+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    AS in IT, A+, Network+, Security+
    Also try to automate your life too. Get a dishwasher, use an iRobot to do some of the smaller vacuuming. When you do your laundry, are you doing other things while waiting for the load to finish? Maybe make a schedule and get into a daily routine. Laundry day is Friday for me, it's not written down on a calendar or anything for me, but it gets done no matter what kind of day I had at work. It certainly frees up my weekend so I can do my 10 miles on my elliptical.

Also plan it out and commit to it. Determine a reasonable commitment to studying/labs and set up a block of time in the week for it (say, 2-3 hours). If say every Sunday the plan is to eat out with friends, set every other Sunday to using those 2 hours or so to studying and unless your house is literally burning down or someone is dead or dying, you will not be doing anything else. This is a little system of prioritizing we do at work to guarantee that everyone gets a minimum chunk of time to make progress on their projects without being distracted by petty things.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Member

Certifications
    CCNA 200-125, A+
    I realise that I'm not lucky and need to work harder than people around me

I lose focus as well but I swear to god I won't be 40 and stuck in a miserable job

I started to study while my long commute (over an hour) so that allowed me to have more focus and more free time at home
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member
    Skyliinez92,
    think of it this way. What is motivation? Motivation for me is relationship between the work and the reward. Let's imagine someone will pay you 10 million USD for you passing the exam. Then you WILL have motivation to study even so you are very tired in the evenings. Now let's imagine other situation: exam creator decided to add 3 times more topics into exam. Now you will have less motivation to study.
    But we do not have 10 million dollars. But we might have other things that we like. For example I play World of Warcraft and now I want to level up my rogue to 60 level since I recently change servers and now need to level up all toons once again. So back to the subject. We need kinda bargain with ourselves and make contract each time we need to study. I say to myself "OK, I'll read that chapter but for that I want to level up the rogue to 60 level". It can be ANY agreement. I can even say "I want to level up rogue to 100 level" but in reality 60 level is enough for me to study 1 chapter.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks