+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 52 First ... 303637383940 4142434450 ... Last
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1298
  1. Senior Member stryder144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,281

    Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+ and CSA+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL Foundations
    #976
    I, too, received that email. Can't wait to start. Just fourteen days to go.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

    Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Member cmztech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    54

    Certifications
    CCNA, Sec+, Net+, A+, MCP, CIW
    #977
    I'm slotted for the March 15th start, also. I got my email today letting me know (2 weeks notice) that it begins March 15th. ^.^

    I just started a new term at WGU, also, today. Now I have four WGU classes and the Cisco Cyber cert to tackle all at once. Anyone have a limitless pill to spare?

    In all seriousness, I am reading through the CCNA Security book right now. Any idea how related comparable this material in the CCNA Sec is to the CCNA Cyber cert?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Pancakes and Lasagna kurosaki00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943

    Certifications
    CCENT, A+, Network+
    #978
    Quote Originally Posted by cmztech View Post
    In all seriousness, I am reading through the CCNA Security book right now. Any idea how related comparable this material in the CCNA Sec is to the CCNA Cyber cert?
    More info:
    ccna-security-vs-ccna-cyber-ops
    Last edited by kurosaki00; 03-02-2017 at 04:47 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Oh ppt! ba tis non leelas whoknew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    49

    Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CEH, CCNP R&S, CCNA R&S , CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA Security, VCP6-NV, Security+, Network+, Server+, MCP, MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    #979
    NOTICE FOR 2nd/3rd COHORT STUDENTS:

    During our weekly Cyber Ops webex this past Thursday with our mentors, they mentioned that MANY people who were admitted to the 1st cohort never even bothered to register or log into the training web portal. As a result, Cisco will be cracking down on the 2nd & 3rd cohorts. So, hypothetically, if one does not register, log in & start completing exercises within 2 weeks after the cohort begins, that individual's spot will be given to another student from the next cohort.

    So for 2nd cohort students, stay on top of your e-mail & register/start completing sections ASAP. For 3rd cohort students, stay alert for Cisco e-mails. You MAY be bumped into the 2nd cohort before the end of March. And, of course, good luck to all who are about to start that 2nd cohort. My advice, a la Nike:

    JUST DO IT!!!
    Last edited by whoknew; 03-04-2017 at 05:18 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member coffeeluvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    669

    Certifications
    MSISA, MBA, RHCE, CCNA:R&S, Security+, CEH, CHFI, G2700
    #980
    I attended the WebEx Thursday night too. I was surprised when they mentioned some students never bothered to register or log into the training web portal.
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Oh ppt! ba tis non leelas whoknew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    49

    Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CEH, CCNP R&S, CCNA R&S , CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA Security, VCP6-NV, Security+, Network+, Server+, MCP, MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    #981
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeeluvr View Post
    I attended the WebEx Thursday night too. I was surprised when they mentioned some students never bothered to register or log into the training web portal.
    Nearly fell outta my chair. Do you have a 210-255 exam D-Day scheduled yet? I'm thinking April 7th or 8th.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member alias454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    609

    Certifications
    BSIT, A+, eJPT, GSEC, VCP5-DCV
    #982
    Quote Originally Posted by whoknew View Post
    NOTICE FOR 2nd/3rd COHORT STUDENTS:

    During our weekly Cyber Ops webex this past Thursday with our mentors, they mentioned that MANY people who were admitted to the 1st cohort never even bothered to register or log into the training web portal. As a result, Cisco will be cracking down on the 2nd & 3rd cohorts. So, hypothetically, if one does not register, log in & start completing exercises within 2 weeks after the cohort begins, that individual's spot will be given to another student from the next cohort.

    So for 2nd cohort students, stay on top of your e-mail & register/start completing sections ASAP. For 3rd cohort students, stay alert for Cisco e-mails. You MAY be bumped into the 2nd cohort before the end of March. And, of course, good luck to all who are about to start that 2nd cohort. My advice, a la Nike:

    JUST DO IT!!!
    Hopefully this will bump me up from the 2018 cohort at some point.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Senior Member coffeeluvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    669

    Certifications
    MSISA, MBA, RHCE, CCNA:R&S, Security+, CEH, CHFI, G2700
    #983
    Quote Originally Posted by whoknew View Post
    Nearly fell outta my chair. Do you have a 210-255 exam D-Day scheduled yet? I'm thinking April 7th or 8th.

    I am hoping for April 8th or 15th.
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Member fredlwal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    38

    Certifications
    B.S. in Computer Information Systems from The University of Akron, MCSE, Network +, A+
    #984
    So has anyone in this form already started the classes? Also how are you breaking down your hours for study time and fun time with family?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    485

    Certifications
    MCITP, MCSA, CCNA, VCA, ACA
    #985
    Honestly studying isnt hard. They want you to answer the questions at the bottom of each page and initialize the labs for each section.

    I was worried at first about outside material but once I did the course and took the exam, I can tell you that you will be ok.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

    Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12

    Certifications
    CISSP, GPEN, GCIH, GCIA, GCED, ISO2700, CCNA, Sec+, Net+, A+, Linux+, CHFI, CEH, MCITP
    #986
    I'm in the March group. Get to overlap with my GCIA. This could be trouble....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    295

    Certifications
    CISSP, GCED, SSCP, CCNA R/S & Security, CSA+, Network+
    #987
    Just noticed my email saying I'm in the June (6/20) cohort. Nice!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    69

    Certifications
    ECSA, CEH, CHFI, Comptia Linux+, ITIL v3, MCSA: Windows 10, MCSA: Windows 8.1, VCA-DCV, Comptia A+
    #988
    Same Boat. My approximate starting date is June 20 and the end date is September 20.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamthat View Post
    Just noticed my email saying I'm in the June (6/20) cohort. Nice!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Pancakes and Lasagna kurosaki00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943

    Certifications
    CCENT, A+, Network+
    #989
    Im up for June too. Would be nice if I could get into the April group.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Senior Member Mooseboost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    638

    Certifications
    CCNA: R&S, eJPT, JNCIS-SEC, Adtran(IPBG & IN), Dell Sonicwall CSSA, Dell Sonicwall Email Security, CompTIA Security+, CompTia Network+
    #990
    Quote Originally Posted by whoknew View Post
    NOTICE FOR 2nd/3rd COHORT STUDENTS:

    During our weekly Cyber Ops webex this past Thursday with our mentors, they mentioned that MANY people who were admitted to the 1st cohort never even bothered to register or log into the training web portal. As a result, Cisco will be cracking down on the 2nd & 3rd cohorts.
    To be fair though the fault does lie with Cisco, at least partially. The communication breakdown that occurred getting everything together discouraged a fair amount of people who quit looking for the emails.
    2017 Certification Goals: CISSP [] eCPPT [] OSCP []

    Blog: www.networkingfox.net
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. Member techsecurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    secland
    Posts
    34

    Certifications
    BSc, MSc, CCNA, eJPT, AcessData ACE, Palo Alto ACE
    #991
    I am for June too. Probably there will be a few new spots for the March one.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    223

    Certifications
    RHCE
    #992
    I am for June as well.
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  19. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    485

    Certifications
    MCITP, MCSA, CCNA, VCA, ACA
    #993
    So I wanted to report back to people. I failed the second exam. I don't believe it to be a skill issue but I didn't seem to understand what the SECOPS was getting at. The entire exam I was perplexed by most of it. I failed with a 792 when I needed an 825. Don't think I will be retaking because I don't like the study material and will probably wait for the actual books to come out. The study method I use for other exams is solid so I don't expect to be disappointed. They will probably allow a retake under the scholarship, I don't feel like I want to do it right now.

    Good luck to those taking the SECOPS. I don't think it is difficult so don't take my words as doom. I really don't see where the exam is for some of us. I brought up these concerns at SECFND because they are not certifying for a technology but for a job. I will be putting my thought together and see what else I can think. Really think Cisco should have waited at the minimum for the Cisco Press books to be released. Happy Monday!
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

    Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  20. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    133
    #994
    Sorry to hear on the fail. I'd be interested to know whether the scholarship program will allow any free retakes.

    On another topic, I'm also curious if anyone up to this point has been offered an earlier spot than they first received.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  21. Senior Member GeekyChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    261

    Certifications
    BSCS, CCNA, Sec+, Net+
    #995
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoRocket View Post
    So I wanted to report back to people. I failed the second exam. I don't believe it to be a skill issue but I didn't seem to understand what the SECOPS was getting at. The entire exam I was perplexed by most of it. I failed with a 792 when I needed an 825. Don't think I will be retaking because I don't like the study material and will probably wait for the actual books to come out. The study method I use for other exams is solid so I don't expect to be disappointed. They will probably allow a retake under the scholarship, I don't feel like I want to do it right now.

    Good luck to those taking the SECOPS. I don't think it is difficult so don't take my words as doom. I really don't see where the exam is for some of us. I brought up these concerns at SECFND because they are not certifying for a technology but for a job. I will be putting my thought together and see what else I can think. Really think Cisco should have waited at the minimum for the Cisco Press books to be released. Happy Monday!
    Sorry to hear about the SECOPS test. Was the score out of 1000 or 900? I'm assuming 1000 because that would be 82% you need to score to pass.I guess that's why they are testing this out on us before they release it to everyone, to find out what is wrong with it. They may have to tweak the test if it's not clear what they are getting at.

    I agree it would be nice to have the books to study. It looks like the release of the books is now pushed to April 24. Does anyone know if the books will be included in our scholarship? If not, I may just go ahead and preorder them.
    Before I do anything I ask myself, "would an idiot do that?" and if the answer is yes I do not do that thing. Dwight Schrute
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  22. Senior Member stryder144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,281

    Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+ and CSA+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL Foundations
    #996
    Sorry to hear about the failure. A lot of things centering on this certification have been handled rather poorly, so I am not surprised to read your description of the materials and test. Sounds like they have a lot of room for growth.

    What I have read, on the Facebook page for the Cyber Ops certification, is that if you score between 800 and 824 you just need to contact the help desk and they will work on getting a second exam voucher. Since I haven't started the program, I cannot confirm that they will provide the second voucher or not. Might be worth contacting the help desk and finding out directly from them.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

    Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  23. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    485

    Certifications
    MCITP, MCSA, CCNA, VCA, ACA
    #997
    I might reach out to them. I'm more pressed for time at the moment and frustrated with the materials since it is not how I usually study. I don't get that "I'm prepared" feeling.

    Quote Originally Posted by stryder144 View Post
    Sorry to hear about the failure. A lot of things centering on this certification have been handled rather poorly, so I am not surprised to read your description of the materials and test. Sounds like they have a lot of room for growth.

    What I have read, on the Facebook page for the Cyber Ops certification, is that if you score between 800 and 824 you just need to contact the help desk and they will work on getting a second exam voucher. Since I haven't started the program, I cannot confirm that they will provide the second voucher or not. Might be worth contacting the help desk and finding out directly from them.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

    Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  24. Senior Member stryder144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,281

    Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+ and CSA+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL Foundations
    #998
    @TacoRocket...I can definitely understand the materials leaving you in a non-prepared state. With the time limits that Cisco puts on the certification process, plus materials that seem universally "half-baked", and the fact that we have lives to live, I am not surprised that you are frustrated. I would be too.

    Time will tell how long it will take for Cisco to get their act together.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

    Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  25. Senior Member adam220891's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    141

    Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, Project+, Linux+, CCNA: Sec, CCNA: R&S, CCDA, CCNP: R&S
    #999
    So, I'm in the March 15th cohort which started today. Questions for anyone that can help....

    -I am able to access the course through NetAcad, but not the other Website. When I access that one, it tells me the course is unavailable. Anyone else having this issue?
    -I see PDF labs during the chapters. Are these required to be complete? I went through them but am unable to fill the forms in and do not see a way of 'submitting.'

    Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  26. Senior Member xxxkaliboyxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    423

    Certifications
    GCIH, C|EH, Sec+, eJPT, SCCC
    #1000
    Quote Originally Posted by adam220891 View Post
    So, I'm in the March 15th cohort which started today. Questions for anyone that can help....

    -I am able to access the course through NetAcad, but not the other Website. When I access that one, it tells me the course is unavailable. Anyone else having this issue?
    -I see PDF labs during the chapters. Are these required to be complete? I went through them but am unable to fill the forms in and do not see a way of 'submitting.'

    Thanks!
    please read the instructions, you must pass the intro to cyber security in netcad before you are able to take secdef and cyber ops.
    Studying: LFCS
    Reading
    : Python Crash Course
    Upcoming Exam: GWAPT

    https://realworlditsecurity.wordpress.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks