+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Stamford, CT
    Posts
    137

    Certifications
    A+, Network+ (N10-003), 70-620(MCTS Windows Vista)
    #1

    Default Get certified 4 less totally just disrespected me!!!

    So I purchase an exam voucher through getcertifed4less and it does have an expiration date, Unfortunately I didn't feel ready and called to have it extended and which they did.. I just had a baby and was still stuck on some areas so called just to inquire if they could extend it again( wasn't expecting them too) some guy answers and sounds like he has a bad connection.. I say hello, he then says hello.. then awkward pause... I asked if I could extend a voucher and he said why. I said that I just had a baby and I don't feel 100% yet and he replies with so the baby just drops out and you can't take a test!! I was sooooo taken back by his response, that I said what's your attitude.. never responded.. he asked for my name, email, and then said I dunno we can't just keep extending them, i'm gonna have to call Microsoft and see and then I'll email you and let you know... I can't believe how god damn rude and disrespectful he was! Never using them again for a voucher!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    25

    Certifications
    MCSA: WS 2012, WS 2016, Win10, O365; MCSE: Messaging, Productivity 2016, Cloud Platform and Infrastructure 2017
    #2
    Couldn't you just have scheduled your exam using the voucher and then used the reschedule option at VUE indefinitely?
    Never used those third party vouchers myself so I might be totally wrong though.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Stamford, CT
    Posts
    137

    Certifications
    A+, Network+ (N10-003), 70-620(MCTS Windows Vista)
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleo View Post
    Couldn't you just have scheduled your exam using the voucher and then used the reschedule option at VUE indefinitely?
    Never used those third party vouchers myself so I might be totally wrong though.
    hmmm... Good question.. I should have checked vue's site first before calling this Turd lol.. The voucher was a good savings compared to directly from Microsoft so that's why I went with them.. The pricing has really increased since I got into the field 13 years ago!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member mbarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    385

    Certifications
    CISSP CEH CCNP Security
    #4
    FWIW, it's none of their business what goes on in your personal life - you could have just said "personal reasons" or something vague that interfered with your plans and then expanded on that if they are really curious. Talking about your family situation opens you up to a multitude of questions & attitudes. Sounds like he was questioning the planning aspect, which is natural (it sounds like you were expecting them to possibly have a problem.)
    That said, I never expect 100% quality customer service from these types of small businesses who operate exclusively online.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member Phalanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    284
    #5
    I've had to reschedule twice now for my 70-741 exam (once because the centre I chose closed, once because my subscription video training is coming to end and I wanted to time it with the exam). Both times it was easy and painless through the MCP portal which then forwards me to Pearson VUE's. No people to talk to, just pick a new date and go.
    Desktop: MCSE: Mobility | Server: MTA | Cloud: None | Networking: MTA
    Security: None | Linux: None | Service Management: ITIL 2011: Foundation
    Currently Studying: 70-742 - Identity with Windows Server 2016
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member stryder144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,321

    Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+, CySA+, & Cloud+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL F/CSI/OSA
    #6
    Well, damn. I have had really great customer service when using them so this really disappoints me. Keep us informed as to the outcome of your request.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

    Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Stamford, CT
    Posts
    137

    Certifications
    A+, Network+ (N10-003), 70-620(MCTS Windows Vista)
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by stryder144 View Post
    Well, damn. I have had really great customer service when using them so this really disappoints me. Keep us informed as to the outcome of your request.
    Yeah I was totally thrown off by his reaction, like I paid you, why are you questioning why I need to reschedule.. In the end they extended it for 6 month's which was much longer than I needed, but a simple yes or no would have sufficed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Stamford, CT
    Posts
    137

    Certifications
    A+, Network+ (N10-003), 70-620(MCTS Windows Vista)
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
    I've had to reschedule twice now for my 70-741 exam (once because the centre I chose closed, once because my subscription video training is coming to end and I wanted to time it with the exam). Both times it was easy and painless through the MCP portal which then forwards me to Pearson VUE's. No people to talk to, just pick a new date and go.
    I def should have just scheduled then went thought Vue to to reschedule, lesson learned lol.. I hate dealing with people sometimes lol
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Stamford, CT
    Posts
    137

    Certifications
    A+, Network+ (N10-003), 70-620(MCTS Windows Vista)
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mbarrett View Post
    FWIW, it's none of their business what goes on in your personal life - you could have just said "personal reasons" or something vague that interfered with your plans and then expanded on that if they are really curious. Talking about your family situation opens you up to a multitude of questions & attitudes. Sounds like he was questioning the planning aspect, which is natural (it sounds like you were expecting them to possibly have a problem.)
    That said, I never expect 100% quality customer service from these types of small businesses who operate exclusively online.
    I was soo thrown off and it sounded like this guy was at home, not even a Hi.. I have def learned my lesson.. I went to them because their voucher was cheap, but to have to deal with someone like that it isn't worth the savings.. I'll just have to go through the mcp site next time. He did extend my voucher for six more months though..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks