+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 50 First ... 293536373839 4041424349 ... Last
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCITP, MCSA, CCNA, VCA, ACA
    Not much. Its almost like an introduction to the subject (Cyber Ops that is)

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyChick View Post
    I haven't heard anything yet.

Anyone who has already done the class/test, how much Linux do I need to know? I'm in the March cohort. Also, how much time per day did you spend? I know everyone is different, but I'm trying to just get a feel for how much time I'll need to spend on it.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    CVA, CCNA Cyber Ops
    Quote Originally Posted by whoknew View Post
    I'm also in the 1st cohort. Sat the 210-250 exam on February 13th & passed (see below). How'd you fare???

2 posts above you, I passed as well

Onwards to SECOPS now!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MSISA, MBA, RHCE, CCNA:R&S, Security+, CEH, CHFI, G2700
    I passed 210-250....yay! Now onto SECOPS!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Oh ppt! ba tis non leelas whoknew's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CEH, CCNP R&S, CCNA R&S , CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA Security, VCP6-NV, Security+, Network+, Server+, MCP, MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyChick View Post
    I haven't heard anything yet.

Anyone who has already done the class/test, how much Linux do I need to know? I'm in the March cohort. Also, how much time per day did you spend? I know everyone is different, but I'm trying to just get a feel for how much time I'll need to spend on it.
    So here's the Section 9 sub-section topic list on Linux from the training material. Its the longest section in the entire 210-250 course training material. If you know all of these topics down to specific command lines & understanding the Linux OS, it's processes, structures & defaults, then you're golden. If not, just go through all of the training material thoroughly & you'll have what you need.

As far as overall time for each course, I probably spent 6 to 8 hours a week doing the reading, sub-section quizzes, section quizzes & labs. And, as no one ever accused me of being particularly bright, I nonetheless, managed to score a 941 on the SECFND exam by going through the course material carefully & thoroughly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    RHCE
    "9.20 Managing Services in SysV Environments" and no mention of systemd, that's weird these days...
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Oh ppt! ba tis non leelas whoknew's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CEH, CCNP R&S, CCNA R&S , CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA Security, VCP6-NV, Security+, Network+, Server+, MCP, MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Quote Originally Posted by gkca View Post
    "9.20 Managing Services in SysV Environments" and no mention of systemd, that's weird these days...
    Actually the systemd vs init or systemd vs sysvinit coverage is buried within that subsection & other section 9 subsections. In fact, you can count on that general topic being covered in the section 9 sub-section quiz-lets, the main section 9 quiz, the section 9 labs, the exam blueprint and the 210-250 exam. Ssssooooooooo....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    I made the same score as you! 941/1000.

Took me about 23 minutes from start to finish. I used only the cisco scholarship material.

As usual I have this already detailed on my blog here:
    https://virtualizedcomputing.wordpre...d-exam-review/

I plan on making it a habit of reviewing the exams I take for you guys. Because I understand people are concerned and want to prepare adequately for the exams!

Actually the systemd vs init or systemd vs sysvinit coverage is buried within that subsection & other section 9 subsections. In fact, you can count on that general topic being covered in the section 9 sub-section quiz-lets, the main section 9 quiz, the section 9 labs, the exam blueprint and the 210-250 exam. Ssssooooooooo....
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. ABL - Always Be Labbin' Iristheangel's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CCIE DC, CCNP R&S/DC, CCDP, CCNA:RS/S/V/DC, CCDA, BCVRE, BCEFP, BCNE, CEH, CHFI, MCSE:S, MCDST, A/S/L/P/N+, some useless Citrix and CIW certs
    Random question: Is Stealthwatch part of the exam at all? More curious since I work with it every day.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    Bonus TE Fun: Nerd Photos
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    No they mention it as a way to handle Netflow information. For a Cisco exam it is very vendor neutral. Way more subtle about product placement then what I've seen from other Cisco exams

Quote Originally Posted by Iristheangel View Post
    Random question: Is Stealthwatch part of the exam at all? More curious since I work with it every day.

Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Oh ppt! ba tis non leelas whoknew's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoRocket View Post

Took me about 23 minutes from start to finish. I used only the cisco scholarship material.

As usual I have this already detailed on my blog here:
    https://virtualizedcomputing.wordpre...d-exam-review/

I plan on making it a habit of reviewing the exams I take for you guys. Because I understand people are concerned and want to prepare adequately for the exams!
    TacoRocket, you're freakin killin me here brother. How the hell did you even read 65 questions in 23 minutes???
    Quadruple espressos right before the exam??? It took me 45 minutes & I thought that was way too fast.

Of course, there is the alternate explanation that I'm just a plodding, OCD (read 'em all 3X) ridden, idiot savant....sans the savant. That's certainly a popular theory among my colleagues at work.

Did you share the URL for your blog with the CCNA Cyber Ops study group on Facebook? That would be useful in spreading the word as that new-ish FB group already has over 3,000 members.

And, of course, congrats (albeit tinged with some minor grudging) on your road runner (meep-meep) pass.
    Last edited by whoknew; 02-25-2017 at 10:39 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    I have not seen the Facebook group (I think my facebook has been deleted). I actually left from work to the test center. As far as timing goes, I think its me versus the exam. The previous I've taken have fared around the same times (CEH in around 32 minutes, GCIH 53 minutes, and SECFND at 23 minutes).

I don't go over the training material multiple times but I do read other books on computer subjects and that might assist. For example this past week (or two) I bought 3 books from No Starch: Practical Packet Analysis 3rd edition, Black Hat Python, and Penetration Testing.

I might start detailing the books I've read recently, not for bragging but to help disclose that I am heavily engaged in a lot of material that might overlap.

I welcome comments or feedback for improvement. I've recently tried to break away from nothing but progress updates. I started it for me to have public accountability to get my school and certs done. Its done wonders when you cant hide it from people!

TacoRocket, you're freakin killin me here brother. How the hell did you even read 65 questions in 23 minutes???
    Quadruple espressos right before the exam??? It took me 45 minutes & I thought that was way too fast.

Of course, there is the alternate explanation that I'm just a plodding, OCD (read 'em all 3X) ridden, idiot savant....sans the savant. Did you share the URL for your blog with the CCNA Cyber Ops study group on Facebook? That would be useful in spreading the word as that new-ish FB group already has over 3,000 members.

And, of course, congrats (albeit tinged with some minor grudging) on your road runner (meep-meep) pass.

Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member xxxkaliboyxxx's Avatar

Certifications
    GCIH, C|EH, Sec+, eJPT, SCCC
    Just read your review on the blog Taco, good stuff, thank you for that. What is next for you after Cyber Ops?
    Studying: LFCS
    Reading
    : Python Crash Course
    Upcoming Exam: GWAPT

https://realworlditsecurity.wordpress.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS in Security Information, Sec+,A+, Server+, Network+, Certified Network Defense Profesional (CNDP), Certified Cybercrime Forensic Investigator
    Wow more fast than Flash!! hahaha

Very good job!!

Quote Originally Posted by TacoRocket View Post

Took me about 23 minutes from start to finish.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Certifications
    I am doing the SEC511 class at SANS Dallas this week, hope to take the GMON in about a month. Plan on finishing the labs for SECOPS so I can take that exam, and take the ITIL because I've been slacking.

So everything pretty much. ha!

Quote Originally Posted by xxxkaliboyxxx View Post
    Just read your review on the blog Taco, good stuff, thank you for that. What is next for you after Cyber Ops?

Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member

Certifications
    Thank you! Its neat they did this scholarship. One day my dream is for SANS to do something similar. I would cry.

Quote Originally Posted by nisti2 View Post
    Wow more fast than Flash!! hahaha

Very good job!!

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+ and CSA+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL Foundations
    TacoRocket - SANS has done something similar but more focused on veterans and women. Depending on the Academy applied for, they will pay for two or three courses and exams.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Pancakes and Lasagna kurosaki00's Avatar

Certifications
    CCENT, A+, Network+
    Question to the people already taking the course and tests.
    Is this like cisco network academy, pace yourself kind of thing?
    I'm set for June but I think I may be unavailable for a week or two in June...
    So I wonder if that will affect me.
    meh
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member

Certifications
    Ill have to look into it! That sounds awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by stryder144 View Post
    TacoRocket - SANS has done something similar but more focused on veterans and women. Depending on the Academy applied for, they will pay for two or three courses and exams.

Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Senior Member

Certifications
    There is deadlines but you go at your own pace. You don't need to go to weekly meetings. You need to answer the questions on each page and section assessments. Then you have to attempt the labs. Once you do this, you have to call Cisco support. They will issue the voucher.

Quote Originally Posted by kurosaki00 View Post
    Question to the people already taking the course and tests.
    Is this like cisco network academy, pace yourself kind of thing?
    I'm set for June but I think I may be unavailable for a week or two in June...
    So I wonder if that will affect me.

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+ Net+ Sec+, Project+,Linux+, CCNA R/S, CCNA Security and bunch of useless certs from WGU program
    Nice to read about so many people passing! Great job everyone! My start date isn't until July 2018 so plenty of time to brush up on my Linux.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Senior Member

Certifications
    You will probably barely need it. Good to learn though.

Quote Originally Posted by noahp34 View Post
    Nice to read about so many people passing! Great job everyone! My start date isn't until July 2018 so plenty of time to brush up on my Linux.

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    C|EH, MCITP, ITIL-F, LSSYB, Sec+,CISSP, Linux+, CCNA, CHFI
    Has anyone from the March cohort been contacted yet? I was hoping to have my login information already.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    C|EH, MCITP, ITIL-F, LSSYB, Sec+,CISSP, Linux+, CCNA, CHFI
    Quote Originally Posted by devilbones View Post
    Has anyone from the March cohort been contacted yet? I was hoping to have my login information already.
    Just found my answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by CISCO
    We will inform you should there be a shift in your start date. In addition, we will be in contact with you one week prior to your start date to provide you with an information packet about getting started.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member

Certifications
    Alphabet-soup
    March Cohort, I was contacted today with an email stating it's still on for the 15th, next email will be on the 14th with the welcome letter, class access on the 15th.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSCS, CCNA, Sec+, Net+
    I just got my email today with a start date of March 15!
    Before I do anything I ask myself, "would an idiot do that?" and if the answer is yes I do not do that thing. Dwight Schrute
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks