+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passed LFCS

Certifications
    SpecterOps: Powershell Adversary Tactics, SilentBreakSecurity - DarkSideOps, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP R/S, CCNP Security (Secure, FW) , LFCS, C|EH , PA ACE

Cool Passed LFCS

Got the email this morning that I passed with an 88% score, passing was 74%. This one was difficult and it took me 4 attempts. Luckily you get 1 free retake with each exam purchase. So I only had to buy 1 extra exam attempt/retake as you get 1 exam attempt/retake when you buy the course/exam bundle.

Here is the breakdown. Pass = 74%
    First attempt: 37% "yikes! total bomb!"
    Second attempt: 65% "ok, saw improvement but still not there. I don't mind buying another exam attempt."
    Third attempt: 71% "ah man really?! sigh ok I have one free retake."
    Fourth attempt: 88% "saw three new questions, was a little worried but felt confident the pass was there."

I really had to earn this one. Its performance based, no multiple choice, they review your entire configuration when you're done and either you configured what they asked or you didn't.
    Really happy I got this one done. Now on to the next one!

Happy New Year!
    Last edited by chrisone; 01-01-2018 at 01:47 AM.
    2018 Goals: eCPPT (2nd attempt), OSCP, Dark Side OPS 2: Adversary Simulation
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    RHCE
    Congratulations!
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    SpecterOps: Powershell Adversary Tactics, SilentBreakSecurity - DarkSideOps, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP R/S, CCNP Security (Secure, FW) , LFCS, C|EH , PA ACE
    Quote Originally Posted by gkca View Post
    Congratulations!
    thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    CASP, CRISC, CISA, CISM (application pending)
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Scruffy-looking nerfherdr tedjames's Avatar

Certifications
    SSCP, Security+ +4
    Congrats! What's LFCS?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by tedjames View Post
    Congrats! What's LFCS?
    LFCS = Linux foundation certified sysadmin. Is a Linux performance based certification, no multiple choice questions. It is all configuration based on a live console, they review your configurations (28 configurations) when your done.

I did not need this cert but I recently built a Suricata IDS with ELKStack based on Debian/ubuntu for our infrastructure that I am responsible for. So I wanted to be better at managing those systems. Many security tools and distros are in linux, so I figured it was just best to get my linux skill level up to at least LFCS standards.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    RHCE
    That’s a great point and one of the reasons I plan to get some security certs to compliment my RHCE.
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Scruffy-looking nerfherdr tedjames's Avatar

Certifications
    SSCP, Security+ +4
    Thanks for the detailed explanation. Sounds like some solid work on your part.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    LFCS, GCIH, eJPT, CCNA, CAPM, Trifecta
    Congrats on this! I know personally I feel like there are still so many Linux things I'm clueless about compared with before I started studying LFCS early last year. I do think that I'm less clueless than if I had gone down the Linux+ route I suppose. I think.
    In progress: CySA+After that: OSCP, then CISA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by yoba222 View Post
    Congrats on this! I know personally I feel like there are still so many Linux things I'm clueless about compared with before I started studying LFCS early last year. I do think that I'm less clueless than if I had gone down the Linux+ route I suppose. I think.
    Thanks yoba!

Yeah I agree there is still a lot left to learn, which much of it is covered in the more advanced LFCE. As much as I would have liked to entertain the 311 course and pass the LFCE, at the end of the day I am not a linux systems admin and probably would never really desire to make that profession. I just wanted to bring my skills up to LFCS status which I feel is a very solid linux foundation to be proud of.

Congrats on your recent pass as well!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks