+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 50 First 1234 567814 ... Last

Certifications
    CCNA, Sec+, Net+, A+, MCP, CIW
    whilst we all await the anticipated response, here is a link to some pretty cool TED talks that can hold us over in the meantime.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/bl...-eyes-and-mind
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CSA+, GPEN, CCNA Cyber Ops, Security+, MCP
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeret View Post
    To be fair all you've done at this point is given your email address to Cisco and said you were interested in the program. As far as I know no one has been given the chance to officially apply, much less been accepted. If people have changed their lives or plans for something that they haven't even officially applied for yet than that's just poor planning on their part.

Also, 10,000 people are going to be accepted over the course of TWO YEARS for the three month program. Don't make plans for anything until you have a start date in hand.
    We aren't owed anything. I think folks are just expecting Cisco to honor the timeline they committed to. For folks without a training budget, this is a big boost to start their careers. Not everyone gets to go to SANS class every year. For those of us who have been at this for a while, this falls into the "nice to have" bucket.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, MCSA
    I received an email from Cisco today.

"We’re excited by a fantastic response to the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship program from thousands of individuals like you. Responses have come from more than 126 countries so far. Together, we can protect the world from cybercriminals.

Before you are invited in mid-August to complete an assessment for entry into the scholarship program, we want to remind you why this program is so important. Actually, we have 10 reminders, part of a series of riveting cybersecurity TED Talks that we present to you as part of our “Talking Tech with Cisco” blog. We encourage you to watch all 10 TED Talk videos; they are relatively short and do a great job at revealing the formidable challenges we face on the cyber-threat landscape. You will walk away further convinced that you have chosen a field that greatly needs and values your skill and dedication.

As you look forward to the start of the program, we want to reinforce that it is a serious commitment: a total of 90 hours in three months. But when you complete this program, you will have achieved the respected CCNA Cyber Ops Certification. For now, set your sights on the assessment of your qualifications in mid-August. The assessment will cover questions to verify your basic technical competency as discussed in our scholarship selection criteria. We’ll keep you posted on next steps.

Thank you again for your interest in the scholarship program. We look forward to helping you build highly rewarding career opportunities in cybersecurity"
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Security+, ACMT, CASP, CEH, CCNA R&S, A.S. & B.S. Cyber Security Systems/Digital Forensics, M.S. Cyber Security
    Hmm, I didn't get that email...I just signed up again, because I may have signed up before I attained my CCNA.
    Last edited by danny069; 08-25-2016 at 11:01 PM.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member
    Go to twitter and look for @LearningatCisco. People should start to hear something by 25 Aug.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    Looks like the "Thanks, but no thanks" email will start on Monday.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    @danny, I got that same mentioned email this morning, too. I only have my CCENT at this time. Not sure if that was the case for you?

I also answered No to the Cisco Academy certificate question. I really didn't want to, but I hope that doesn't weight too heavily on being selected or not...

I'm wondering if it's like pulling names from a hat or if they are hand selecting or perhaps a combination of both.

Why does this feel like the Hunger Games all of a sudden lol?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S
    I only received the email,no assessment
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Security+, ACMT, CASP, CEH, CCNA R&S, A.S. & B.S. Cyber Security Systems/Digital Forensics, M.S. Cyber Security
    Cmztech, when I applied for the scholarship, I didn't have a CCENT, I took the full CCNA exam after I applied, so I applied again. I am a NetAcad student also from when I took two courses enrolled at my university. I figured I should apply again because what's the worst that can happen? I'm sure they have your name listed if you've ever done NetAcad. You should answer all the questions honestly because we don't really know what they are looking for, perhaps a mix of different disciplines, know what I mean?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. 1101010111100110

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Security
    Quote Originally Posted by cmztech View Post
    @danny, I got that same mentioned email this morning, too. I only have my CCENT at this time. Not sure if that was the case for you?

I also answered No to the Cisco Academy certificate question. I really didn't want to, but I hope that doesn't weight too heavily on being selected or not...

I'm wondering if it's like pulling names from a hat or if they are hand selecting or perhaps a combination of both.

Why does this feel like the Hunger Games all of a sudden lol?
    you got the email with the assessment link or what?

could you copy-paste it, leaving out the private details of course.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. 1101010111100110

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Security
    this is from their twitter account, few hours ago:

Thank you so much for your interest in the Global Cybersecurity Scholarship program. Beginning this Friday, August 26th and throughout the rest of September, qualified candidates will receive an email, allowing them to access an assessment portal. Please note that because of the significant number of applicants, placement of successful candidates into their cybersecurity coursework will occur on a first come – first served basis, so we encourage candidates to take the assessment as soon as they receive the notification email.

Please note also that because of the large candidate pool, it might take a few days following the assessment for candidates to receive their assessment results and directions for next steps.

Lastly, candidates who did not meet initial qualifications for receiving an assessment will be notified of their status starting Monday, Aug 29th.
    I also wanted to point out that CompTIA is also going to start a new certification equal to cisco's CCNA Cyber Ops:
    https://certification.comptia.org/ce...curity-analyst

just no free training/scholarship
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSc, MSc, CCNA, eJPT, AcessData ACE, Palo Alto ACE
    No mail until today. Anybody got an answer?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. 1101010111100110

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Security
    nop, still waiting
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    Good luck to everyone tomorrow. May the odds be ever in your favor...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP R&S
    still got no mail
    CCNP R&S | Planning to hit IE R&S or JNCIA or Security path|
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSc, MSc, CCNA, eJPT, AcessData ACE, Palo Alto ACE
    I think its a bit difficult to be accepted, at least if you have just one cert or just cnap. Probably if you are an ex-military etc you have better chances, although some said that if you posses one of the requirements you will be accepted. Lets hope for the best and may the odds be with us. In case there is anything new from my side I will inform you.
    Last edited by techsecurity; 08-29-2016 at 04:42 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. 1101010111100110

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Security
    I suppose now since 29th august is over (depending on where you are in the world), those who didnt get a rejection email are considered accepted, i hope.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Junior Member
    As a Cisco Partner involved in their certification process for the loads of security products and exams to get partners certified as a fire jumper requirement for those of us who are not master partners, but strong cyber security client bases I can say they have had a ton of work and investments going into the security side of their business and really went all in on 1/2 infosec and 1/2 aci/sdn/sddc for the future of cisco and they really did on the security side more so then I've seen as the partner relations manager from early 2000's and the responses look like a bit of delay tactics which is expected as the learning network was down for maintenance this weekend, they recently just migrated all the partner training and exams from the partner learning network and all around have been having a bit of delays given all the M&A they've done. I applied for this to see and assume they'd give a bit of partner preference to the program giving they only sell through the channel i.e. partners and I've been selected as 1 of 2 companies to test their SMB specialization back in 05 for IL and for some of security training in their regional offices directly with their CSE's which they never have done before with the GSSO, but given the M&A and movement of the partner learning systems which will likely take precedence as partners can't sell what they are not qualified on and from what I can tell they're lacking in partners able to keep up with all of the crap as they can't put it out as fast as they're acquiring it...

I'd give it a few days as all I received is the same thing everyone else has thus far. Unless anyone has actually received the assessment and others start receiving it on here I'd be surprised if they aren't releasing them in phases to see how well people are scoring to benchmark an acceptable score to get an estimate of what score to consider for acceptance based on the funds they actually want to put towards the program.s. I further wouldn't doubt if some are released in phases and that the extremely under qualified would get denied out the gates, but the basic questions asked were very little to determine who should qualify and likely a bit of strategic investment is being done with the "give away" i.e. tax right off... Meaning using your certification ID attached to your e-mail and a bit of algo use to rate you by location, partner association, etc... This way they can at least hope that some of those whom pass might fill the gaps for partners that sell their gear over another vendor in a high demand area, but lack the candidates to hire in the areas. Not to mention this certification can help some partners focused on security access contractors and bump their partner level up and be able to offer what they want to start pushing early next year further as if the exam is anything like it was before they acquire the same net flow company the exam was on then, then this will fit nicely into their bigger plan which would be rather organized thinking for Cisco and partner programs in general, but they have surprised me since they made this announcement to partners and actually followed through on the investment into the partners on security like giving all SE's new ASA's and for each training and exam passed online in the 5 foundational areas now they get like 500$ after level 4 and 250 after level 2 (just exam and 8hr+ of edu vs. whiteboard and pov/poc). Plus I'm sure 100's signed up multiple times given the lack of confirmation and they probably don't have the assessment done yet or maybe just have finished it, but knowing the old PeC and the likeliness this will run on the same system we get access to new HW releases, labs for CCIE training, sales training and everything else they've been considering again to my surprise rather well given the hordes of data they have compared to all other partners except Microsoft (but a software company so a bit better at it) Cisco has/was behind the curve in 14' still and now is on par and getting ahead of the rest. EMC/RSA soon Dell mixed in should be interesting, but I doubt they are overwhelmed with applicants vs. just overwhelmed as the Government's program to find 10k people is still going on yearly and was only intended for 2-3 years and its the same fukkers every year of which they start offering last minute cyber camp acceptances giving people a week notice and I could tell the year I went.

If people want to just post if they got their assessment that will likely be enough to tell how they move with this and I doubt anyone is going to send the link to it as they have a very simple tracking in the URL to your account used for surveys and that I can send to staff if I want to schedule them for their exams or requirements if any, so probably don't want to open it or try 2 accounts and all teh BS people do as its easy t see generally speaking unless you are great with websec. If people want to join as a partner to my program whom have a cisco certified ID for any active certification pm me and i'll add you and give access to the training and study materials for partners, just requires a certification with the vendor and if you're qualified as I get to know you or your certifications increase I'll gladly consider offering contracting on projects at the appropriate level or for those with their own clients in their area, you can access our distributor pricing discounts and use it to buy/sell hardware and earn your own rewards as well. I have just about every vendor you can imagine and a partnership with them on various levels that if you have a std certification with the vendor and want access to their free/partner training provided I can separate access from you being able to drain the accounts with a crazy PO I don't mind adding you as an associate that'll give you access to their vlabs and benefits which full disclosure may or may not offer a partner bump if sales are met to the next level and increased benefits, which I'll gladly share and pass on the discounts, business, conference passes, etc to those with businesses in their region as Chicago suburbs is plenty for me. Partner discounted in lab purchases unlikely this would be shared as it is limited and I learned my lesson being responsible for anyone else via my signature as the lab discounted in-house use gear can't be resold or it requires full repayment, but I would be more then happy to share the lab we have 20 vendors security products now in and grant access for learning and locals the ability to come and play or present design requirements for their study needs and accommodate the design (you may need to add your own storage/UCS/blade but infrastructure is here with VMware vcloud and all MS software, ideally I'd love to have other consultants join in and do a group buying to have an extra edge w/ gold tier discounts to offer our own clients and list ourselves as conglomerates with national coverage opening more deals for everyone and the benefit of knowing hey my buddy's team in WI or VA etc specializes on this and I'll send it to them or see if they want to assist on the project if needed along with mentor new comers to the industry learning in a real world lab vs. all linux tools on linux VM's never attacking enterprise gear which is what the enterprise uses!! PM me if you want to add ur account or discuss further and I'll send our partner ID for you to associate with and review your credentials, Cisco first, but really pick a vendor any vendor we should have it Good luck if i hear more on program ill update you after i search it out a bit more or calll partner support to see what te deal is as they'll likely call anyway to verify users can or have time allocated for it
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    @danny for sure, honesty is the best policy. I was just jokingly saying how it hurt not to be able to say yes to everything under the pretense that they are probably hand selecting individuals. In which case, would make me and my lil 'ol CCENT (soon CCNA) be the bottom of the barrel. (but who knows!) well back to studying!

@Abdullah, no I did not receive an assessment link, yet. The email I was referring to seeing was the exact same one mentioned by @MrNetwork, is all. GL
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Senior Member scaredoftests's Avatar

Certifications
    ACAS,Comp TIA Security +, Novell CNE, HDI Customer Service, ITIL Foundation, MTA
    I haven't heard anything yet
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by cmztech View Post
    @danny for sure, honesty is the best policy. I was just jokingly saying how it hurt not to be able to say yes to everything under the pretense that they are probably hand selecting individuals. In which case, would make me and my lil 'ol CCENT (soon CCNA) be the bottom of the barrel. (but who knows!) well back to studying!
    Oh yeah for sure I know you were jokingly saying it, it hurt me too not to put CCNA certified at that time too, but like I said who knows what they are looking for. Good luck on studying.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    C|EH, MCITP, ITIL-F, LSSYB, Sec+,CISSP, Linux+, CCNA, CHFI
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBgurus View Post
    As a Cisco Partner involved in their certification process for the loads of security products and exams to get partners certified as a fire jumper requirement for those of us who are not master partners, but strong cyber security client bases I can say they have had a ton of work and investments going into the security side of their business and really went all in on 1/2 infosec and 1/2 aci/sdn/sddc for the future of cisco and they really did on the security side more so then I've seen as the partner relations manager from early 2000's and the responses look like a bit of delay tactics which is expected as the learning network was down for maintenance this weekend, they recently just migrated all the partner training and exams from the partner learning network and all around have been having a bit of delays given all the M&A they've done. I applied for this to see and assume they'd give a bit of partner preference to the program giving they only sell through the channel i.e. partners and I've been selected as 1 of 2 companies to test their SMB specialization back in 05 for IL and for some of security training in their regional offices directly with their CSE's which they never have done before with the GSSO, but given the M&A and movement of the partner learning systems which will likely take precedence as partners can't sell what they are not qualified on and from what I can tell they're lacking in partners able to keep up with all of the crap as they can't put it out as fast as they're acquiring it...

I'd give it a few days as all I received is the same thing everyone else has thus far. Unless anyone has actually received the assessment and others start receiving it on here I'd be surprised if they aren't releasing them in phases to see how well people are scoring to benchmark an acceptable score to get an estimate of what score to consider for acceptance based on the funds they actually want to put towards the program.s. I further wouldn't doubt if some are released in phases and that the extremely under qualified would get denied out the gates, but the basic questions asked were very little to determine who should qualify and likely a bit of strategic investment is being done with the "give away" i.e. tax right off... Meaning using your certification ID attached to your e-mail and a bit of algo use to rate you by location, partner association, etc... This way they can at least hope that some of those whom pass might fill the gaps for partners that sell their gear over another vendor in a high demand area, but lack the candidates to hire in the areas. Not to mention this certification can help some partners focused on security access contractors and bump their partner level up and be able to offer what they want to start pushing early next year further as if the exam is anything like it was before they acquire the same net flow company the exam was on then, then this will fit nicely into their bigger plan which would be rather organized thinking for Cisco and partner programs in general, but they have surprised me since they made this announcement to partners and actually followed through on the investment into the partners on security like giving all SE's new ASA's and for each training and exam passed online in the 5 foundational areas now they get like 500$ after level 4 and 250 after level 2 (just exam and 8hr+ of edu vs. whiteboard and pov/poc). Plus I'm sure 100's signed up multiple times given the lack of confirmation and they probably don't have the assessment done yet or maybe just have finished it, but knowing the old PeC and the likeliness this will run on the same system we get access to new HW releases, labs for CCIE training, sales training and everything else they've been considering again to my surprise rather well given the hordes of data they have compared to all other partners except Microsoft (but a software company so a bit better at it) Cisco has/was behind the curve in 14' still and now is on par and getting ahead of the rest. EMC/RSA soon Dell mixed in should be interesting, but I doubt they are overwhelmed with applicants vs. just overwhelmed as the Government's program to find 10k people is still going on yearly and was only intended for 2-3 years and its the same fukkers every year of which they start offering last minute cyber camp acceptances giving people a week notice and I could tell the year I went.

If people want to just post if they got their assessment that will likely be enough to tell how they move with this and I doubt anyone is going to send the link to it as they have a very simple tracking in the URL to your account used for surveys and that I can send to staff if I want to schedule them for their exams or requirements if any, so probably don't want to open it or try 2 accounts and all teh BS people do as its easy t see generally speaking unless you are great with websec. If people want to join as a partner to my program whom have a cisco certified ID for any active certification pm me and i'll add you and give access to the training and study materials for partners, just requires a certification with the vendor and if you're qualified as I get to know you or your certifications increase I'll gladly consider offering contracting on projects at the appropriate level or for those with their own clients in their area, you can access our distributor pricing discounts and use it to buy/sell hardware and earn your own rewards as well. I have just about every vendor you can imagine and a partnership with them on various levels that if you have a std certification with the vendor and want access to their free/partner training provided I can separate access from you being able to drain the accounts with a crazy PO I don't mind adding you as an associate that'll give you access to their vlabs and benefits which full disclosure may or may not offer a partner bump if sales are met to the next level and increased benefits, which I'll gladly share and pass on the discounts, business, conference passes, etc to those with businesses in their region as Chicago suburbs is plenty for me. Partner discounted in lab purchases unlikely this would be shared as it is limited and I learned my lesson being responsible for anyone else via my signature as the lab discounted in-house use gear can't be resold or it requires full repayment, but I would be more then happy to share the lab we have 20 vendors security products now in and grant access for learning and locals the ability to come and play or present design requirements for their study needs and accommodate the design (you may need to add your own storage/UCS/blade but infrastructure is here with VMware vcloud and all MS software, ideally I'd love to have other consultants join in and do a group buying to have an extra edge w/ gold tier discounts to offer our own clients and list ourselves as conglomerates with national coverage opening more deals for everyone and the benefit of knowing hey my buddy's team in WI or VA etc specializes on this and I'll send it to them or see if they want to assist on the project if needed along with mentor new comers to the industry learning in a real world lab vs. all linux tools on linux VM's never attacking enterprise gear which is what the enterprise uses!! PM me if you want to add ur account or discuss further and I'll send our partner ID for you to associate with and review your credentials, Cisco first, but really pick a vendor any vendor we should have it Good luck if i hear more on program ill update you after i search it out a bit more or calll partner support to see what te deal is as they'll likely call anyway to verify users can or have time allocated for it
    Quoting the longest 3 run on sentences I have ever seen in my life.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by devilbones View Post
    Quoting the longest 3 run on sentences I have ever seen in my life.
    Thanks. Now I have to get all the coffee off this screen.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Whoa! There were no periods in there at all, okay maybe 3 or 4 I'm exaggerating.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GCFE, GCED, GCIH, CISSP, CCSP, and others that should never be mentioned
    Here you go:

16 periods (includes stuff like "program.s.")
    1 colorful language
    2 "the" misspellings

Total word count : 742
    Number of different words : 454
    Complexity factor (Lexical Density) : 61.2%
    Readability (Gunning-Fog Index) : (6-easy 20-hard) 27
    Total number of characters : 7729
    Number of characters without spaces : 4465
    Average Syllables per Word : 1.57
    Sentence count : 23
    Average sentence length (words) : 62.87
    Max sentence length (words) : 202 ( THAT IS LOOONG!!!)
    Frequency and top words :

Top Word Occurrences
    partner 15
    you 15
    partners 11
    want 9
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 50 First 1234 567814 ... Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks