+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 52 First ... 283435363738 3940414248 ... Last

Certifications
    CCENT
    i am on the same cohort!

Quote Originally Posted by alias454 View Post
    That was my initial reaction too then I thought about it for a minute. It's only a year and a few months away so it should fly by pretty quickly if 2017 is anything like 2016 was. Congrats.

Anyone else besides us accepted for this cohort?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CCNA: R&S, eJPT, JNCIS-SEC, Adtran(IPBG & IN), Dell Sonicwall CSSA, Dell Sonicwall Email Security, CompTIA Security+, CompTia Network+
    So who all is in the March 2017 group?
    2017 Certification Goals: CISSP [] eCPPT [] OSCP []

Blog: www.networkingfox.net
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    Alphabet-soup
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseboost View Post
    That's where I am. Funny enough I missed the email the first time it was sent and had been eyeballing the CCNA Security, so at the moment I'm taking CCENT though Cisco's ondemand platform. Trying to finish it before the CCNA Cyber Ops now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSCS, CCNA, Sec+, Net+
    I'm in the March one.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, PRINCE2 F., TOGAF 9.1, S+ (lapsed), MCP, N+, A+
    Quote Originally Posted by ITSECEXP View Post
    Mine is July 6 - October 6, 2018 , Its long wait

Ditto!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    SSCP, CEH, ITIL, VCP, MCSE, MCSA, MCITP
    Quote Originally Posted by d_masis View Post
    i am on the same cohort!
    I am in that cohort also
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member NetworkingStudent's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, and Security+. MTA: OS
    Quote Originally Posted by OctalDump View Post
    From the Cisco forums:

You should visit this website Support Home Page Support Home Page, login using your account information (if you don't have one, create one).Click on *Contact Certification Support* provide your personal info, type your issue then at +Product+ select Cybersecurity Scholarship Program. Typically the support responds within a day.
    Thank you OctalDump, I followed youer advise and it worked.

My class runs the following dates:

June 20, 2017 and the end date is September 20, 2017.

Is there anything I can do in the mean time to train for this course?

Thank you
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member
    I was accepted for the april 2018 group. Sooo far away, I may accidentally forget about it until the time comes. But, I'll just study for my CCNa r&s exam in the meantime
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    C|EH, MCITP, ITIL-F, LSSYB, Sec+,CISSP, Linux+, CCNA, CHFI
    I am in this as well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCITP, MCSA, CCNA, VCA, ACA
    Just a heads up. In order to get the voucher you have to complete the labs as well as getting medals. The videos don't seem required. Do not know how I feel about the material for the exam. I think that people in the later cohorts will have a better pass rate.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA: R&S, eJPT, JNCIS-SEC, Adtran(IPBG & IN), Dell Sonicwall CSSA, Dell Sonicwall Email Security, CompTIA Security+, CompTia Network+
    ITPro.TV released some videos for the exam. I am curious how well their content will match up with the Cisco offering? So far their training seems to cover basic network operation but they are still in the process of releasing material.
    2017 Certification Goals: CISSP [] eCPPT [] OSCP []

Blog: www.networkingfox.net
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member

Certifications
    CVA, CCNA Cyber Ops
    I am in the first cohort and will schedule my exam somewhere in the beginning of February. I was pleasantly surprised by the quantity of the material and the coverage of the topics, but I don't know if these materials are enough for the exam. Some of the questions are confusing, and from the few people who had taken the exam, I've heard that there may be questions not covered in the course. I am curious if there are other people in the first cohort here. Will keep you updated after I take my exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Cyber Ops, MCSA.
    Quote Originally Posted by d_masis View Post
    i am on the same cohort!
    I'm in the March group.
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Canadian Cisco Wannabe

Certifications
    Strata IT Fundamentals, MTA: OS, CompTIA A+
    Kinda funny how they randomly picked people. . Was really hoping to get into this program. :/.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    PMP, A+, Net+, Sec+, Project+, CIW (design, web development), CCENT
    MooseBoost, I'm in the March cohort as well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSCS, CCNA, Sec+, Net+
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafe92014 View Post
    Kinda funny how they randomly picked people. . Was really hoping to get into this program. :/.
    If I were you and I still wanted to get in, I would email them and ask if they would let you in. It's worth a try. Follow OctalDump's instructions above to get onto the Support Page.
    Before I do anything I ask myself, "would an idiot do that?" and if the answer is yes I do not do that thing. Dwight Schrute
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Oh ppt! ba tis non leelas whoknew's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CEH, CCNP R&S, CCNA R&S , CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA Security, VCP6-NV, Security+, Network+, Server+, MCP, MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Hi Everybody,

As I'm in the1st cohort, AND I've sat & passed the 1st exam (SECFND 210-250) I thought that I'd share a little info about what t expect, what to do, etc.

1. Don't try to start early. The 1st course (of 3 required is the Intro to Cybersecurity on the Cisco Networking Academy. However, you MUST enter
    the Net Academy site from the main training site or it won't register in the main training site.

2. The main 2 courses are, in order, the SECFND & the SECOPS. You'll be ported into a training site where there will be 14 or 15 chapters.

3. Each chapter has sub-sections. Each sub-section has a video, text with images & a little qizz-let(1 to 4 questions).

4. Each chapter has a lab & a full quiz at the end of the chapter. You MUST complete all chapter quizzes with a "Bronze" or higher medal AND
    complete all labs to earn that voucher for the free certification exam. You can take the chapter quizzes as man times as you like.

5. Don't waste your time with outside blogs or study threads. That is already set up for you in the main training site. Mentors are involved & assist.

6. There is a weekly, 2 hour, WebEx with your mentors to go over that weeks assigned chapters AND a final review for each cert exam. ATTEND
    THESE MEETINGS...THEY'RE MASSIVELY HELPFUL!!!

7. Lastly, the SECFND exam is 65 questions with a 90 minute time limit and a minimum passing score of 825/1000. All multiple choice and drag 'n
    drop. Questions are ALL from the exam material. No tricks or misleading questions. Some bad wording but overall, VERY straight forward. Hell, I'm
    an idiot and I scored well over 900 in 45 minutes.

Bottom line: do ALL of the course work thoroughly, study what you don't know thoroughly and you'll have enough to pass. Best of luck to everyone.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CSA+, GPEN, CCNA Cyber Ops, Security+, MCP
    Quote Originally Posted by whoknew View Post
    Hi Everybody,

As I'm in the1st cohort, AND I've sat & passed the 1st exam (SECFND 210-250) I thought that I'd share a little info about what t expect, what to do, etc.

1. Don't try to start early. The 1st course (of 3 required is the Intro to Cybersecurity on the Cisco Networking Academy. However, you MUST enter
    the Net Academy site from the main training site or it won't register in the main training site.

2. The main 2 courses are, in order, the SECFND & the SECOPS. You'll be ported into a training site where there will be 14 or 15 chapters.

3. Each chapter has sub-sections. Each sub-section has a video, text with images & a little qizz-let(1 to 4 questions).

4. Each chapter has a lab & a full quiz at the end of the chapter. You MUST complete all chapter quizzes with a "Bronze" or higher medal AND
    complete all labs to earn that voucher for the free certification exam. You can take the chapter quizzes as man times as you like.

5. Don't waste your time with outside blogs or study threads. That is already set up for you in the main training site. Mentors are involved & assist.

6. There is a weekly, 2 hour, WebEx with your mentors to go over that weeks assigned chapters AND a final review for each cert exam. ATTEND

7. Lastly, the SECFND exam is 65 questions with a 90 minute time limit and a minimum passing score of 825/1000. All multiple choice and drag 'n
    drop. Questions are ALL from the exam material. No tricks or misleading questions. Some bad wording but overall, VERY straight forward. Hell, I'm

Bottom line: do ALL of the course work thoroughly, study what you don't know thoroughly and you'll have enough to pass. Best of luck to everyone.
    Congrats on your pass! Thank you for taking the time to follow up in this thread.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Senior Member PocketLumberjack's Avatar

Certifications
    CCENT, CompTIA N+, ITIL Foundation
    Quote Originally Posted by whoknew View Post
    Hi Everybody,

How does the content compare to the CEH?
    2017 Goals:
    (X) CCENT ( ) First 1/2 of CCNA CyberOps ( ) Complete 1/2 of WGU BS CIA
    Not Started| In Progress |Done
    C182 C836 C779 C393 C394 C173 C837 C178 C838 C175 C170 C176 C839 C840 C841 C842 C843 C844 C845 C769
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS in Security Information, Sec+,A+, Server+, Network+, Certified Network Defense Profesional (CNDP), Certified Cybercrime Forensic Investigator
    Congrats on your pass!!
    I'm on the cohort of December. Thanks for sharing!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Junior Member

Certifications
    CVA, CCNA Cyber Ops
    Hey all,

Reporting late due to some busy days of work and study, but as promised, I wanted to share my experience of the SECFND exam, which I thankfully passed!

If you go through the course material and really focus on those topics described in the exam guide, you will have no problem passing it! The questions were a mix of single answer, multiple choice and drag & drop. I was worried hearing about the misleading nature of the questions, but I found the majority very straightforward and to the point. Only a couple were ambiguous, and for those I found it helpful to eliminate the wrong answers and then only had 2 choices to think about. Of course, I don't know what answers I got wrong, but my score was not bad, so I'm happy!

Oh, and I do recommend to be familiar with the features and data formats of the different security devices covered in the course!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Oh ppt! ba tis non leelas whoknew's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CEH, CCNP R&S, CCNA R&S , CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA Security, VCP6-NV, Security+, Network+, Server+, MCP, MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketLumberjack View Post
    How does the content compare to the CEH?
    The CEH has a lot of secondary overlap material with the 210-250 but the CEH is an attacker's exam whereas the 210-250 is a defending exam. Also, as the CCNA Cyber Ops is an entry level cert, the CEH has a much wider scope & depth of coverage AND a minimum experience requirement of 5 years of total security work. We'll see what level of difficulty the next 210-255 exam brings.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Oh ppt! ba tis non leelas whoknew's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by securityorc View Post
    I am in the first cohort and will schedule my exam somewhere in the beginning of February. I was pleasantly surprised by the quantity of the material and the coverage of the topics, but I don't know if these materials are enough for the exam. Some of the questions are confusing, and from the few people who had taken the exam, I've heard that there may be questions not covered in the course. I am curious if there are other people in the first cohort here. Will keep you updated after I take my exam.
    I'm also in the 1st cohort. Sat the 210-250 exam on February 13th & passed (see below). How'd you fare???
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member

Certifications
    SSCP, CEH, ITIL, VCP, MCSE, MCSA, MCITP
    I am on the 3rd Cohort waiting for more info form cisco.
    Anyone starting in March 15th to received email? I read somewhere that we will received notification/email 2 weeks before cohort start.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSCS, CCNA, Sec+, Net+
    Quote Originally Posted by Replicon View Post
    I am on the 3rd Cohort waiting for more info form cisco.
    Anyone starting in March 15th to received email? I read somewhere that we will received notification/email 2 weeks before cohort start.
    I haven't heard anything yet.

Anyone who has already done the class/test, how much Linux do I need to know? I'm in the March cohort. Also, how much time per day did you spend? I know everyone is different, but I'm trying to just get a feel for how much time I'll need to spend on it.
    Before I do anything I ask myself, "would an idiot do that?" and if the answer is yes I do not do that thing. Dwight Schrute
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks