+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 50 First 12 345612 ... Last
  1. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    It does seem like as long as you meet their minimum qualifications, you are in.

The only thing im worried about at this point is wether they will have set times for training. That would exclude alot of people who have to work during the day and may only be able to attend training on the weekends or for a few hours at the end of day.

Since its on demand learning, I'm sure the times will be "at your own conveinance".
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CEH | SSCP | VCP6 | VCP-NV | VCP-Cloud | VCP6-NV | VCP5-DCV | VCP4 | MCTS | MCP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritual View Post
    It does seem like as long as you meet their minimum qualifications, you are in.

The only thing im worried about at this point is wether they will have set times for training. That would exclude alot of people who have to work during the day and may only be able to attend training on the weekends or for a few hours at the end of day.

Since its on demand learning, I'm sure the times will be "at your own conveinance".
    I of course cant find it now, BUT, I remember reading somewhere when this was first announced that it was on demand (IE: around your schedule). I believe its online material, videos, and then "access" to a mentor \ trainer. I think this access will consist of being able to email someone. At least that's the vibe I got. Then of course you will get your exam vouchers for you to use at your convenience as well (withing the 3 months of the start of the program)

I think I read that in an article announcing the program, but I cant find it now.

Will post it if I do.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Stayed at a Holiday Inn.. the_Grinch's Avatar

Certifications
    BS-CST CISSP GMON MPSC Security+ XRY 1+2+3 XAMN AAA AA
    https://www.netacad.com/news/10-000-...curity-careers

The Details
    You commit to a 3-month training program, and to sharing your story with us. We invest in your future as a cybersecurity professional. What we provide:
    Access to 2 online, instructor-led courses with assessments
    Mentoring to help you prepare for the CCCN Cyber Ops certification exam
    Includes the cost of all exam fees
    WIP:
    MS in Legal Studies - Drexel University
    Mobile Forensics
    Kotlin
    Python
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+
    Has anyone heard back yet?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CSA+, GPEN, CCNA Cyber Ops, Security+, MCP
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy_kitty View Post
    Has anyone heard back yet?
    Crickets here.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member
    I applied. Although I don't have any Cisco certs, I do have Cisco education through my school that I have attended; in partner with Cisco/Net Academy. I am planning on pursuing Masters in Cyber Security at my school so I hope this qualifies me. I am very interested in this.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertaz View Post
    Crickets here.
    Yeaa.... in one email I received, it mentioned hearing back during mid-August but on the application page it says by the beginning of August. I know that's not a huge difference but it sure does feel like it when you're waiting !
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member
    I wonder if there was a cut off time to apply if the program is supposed to start this month. I'll be kicking myself for not seeing this sooner if I miss a deadline or sorts, although I didn't see any mention of one on their site
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+ and CSA+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL Foundations
    I received a couple of emails already from Cisco. The first one thanked me for signing up. The second said that they would be reaching out in mid-August in order to test those selected for basic knowledge. Once that is done, they will contact those who have received the scholarship and provide them with next steps.

In the second email, they provide a link to several TEDTalks. I was not expecting to have to read subtitles...imagine my confusion when the speaker started speaking in French! Really focused my attention on what he was saying (through the use of the subtitles...my French is limited to one insult...thank you French-Canadian neighbors).
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by stryder144 View Post
    I received a couple of emails already from Cisco. The first one thanked me for signing up. The second said that they would be reaching out in mid-August in order to test those selected for basic knowledge. Once that is done, they will contact those who have received the scholarship and provide them with next steps.

In the second email, they provide a link to several TEDTalks. I was not expecting to have to read subtitles...imagine my confusion when the speaker started speaking in French! Really focused my attention on what he was saying (through the use of the subtitles...my French is limited to one insult...thank you French-Canadian neighbors).
    I only know three words in french: Haugh, Haugh, Haugh.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    SilentBreakSecurity - DarkSideOps, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP R/S, CCNP Security (Secure, FW) , C|EH , PA ACE
    Crickets here.
    even more crickets here.....

would be sad if NO ONE from TE got in.....SAD! However the website does say they are looking for people with government security background.
    2017 Goals: Dark Side OPS: Custom Pentesting (complete), eCPPT (in progress), LFCS (in progress), OSCP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisone View Post
    even more crickets here.....

would be sad if NO ONE from TE got in.....SAD! However the website does say they are looking for people with government security background.

They'd have to actually reach out to us to fill out the assessment to know that! Hopefully by next Friday someone here hears back.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    Probably going to try the CCENT on Wednesday, that way I'll be ready if I'm picked. If I'm not, the I'll just finish out the CCNA security.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member
    Probably going to try the CCENT on Wednesday, that way I'll be ready if I'm picked. If I'm not, the I'll just finish out the CCNA security.
    FYI, the CCENT isn't a prereq. They only wanted you to have at least one of the qualifications on their list, and your Security+ is one.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Cyber Ops, MCSA.
    I applied yesterday, hope it is not too late. I haven't received email yet, did you guys receive email as soon as you applied?
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Network View Post
    I applied yesterday, hope it is not too late. I haven't received email yet, did you guys receive email as soon as you applied?
    Its been a while, but I seem to recall that I did. Yesterday was a weekend though, so they may be manually going through them on Monday.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA: R&S, eJPT, JNCIS-SEC, Adtran(IPBG & IN), Dell Sonicwall CSSA, Dell Sonicwall Email Security, CompTIA Security+, CompTia Network+
    I haven't heard anything additional back yet, but I am still holding hope.
    2017 Certification Goals: CISSP [] eCPPT [] OSCP []

Blog: www.networkingfox.net
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseboost View Post
    I haven't heard anything additional back yet, but I am still holding hope.

Maybe by the end of the month?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP R&S
    Same here still haven't heard back from them. Been checking my email lately, last update was about the ted talk links.
    CCNP R&S | Planning to hit IE R&S or JNCIA or Security path|
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    FWIW:

I signed up on day one that they started accepting applications. Aside from the aforementioned emails, I haven't heard anything.

Will let you guys know if I do. This might tell us if they are processing on a FIFO method.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Member
    Received email today from Cisco but it was the same e-mail containing the TED talks links. Not much of an update but it's something. My guess is probably due to the overwhelming response to this, timelines are loose and the expected start time of August isn't that accurate.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, SEC+, Project+, ITIL Foundation
    This is my timeline for emails, I'm interested to see how this all shakes out!

Initial submission: 05AUG16
    First response: 11AUG16 (thank you for your interest)
    Second response: 18AUG16 (TED talk email)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    Wait... everyone else didn't get accepted in already???
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkNewb View Post
    Wait... everyone else didn't get accepted in already???
    LOL - nice panic attempt
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzSaw View Post
    LOL - nice panic attempt
    um, seriously I've been watching the course since Tuesday. My voucher codes for the test showed up this morning.
    Last edited by Ertaz; 08-19-2016 at 03:26 PM. Reason: #JustKidding->Don'tTrip
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 50 First 12 345612 ... Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks