+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    Security+, CISSP, CEH

Default Free Splunk Training for Vets

Splunk is offering free training for Veterans: https://workplus.splunk.com/veterans
    Enrolled
    Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance

Currently Reading

School Books
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CCNA: R&S, Security+, Network+, FCNSA, MTA 98-365
    Wonderful. Thanks for pointing this out.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP CEH CCNP Security
    Nice find!
    Note - I did a small Splunk project a few years ago and listed it as a bullet-point on my resume. I get so many calls from recruiters about that! If you have DoD experience and any knowledge of Splunk (along with 8570 certs), you will be very marketable.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member
    I wish they offered it free to others too. Splunk is very useful and in demand tool. It would be nice to have a short course and a certificate to go along
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT

Default Awesome!

I was literally thinking all day at work. "I really want to learn splunk buts it's so expensive to get another cert right now."
    The moment I get on techexams, I saw this post.

Just signed up,

I'm excited, thanks!!

Currently working on my ICND2
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISA, CISSP, GIAC G2700, CEH, CHFI, Security+, CCENT, N+, A+
    Thanks for the information, work is going to roll Splunk out in a few months and I came here to see if anybody had taken any training. Signed up this afternoon.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoore44 View Post
    Splunk is offering free training for Veterans: https://workplus.splunk.com/veterans

Addition:

For you all that are enrolling and taking the course good luck. Download every pdf for every module/lab. It is one pdf that you will find most of the answers just by doing a CTRL+F and searching for keywords. I also took separate notes, then realized the majority of the notes I took were on the (one) pdf.

I would suggest paying the $1,000 for at the very least the Splunk Administrator training. This training is for the (Power) User. You can find the certification tracks yourself, I just believe the Administrator will yield more career and salary wise. Considering I worked for HP(E), Splunk and ArcSight has some similarities. Or should I say some of the same functionalities. I think ArcSight does more and has more functionalities for bigger organizations or just more functionalities... Maybe that is why HPE isn't offering free training. Or maybe I am biased.

Either way pay the extra for the more advanced training. Go on indeed and put in Splunk and see how many hits you get. Then come back in a week, put in Spunk and see how many more hits you get. See for yourself. Stop investing in eLearn Security and actually invest in a $1,000 Splunk Admin course that will get noticed and set you apart from your counterparts. You don't have to be a veteran, or current military to pay them $1,000. So no excuses. Who would you rather hire someone who is Power User certified or Admin Certified? Exactly my point. The training is a good introduction. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by GirlyGirl; 10-28-2017 at 05:00 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS in Security Information, Sec+,A+, Server+, Network+, Certified Network Defense Profesional (CNDP), Certified Cybercrime Forensic Investigator
    Thanks GirlyGirl!!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGirl View Post
    Addition:

For you all that are enrolling and taking the course good luck. Download every pdf for every module/lab. It is one pdf that you will find most of the answers just by doing a CTRL+F and searching for keywords. I also took separate notes, then realized the majority of the notes I took were on the (one) pdf.

I would suggest paying the $1,000 for at the very least the Splunk Administrator training. This training is for the (Power) User. You can find the certification tracks yourself, I just believe the Administrator will yield more career and salary wise. Considering I worked for HP(E), Splunk and ArcSight has some similarities. Or should I say some of the same functionalities. I think ArcSight does more and has more functionalities for bigger organizations or just more functionalities... Maybe that is why HPE isn't offering free training. Or maybe I am biased.

Either way pay the extra for the more advanced training. Go on indeed and put in Splunk and see how many hits you get. Then come back in a week, put in Spunk and see how many more hits you get. See for yourself. Stop investing in eLearn Security and actually invest in a $1,000 Splunk Admin course that will get noticed and set you apart from your counterparts. You don't have to be a veteran, or current military to pay them $1,000. So no excuses. Who would you rather hire someone who is Power User certified or Admin Certified? Exactly my point. The training is a good introduction. Just my opinion.
    Year goals
    Security+ [done] Next is CCENT-CCNA [loading..]
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks