+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 50 First 123 456713 ... Last

Certifications
    SilentBreakSecurity - DarkSideOps, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP R/S, CCNP Security (Secure, FW) , C|EH , PA ACE
    still nothing on my end.....more crickets.....
    2017 Goals: Dark Side OPS: Custom Pentesting (complete), eCPPT (in progress), LFCS (in progress), OSCP (Ah next year...)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CEH | SSCP | VCP6 | VCP-NV | VCP-Cloud | VCP6-NV | VCP5-DCV | VCP4 | MCTS | MCP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertaz View Post
    um, seriously I've been watching the course since Tuesday. My voucher codes for the test showed up this morning.

Nice
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member
    I'm sure Cisco wouldn't just give out the voucher codes without some sort of proof you completed your 90 hours. Otherwise that would be a poor ROI if they didn't get some sort of confirmation from the assigned mentors that you are ready to take the exam. Footing the bill for the resources/materials and then nothing to show for it wouldn't be too smart on Cisco's end.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by superbeast View Post
    I'm sure Cisco wouldn't just give out the voucher codes without some sort of proof you completed your 90 hours. Otherwise that would be a poor ROI if they didn't get some sort of confirmation from the assigned mentors that you are ready to take the exam. Footing the bill for the resources/materials and then nothing to show for it wouldn't be too smart on Cisco's end.
    I think he was kidding
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member
    I knew I should've started my morning with some coffee
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I think CISCO is too busy firing people to pay attention to the program
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    SilentBreakSecurity - DarkSideOps, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP R/S, CCNP Security (Secure, FW) , C|EH , PA ACE
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzSaw View Post
    I think CISCO is too busy firing people to pay attention to the program
    may be that is how they are paying for the program?
    2017 Goals: Dark Side OPS: Custom Pentesting (complete), eCPPT (in progress), LFCS (in progress), OSCP (Ah next year...)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    8/14/16 - "Low quarter sales leaves CISCO scratching their heads on how they are going to pay for the $10 million dollar scholarship program."

8/15/16 - "CISCO announces massive layoff"
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member
    Got an email from Cisco, but it was for a discount on their Cloud Elearning material! Every time I get an email from Cisco I get so excited that it's for the cyber ops scholarship. *Sigh*
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. 1101010111100110

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Security
    august 20th, still waiting, also me and few other guys here in this thread:
    CCNA Cyber Ops
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Executive Member

Certifications
    MCP,MCS,BCVRE, BCEFP, SCP, BACP,VCA-CLOUD , ZCNP -Security , KLE 0.15 , CCSP
    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkNewb View Post
    8/14/16 - "Low quarter sales leaves CISCO scratching their heads on how they are going to pay for the $10 million dollar scholarship program."

8/15/16 - "CISCO announces massive layoff"

Exactly!!

Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    Its coming up on the end of August and they still have not even made as much as a blog post on their website.

With news of the layoff's, I wonder how this may affect the program.

In the last email they stated that there would be assessment's sent out in August and that the program would start in September. This program is looking shaky.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSc, MSc, CCNA, eJPT, AcessData ACE, Palo Alto ACE
    Thanks guys for your info, seems that something has changed but I think we will soon be informed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member
    Cisco knows what they're doing, people. I think the last 30 years shows that. Relax.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by 9bits View Post
    Cisco knows what they're doing, people. I think the last 30 years shows that. Relax.
    Exactly, they know they sent out false info and left people hanging. Its not like their scrambling and laying a ton of people off...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkNewb View Post
    Exactly, they know they sent out false info and left people hanging. Its not like their scrambling and laying a ton of people off...
    It is a FREE program, so its hard to say I feel like they left people "hanging". I'm sure this will all come to fruition
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    Honestly don't even care if they tell us this month or not. But just because something is free doesn't mean you can't leave someone "hanging". If someone told you they are going to meet you at a bar or pick you up at the airport and they don't follow through with no response, I would consider that leaving someone hanging. Even though it was "FREE" it doesn't look good on that person. (or in this case, doesn't look great on Cisco's part)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    eh I am over this.....got things to do.
    Last edited by chrisone; 08-22-2016 at 08:12 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Woohoo! It's over 1000!

Certifications
    RHCSA, Linux+, ACSA, ACTC, ACSP, MCSA:7, MCTS, ITIL F, Prince2 Pract, AgilePM Practioner, VCP-DCV, Storage+, CCNA R+S, CCNA Sec, Security+, CEH, CASP
    They wouldn't be the first successful IT business to disappear or massively change, though. It's always fine until it isn't.

At the moment, I'm just expecting this program to be delayed. It's an obvious area for them to be pushing into, and if you can hook people early, it will likely lead to much better market penetration for their products in the longer run.

If they do this program right, it could be the default network security qualification in much the same way that CCNA R+S is the default networking qualification. And along with that comes lots of people comfortable with using their equipment and systems, so like the answer to "Which brand switch should we buy?" is so often "Cisco", the answer to "What should we do to secure our network?" will be "Cisco".
    2017 Goals - MCSA 2008, CISSP, CCNP:R+S, Agile PM
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Senior Member
    I'm just not sure why people are being spastic over their time scale. Lots of big projects get delayed, or take longer than expected. Nothing new or shocking here, plus it's a free program.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    I'm just not sure why people are being spastic over their time scale. Lots of big projects get delayed, or take longer than expected. Nothing new or shocking here, plus it's a free program.
    Because we signed up to dedicate hours a day for three months to complete a series of exams for a ceritificate. A certificate that may have forced people into delaying or changing the priority of other career advancement pursuits in anticipation for.

One would expect a large well respected company to follow through when they email us telling us that X,Y is going to happen.

I also don't think anyone was really "spastic" about it, we are casually discussing what feels like a delay in the program.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. 1101010111100110

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Security
    august 24th, still no email
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Be patient, there's a reorganization going on at Cisco, People are losing their jobs. Such matters affects almost all departments.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member

Certifications
    Alphabet-soup
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritual View Post
    Because we signed up to dedicate hours a day for three months to complete a series of exams for a ceritificate. A certificate that may have forced people into delaying or changing the priority of other career advancement pursuits in anticipation for.

One would expect a large well respected company to follow through when they email us telling us that X,Y is going to happen.

To be fair all you've done at this point is given your email address to Cisco and said you were interested in the program. As far as I know no one has been given the chance to officially apply, much less been accepted. If people have changed their lives or plans for something that they haven't even officially applied for yet than that's just poor planning on their part.

Also, 10,000 people are going to be accepted over the course of TWO YEARS for the three month program. Don't make plans for anything until you have a start date in hand.
    Last edited by BlackBeret; 08-24-2016 at 02:21 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    I just find it weird they haven't said anything regarding it, after they told everyone they should be expecting something by a certain date. I don't think anyone really cares that they haven't gotten their "free" assessment yet. They shouldn't anyways, its not like anyone knows they are even going to be accepted to do it...

How hard is to say something like "Because of the overwhelming applicants that have applied to our program we will be pushing back the assessments until X time."

Its whatever though, I just making random comments and could care less if they even canceled it. Got a ton on the plate to go through already.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 50 First 123 456713 ... Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks