+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 54 First ... 354142434445 46474849 ... Last
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1338

Certifications
    C|EH, MCITP, ITIL-F, LSSYB, Sec+,CISSP, Linux+, CCNA, CHFI
    Quote Originally Posted by whoknew View Post
    No, I don't. Our mentors when nuts over the gap between the on-line training material & the exam content & told us to focus our attention on that "GAP COVERAGE DOCUMENT" they created. That doc (which is just an exam blueprint with examples & external references) was my primary study guide.

I took the end of section quizzes & the sub-section quiz-lets until I was perfect but I never created an all in 1 PDF. Can't stress how important the web tutorial on regular expressions & the 2 NIST docs factor into the exam. Ya gotta study & know those resources thoroughly to perform well on the SECOPS exam.
    I will look for that one. Thanks. I really liked the last one you created and the method to use it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, Project+, Linux+, CCNA: Sec, CCNA: R&S, CCDA, CCNP: R&S
    I took the SECFND today and passed easily. I honestly wish I took it a few weeks ago. I made a 700 mile move and started a new job, so it slowed down my progress a bit. I now have basically a month to get the material covered and due the labs/quizzes in order to request a voucher (which is good for 60 days thankfully...since there's little chance I'll be read to take it by June 15th).

I honestly found the test pretty simple. I have taken the Sec+ and old CCNA: Security as well as have taken a couple Linux classes and most importantly, have used all of this stuff on the job the past few years. I'm sure the next exam is harder, but right now I'm just not sure who this cert is aimed at. I am believing there is a trend to groom people directly into security and the content would back that up. I would say you should get exposure to some other areas of technology before getting into security (and as a result, you'd have known most of the 210-250 topics) but I guess the demand for specialized analysts is driving this change.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    C|EH, MCITP, ITIL-F, LSSYB, Sec+,CISSP, Linux+, CCNA, CHFI
    No, I don't. Our mentors when nuts over the gap between the on-line training material & the exam content & told us to focus our attention on that "GAP COVERAGE DOCUMENT" they created. That doc (which is just an exam blueprint with examples & external references) was my primary study guide.

I took the end of section quizzes & the sub-section quiz-lets until I was perfect but I never created an all in 1 PDF. Can't stress how important the web tutorial on regular expressions & the 2 NIST docs factor into the exam. Ya gotta study & know those resources thoroughly to perform well on the SECOPS exam.
    I am going to schedule the SECOPS soon. Where is the GAP COVERAGE Document?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CSA+, GPEN, CCNA Cyber Ops, Security+, MCP
    Quote Originally Posted by adam220891 View Post
    I took the SECFND today and passed easily. I honestly wish I took it a few weeks ago.
    +1 took it today and wished I would not have waited. I was thinking I'd be right at passing going in but scored a 965.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+ and CSA+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL Foundations
    I need to finish the labs and get the SECFND knocked out.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    A+ CE, Security+ CE, GSEC, GCIH
    I'm behind on this course, much more than I'd like to be. Found out last minute that I'll be going to Palo Alto's Ignite thing next month and that I'll be taking their PCNSE certification while there, so I've been trying to juggle that material, my SANS GCIH material, and this course, while also trying to buy a house. Bad idea! I'm having to sideline the eCPPT course completely for now.

I'll be using this weekend trying to catch up on a lot of material. At least with the SECFND course, a lot of the material is similar to what I covered with Sec+ and GSEC. It makes me think I shouldn't have too much trouble with the SECFND exam once I finish the material, but I could be way off.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+ and CSA+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL Foundations
    Quote Originally Posted by globalenjoi View Post
    I'm behind on this course, much more than I'd like to be. Found out last minute that I'll be going to Palo Alto's Ignite thing next month and that I'll be taking their PCNSE certification while there, so I've been trying to juggle that material, my SANS GCIH material, and this course, while also trying to buy a house. Bad idea! I'm having to sideline the eCPPT course completely for now.

I'll be using this weekend trying to catch up on a lot of material. At least with the SECFND course, a lot of the material is similar to what I covered with Sec+ and GSEC. It makes me think I shouldn't have too much trouble with the SECFND exam once I finish the material, but I could be way off.
    I am behind, too, thanks to overall timing. My daughter graduated from HS last week, family and friends came in for the graduation and some have stayed through this week. I just need to spend some time finishing the labs and I will be fine, I am sure. I have the book and am thinking about buying the videos...I am sure I don't need them but I have never taken a Cisco exam which makes me anxious.

I hope all of your certification, training, and life events don't derail you, globalenjoi.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Oh ppt! ba tis non leelas whoknew's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CEH, CCNP R&S, CCNA R&S , CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA Security, VCP6-NV, Security+, Network+, Server+, MCP, MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Quote Originally Posted by devilbones View Post
    Go to Facebook & in the search box, paste in "Cisco Cyber Ops Study Group" & join that group. The gap coverage PDF & other docs are in the documents section of that FB group. Make sure to download BOTH NIST documents as well (NIST SP.800-61 & NIST SP.800-86). You MUST study both of those NIST docs thoroughly and know what happens at all of the different stages of incident response. Also, one of the members has created a sub-page inside the group where he's collected all of the exam tips from members who've taken the exams for both exams....that's pure gold.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertaz View Post
    +1 took it today and wished I would not have waited. I was thinking I'd be right at passing going in but scored a 965.
    Interesting....same score here. Not sure what I got wrong either.

Just as a note: I believe mentors are accessible until June 15th, course material until July 15th, and vouchers are good 60 days from date of request, so around September 15th would be your last possible day to take the SECOPS test.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    Interesting....same score here. Not sure what I got wrong either.

Just as a note: I believe mentors are accessible until June 15th, course material until July 15th, and vouchers are good 60 days from date of request, so around September 15th would be your last possible day to take the SECOPS test.
    I plan on getting all the class reviewed by next Wednesday. By then I will have the SECOPS ebook with some practice exams with it. I want this over to move on to the next thing. I'm not getting the training I want this year, (GRC instead of security, smh), So I have to pull myself up by the bootstraps and train myself in something cool. Just don't know what that will be yet.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I plan on getting all the class reviewed by next Wednesday. By then I will have the SECOPS ebook with some practice exams with it. I want this over to move on to the next thing. I'm not getting the training I want this year, (GRC instead of security, smh), So I have to pull myself up by the bootstraps and train myself in something cool. Just don't know what that will be yet.
    I didn't mean to single you out, just a PSA of sorts.

I finished the class yesterday, but going to spend time reviewing the material and then the gap coverage and regex/pcap filters before I consider requesting a voucher. It was just nice to know I didn't need to get it all done by June 15th.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    I didn't mean to single you out, just a PSA of sorts.

I finished the class yesterday, but going to spend time reviewing the material and then the gap coverage and regex/pcap filters before I consider requesting a voucher. It was just nice to know I didn't need to get it all done by June 15th.
    I've got the gap document downloaded. I think this is going to require much more study for me than the last one.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Most of the hands on SIEM stuff for me is new, but PCAP, REGEX, and basic Linux usage stuff is not. I do think it's more challenging than the prior test, so trying not to lull myself into a false sense of confidence after passing the first one.

I do see value in this exam after completing the second course. I do find a lot of it to be new and hands-on and feel more prepared to discuss with security folks (in fact I have had discussions with them and we were able to go back and forth on some topics). I don't know if I'll ever transition to security because I feel like it would need to be a more junior role than where I'm at now, and I can't see doing that if it came at a pay cut. Any thoughts on that?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Member
    Did anyone else receive an e-mail regarding the opportunity to start an earlier cohort? I received this e-mail the other day. I won't do it because I'll be in summer school(opted to take summer classes so I can finish and have full availability once my cohort starts in September).

We have a great opportunity for you to possibly join the Cybersecurity Scholarship Program early. You are currently scheduled to start your class (cohort) on September 24, 2017 but there may be a few available openings for the class that runs from June 20 to September 20, 2017.

How this works:
    • If you say yes, you will receive communication to begin the first course which is Intro to Cybersecurity. This communication will be sent within 3 business days.
    • Once you complete the course, you will be added to the waiting list for the June 20th class. Completing Introduction to Cybersecurity is a requirement to be eligible for the Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals (SECFND) and Implementing Cisco Cybersecurity Operations (SECOPS) courses.
    • When a slot becomes available, we will notify you via email.
    If you are interested in joining the June 20th cohort, please respond back to this email to let us know. As an FYI, we will not remove you from your current class unless you are officially moved to the new cohort. Also, you do not need to complete the Intro to Cybersecurity course again, if you are not accepted into the June 20 class.

Please reply back to this email by June 2, 2017 to let us know you are interested. There are only a limited number of openings available, and they will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.

Thank You,
    Learning@Cisco
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member NetworkingStudent's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, and Security+. MTA: OS
    I just started the program.

I'm working on this course: Intro to Cybersecurity

I noticed there isn't really any sound on the slides.

How do you pass this course, I noticed there is a final test, and chapter exams.

There is progress bar ,but it doesn't measure how far along I am in the course.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    Finished the course here at work. I can't get the labs to run here though. I'm about half way through them at home. I will get those done this weekend and request my SECOPS voucher then. The book should be available the 8th. I have a copy on preorder, with the digital copy included.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Oh ppt! ba tis non leelas whoknew's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CEH, CCNP R&S, CCNA R&S , CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA Security, VCP6-NV, Security+, Network+, Server+, MCP, MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Quote Originally Posted by devilbones View Post
    That GAP COVERAGE DOCUMENT & others are all in the documents section of the FB group called "Cisco Cyber Ops Study Group." Go to FB, join that group, go to the documents section & download the 210-255 docs that you want to study. There's also a page within the group where a member has collected all of the tips & advice from other members who have reported on their exam experience with the 210-250 & 210-255. I think it's pinned towards the top of the group page.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    That GAP COVERAGE DOCUMENT & others are all in the documents section of the FB group called "Cisco Cyber Ops Study Group." Go to FB, join that group, go to the documents section & download the 210-255 docs that you want to study. There's also a page within the group where a member has collected all of the tips & advice from other members who have reported on their exam experience with the 210-250 & 210-255. I think it's pinned towards the top of the group page.
    Going through these now at my desk. It really has gotten me interested in IR. This is pretty fun.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CWNA, GNFA
    Nice, thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Senior Member

Certifications
    VCA5-DCV, CEH, ECSA, CHFI, ITILv3, CND
    Going through these now at my desk. It really has gotten me interested in IR. This is pretty fun.
    What is IR?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    Incident Response
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Woohoo! It's over 1000!

Certifications
    Linux+, ACSA, ACTC, ACSP, MCSA:7, MCTS, ITIL F, Prince2 Pract, AgilePM Practitioner, VCP-DCV 5/6, Storage+, CCNA R+S/Sec/CyberOps, Sec+, CEH, CASP
    Bumped up to the June 20 Cohort. Who else is in?
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Senior Member NetworkingStudent's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, and Security+. MTA: OS
    Quote Originally Posted by OctalDump View Post
    I'am in this Cohort

I need to finish Intro to Cyber Security.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+,S/S/S+,N+, CASP,CSA+,CCNA R/S & Sec & Cyber OPS, SSCP,EMC NetWorker Spec,SNIA SCSE,Prince 2,EITCA-IS,F5 BIG-IP CA/CTS-ASM, Intel Sec NSP
    Quote Originally Posted by OctalDump View Post
    Same. Doing the intro now
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, GCED, SSCP, CCNA R/S & Security, CSA+, Network+
    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkingStudent View Post
    I'am in this Cohort

I need to finish Intro to Cyber Security.
    I'm also in June 20th. Just finished the intro course...I took all quizzes and the final exam, is that all that has to be done or do we have to actually go through those labs and submit some form of proof for credit?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 54 First ... 354142434445 46474849 ... Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks