+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 First 123 4567 Last
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    GCIA, CSA+, Sec+, CHFIv9, CEHv8, Linux+, BS-CIS
    2016 was a banner year: Linux+, GCIA, finished my BS CIS. Awaiting results of CSA+ Beta.

2017: Another SANS cert either GCIH or GNFA, CHFI for the lolz, CISSP long over due.

I'm very fortunate that my employer values certifications and training and will pay for them. Thanks to everyone on TE for sharing their valuable experience. Good luck to everyone for 2017!
    Last edited by FillAwful; 11-23-2016 at 02:59 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Server+, Mobility+, MCDST, MCTS 70-640 & 642, 70-680+685, MCSA 2012 (409,411,410), 70-697, 70-346
    My 2016 was pretty good too, parts 2 and 3 of my Server 2012 MCSA, Mobility+ and Windows 10 697..

Next year (actually already started due to my work year being Nov-Oct) is hopefully Office 365 MCSA and the Windows 10 698 for the MCSA there as well.. After that, I dunno.. perhaps a SharePoint or Skype elective for an MCSE
    Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GCIH, C|EH, Sec+, eJPT, SCCC
    Quote Originally Posted by dhay13 View Post
    no excuse. at the beginning of 2016 i didn't even have Sec+, only A+ and Network+. I knocked out Sec+ in March and CISSP a couple weeks ago. it can be done! i had about 8 years of IT before this and did the A+ and Net+ in 2010 when they were still lifetime. just had to get motivated again.

set a goal and stick to it. i decided in February that i was doing the Sec+. took it a couple weeks later and committed to the CISSP by the end of 2016. just had to set deadlines
    Preach! I know your right. I should just schedule my C| EH now for a month out or something, that way I have no excuse. Other wise I feel I can study forever.
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    GCIA, CSA+, Sec+, CHFIv9, CEHv8, Linux+, BS-CIS
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxkaliboyxxx View Post
    Preach! I know your right. I should just schedule my C| EH now for a month out or something, that way I have no excuse. Other wise I feel I can study forever.
    This. This is exactly what I do. Asses my current level of knowledge. Schedule the test then get to work!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSA, MCITP, MCTS, MCP
    I originally said I'd do MCSA 2012 this year but due to various personal reasons, it never happened. I'm thinking of jumping straight to MCSA 2016 for 2017 and considering CCENT although I have no Cisco experience. Is this the right one to start on?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+,Security+, DECA-ISM v2, MCP, MTAx2 , CCENT, CCNA R&S,C|EH,C|HFI,Linux+,LPIC-1,E|CSS,E|CES,GPEN,OSWP,Server+,LPT,GCIH,E|CIH
    Busy year next year!

2017: OSCP,GPEN,Server+,E|CSP
    Still have 1 more cert to do before the year is over!
    2017:E|CSA 2018: C|ND,ICND2,E|CSP,CISSP,CCNA-Security,CSA+,GWAPT,CCSK,eCRE,GXPN 2019: CWNA,OSCP Retake, eLearnSecurity courses 2020: LPIC-2
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. CIO

Certifications
    SSCP, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+
    2017 Goal:

> Land my first true security role (5 years of IT experience as a generalist tech)
    > CCNA R&S
    > CCNA Security
    > SSCP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    SpecterOps: Powershell Adversary Tactics, SilentBreakSecurity - DarkSideOps, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP R/S, CCNP Security (Secure, FW) , C|EH , PA ACE
    Strange, I got a rep comment about my cert goals. Someone remarked "no................" Dont know who or why my cert goals were so important for someone else but who ever you are, just PM if you have something to say or have any questions.
    2017 Goals: Dark Side OPS: Custom Pentesting (complete), SpecterOps: PowerShell Adversary Tactics (completed), eCPPT (2nd attempt), LFCS (3rd attempt), OSCP (Ah next year...)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member
    I really wish I could find one that made sense in my space....... You all in security are lucky
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Woohoo! It's over 1000!

Certifications
    Linux+, ACSA, ACTC, ACSP, MCSA:7, MCTS, ITIL F, Prince2 Pract, AgilePM Practitioner, VCP-DCV 5/6, Storage+, CCNA R+S/Sec/CyberOps, Sec+, CEH, CASP
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisone View Post
    Strange, I got a rep comment about my cert goals. Someone remarked "no................" Dont know who or why my cert goals were so important for someone else but who ever you are, just PM if you have something to say or have any questions.
    I think maybe they thought you were being too optimistic, maybe they misread your honourable mentions as definite goals.

FWIW, I think your 3 are achievable given what you already have.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    SpecterOps: Powershell Adversary Tactics, SilentBreakSecurity - DarkSideOps, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP R/S, CCNP Security (Secure, FW) , C|EH , PA ACE
    Quote Originally Posted by OctalDump View Post
    I think maybe they thought you were being too optimistic, maybe they misread your honourable mentions as definite goals.

FWIW, I think your 3 are achievable given what you already have.
    Yeah so many factors play into what is achievable during a year. Study habits, free time, dedication, previous experience, financing, exam difficulty, to name a few. My average has always been somewhere between 2-4 certs. 2016 was tough for me, I failed CISSP twice, passed CEH, and PASS CCNP Switch to recertify my cisco exams. I am taking my third attempt for CISSP Dec 1st. So sitting 5 exams wasn't easy for me mentally and financially.

I had other goals for 2016, but failed attempts set me back twice, and that was easily 6 months time of setback due to financial and restudying material. Oh well, it happens and you continue to move on. Anyway I just wanted to call out that person who feels like they wanted to say something to me but did it in a secret way without PMing me personally.

Thanks OctalDump and I hope you have a good year of success with your goals in 2017!
    2017 Goals: Dark Side OPS: Custom Pentesting (complete), SpecterOps: PowerShell Adversary Tactics (completed), eCPPT (2nd attempt), LFCS (3rd attempt), OSCP (Ah next year...)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, ITIL-F, LPIC-1, AWS-Sysops, AWS-CSA
    2016: Another year of undergraduate complete, AWS Sysops and AWS CSA passed. Not enough scripting done but still working through courses and books for it so may be satisfied with my progress when 31st December rolls around.

2017: AWS Dev, AWS Devops and more scripting/coding.
    2016 Goals - Code and Script all the things in python and bash

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, VCA-DCV, Linux+/LPIC-1, AWS CSA, AWS Dev, AWS SysOps, Project+ [Expired: Net+, Sec+, CCENT, CCNA]
    Puppet
    LFCSA
    RHCSA
    RHCE
    MCSA: Linux on Azure
    MCSA: Cloud Platform

I slowed down a lot in 2016. Hopefully I'll pick the steam back up in 2017.
    Goals for 2017:
    RHCSA, RHCE, LFCS: Ubuntu | Project+ | AWS Certified DevOps Engineer | Learn Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Golang | Improve Python Programming
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member

Certifications
    VCP6-DCV | MCSA O365 | MCSA Win12 | MCSE Sharepoint | MCSE Productivity | MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
    Looking to finish up my Microsoft Stack add VMware and AWS for 2017.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member xxxkaliboyxxx's Avatar

Certifications
    GCIH, C|EH, Sec+, eJPT, SCCC
    I'm in the CLUB@!!!!. I passed one cert this year, you'll be happy to read that I'm eJPT certified! Time to hack the world's bank!

Ok, back to reality, my list is as follows

1. C| EH (2016/2017 Trying for this year)
    2. LFCS
    3. SPSE
    4. Either CISSP, CISM, CISA or PMP (probably 2018, but it will also depend on my next job)
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Happiness is !!!!! MAC_Addy's Avatar

Certifications
    BSc (Hons) Computer Science, A+, Network+, Security+, DCSE, MCP, CCENT, CCNA.
    My certification goals have changed over the past year. It was more focused on Microsoft Server stuff. However, I am now in a role to where I don't have to touch servers, AT ALL!!

So my goals are quite simply CCNA Wireless, Security, and then start on the NP track. On the NP track I'll start with routing and switching, and then move into more of a wireless/security road. We'll see when I get there. I did hear that NA:Wireless wasn't too bad of a test. Just as long as you understand it already.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. The whole Shebang! hiddenknight821's Avatar

Certifications
    BS:IT, RHCSA
    Met my goal for 2016 as I knew I'd only have the time and resource to complete the RHCSA with life keeps getting in the way.

As you guessed it, RHCE is my only cert goal for 2017.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT, A+, eJPT, GSEC, VCP5-DCV
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxkaliboyxxx View Post
    I'm in the CLUB@!!!!. I passed one cert this year, you'll be happy to read that I'm eJPT certified! Time to hack the world's bank!

Ok, back to reality, my list is as follows

1. C| EH (2016/2017 Trying for this year)
    2. LFCS
    3. SPSE
    4. Either CISSP, CISM, CISA or PMP (probably 2018, but it will also depend on my next job)
    hack all the things!

CISSP
    RHCSA
    CCNA
    VCP6 -- so my current VCP doesn't expire
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleNNs View Post
    Puppet
    LFCSA
    RHCSA
    RHCE
    MCSA: Linux on Azure
    MCSA: Cloud Platform

I slowed down a lot in 2016. Hopefully I'll pick the steam back up in 2017.
    Damn man, that's baller. Add that to your AWS certs and you'll be set
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH, Security+, A+
    Was not planning on getting any certifications at the start of this year, but I accepted a new position earlier in the year which required CEH and CISSP within a certain time period. It felt good getting those two and I want to continue that into next year.

2016: Passed CEH and CISSP.

2017 Goals: MCSA Server 2012, ESRI ArcGIS Desktop Professional, ESRI Enterprise Geodata Management Professional.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. There is no spoon. p@r0tuXus's Avatar

Certifications
    ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCNA
    Linux +, eJPT, C|EH, SSCP, CSA+, GCIA, CASP

I know there's some overlap, but it'll solidify what I know since I'm not currently working in security, assure employers of the broad coverage of that knowledge and set me up for the next wrung of certs to follow.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Member

Certifications
    MCP | BSAC | Cloud U | MTA | VCA - Cloud | VCA - DCV
    MCSA: Office 365

MCSE: Productivity - Focusing on SharePoint
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+,MCP (70-461 & 70-462)
    Finish MCSA SQL 2012/2014 (one exam left!)

Posssssibly look at MCSE.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Flexnetwork MASE, ASE, ACMA, ACMP, ACCP, CWNA, CWSP, CWDP, CCNA
    Currently on my wishlist for 2017:

WCNA, to learn more about the underlying protocols and get better at packet analysis.
    CWAP, to learn more about wireless analysis
    CWDP, to learn more about wireless design (and finish up the CWNP program and get the CWNE)

To be honest, that's probably all I will have time for, considering that my work will probably want me to get the PCSNE as well. If I finish the above I'll resume my CCNP studies.

More importantly, I'm resolving to get more "screen-free" time next year
    Last edited by Freeguy; 12-07-2016 at 04:27 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CEH, CCNA: R&S, eJPT, JNCIS-SEC, Dell Sonicwall CSSA, Dell Sonicwall Email Security,CompTIA CSA+, CompTIA Security+, CompTia Network+
    Goals for 2017:

- MCSA: Server 2012
    - Finish ECPPT
    - This Cisco thing for the scholarship

Would like to pick up Linux+ or RHCSA but we will see. My company is switching products so they are pushing Fortinet certifications so I will end up picking up at least a couple of those.
    2018 Certification Goals: OSCP []

Blog: www.hackfox.net
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 First 123 4567 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks