LOL, though traumatized by your post (a glass of wine settled my nerves), I forgive you.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    Quote Originally Posted by ifex View Post
    I feel like a noob here.. you guys are making me feel inferior.. seeing all the certs you'll are having
    Yes but, we all started with none. I recommend just reading these forums daily for a while and you will learn a ton to help you get there too.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 52 First ... 678910 1112131420 ... Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks