+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Default Network performance monitoring

There're some options like: perSONAR, OWAMP, Netnorad?. About the last one - it's a tool that was created by Facebook engineering to monitor their DC. The best thing about Netnorad is that the tool is able to randomize source port numbers, so the polarization problems wont occur. Dont know if perSONAR or OWAMP could to that. The downside of Netnorad is that it's just source code, or something like that - you need to to additional programing job to run it.

Maybe you guys have some recomendations of network performance monitoring ? Some othertools? Or some existing ones?
    Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    CHFIv9, CAPM, Security+, CPHIT, Project+, A+ Server+ Network+, Linux+, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Wireless (all Cisco expired)
    SolarWinds Orion is pretty solid (just don't give out your real email address, they won't leave you alone)
    NetScout
    Statseeker
    Nagios (open source and widely used)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Cisco CCNA: R&S, Security, CyberOps; Linux Foundation: LFCS; CompTIA: A+, N+, S+, L+, P+; Microsoft: MTA, MCP; ITIL: Foundation v3; CIW: DDS
    I use Grafana with Zabbix as a datasource.

https://github.com/alexanderzobnin/grafana-zabbix
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member
    Hello, maybe i've described not correctly enough.

What i need is not network monitoring system. I need Network performance tester for end-to-end network measurements. Something like perfSonar, or Netnorad. Have you any recommendations. The prerequisite is that the software would be able to randomize source ports to avoid loadbalancing-polarziation poblem where all traffic goes through one link.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CSAE, CSAP, CASP, CSA+, GPEN, CCNA Cyber Ops, Security+, MCP
    Quote Originally Posted by saddayz View Post
    Hello, maybe i've described not correctly enough.

What i need is not network monitoring system. I need Network performance tester for end-to-end network measurements. Something like perfSonar, or Netnorad. Have you any recommendations. The prerequisite is that the software would be able to randomize source ports to avoid loadbalancing-polarziation poblem where all traffic goes through one link.

So you're saying that Jperf is not what you want
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks