+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Is it reasonable to get A+, NET+, SEC+ in the span of 6 months?

I will be starting WGU in October and I'd love to knock out the trifecta during my first semester. That leaves 2 months per cert. Does that sound reasonable? I have an IT related associates degree, received my CCENT almost 4 years ago (it expired last November) so i'm pretty familiar with networking principles. Been working in the industry for almost 2 years.

Has anyone else attempted this? What do you think my chances are?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+
    Quote Originally Posted by e.ap3699 View Post
    I will be starting WGU in October and I'd love to knock out the trifecta during my first semester. That leaves 2 months per cert. Does that sound reasonable? I have an IT related associates degree, received my CCENT almost 4 years ago (it expired last November) so i'm pretty familiar with networking principles. Been working in the industry for almost 2 years.

Has anyone else attempted this? What do you think my chances are?
    I was close to that pace (even did two of them in one day) and it never hurt me. Hope that helps
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    I think that's completely doable. Depending on prior experience it could be done in half that. I did the Net+ and Sec+ back in the day with about 3-4 weeks of actual study each.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    2 year exp, CCENT, and a Associates. I would think 2-3 months wouldn't be that crazy.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, ITILv3, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+, Server+, MCP, MCSA 2003
    Yeah that's very realistic, in fact you probably can get the A+ and Net+ in a month, and depending on your familiarity with cybersecurity, you probably can get the Security+ done in a couple of months.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CISA
    Based on your experience and prior education, I don't see any reason to think it wouldn't be doable for you
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+ and CSA+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL Foundations
    I did it, which means that you can do it too. Given your prior CCENT knowledge, I would guess that your Network+ study time should be a bit less than average as I figure you just need to learn the "CompTIA" way of looking at networks. Once you fill in the gaps in knowledge, you should be able to nail the exam.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Pancakes and Lasagna kurosaki00's Avatar

Certifications
    CCENT, A+, Network+
    If A+ and Net+ are still as similar (overlapping) as they were back several years ago, it is more than doable. I actually think anyone can do Net+ a few weeks after completing A+ . They overlapped sooo much.
    Use the rest of 2-3 months for sec+.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks