+ Reply to Thread
  1. cert noob

Certifications
    CCNA, CMNA, Security+, ACSP, ACA

Default scripting classes / training / certs

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with scripting classes or if there are any certs for it. I looked at some MS training for powershell but the syllabus doesn't show what I am looking for specifically.

I work for an MSP supporting small to medium sized businesses. I am looking to get better at pushing firmware/BIOS updates to encrypted laptops/desktops. As you may know BIOS updates are tough to push when the drives are using full disk encryption. Just look to automate more then what we already do.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    Google is going to be your best bet for finding scripts for specific things. With Powershell there is a ton already out there. You can find classes and training on Powershell online... But they will be very general as Powershell can do a ton of different things. There won't be any certs that just cover specifically just Powershell. The MCSA certs do cover them a lot though.

Really Googling tasks your looking to accomplish is your best option. Its the only source I've used to learn it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Cisco CCNA: R&S, Security, CyberOps, CCAI; Linux Foundation: LFCS; CompTIA: A+, N+, S+, L+, P+; Microsoft: MTA, MCP; ITIL: Foundation v3; CIW: DDS
    May want to take a look at https://www.reddit.com/r/usefulscripts and see how people created their scripts for ideas.

Programs are really just 3 things:

1) Sequential logic
    2) Decision logic
    3) Looping logic

Master the above and you can use any programming language.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. cert noob

Certifications
    CCNA, CMNA, Security+, ACSP, ACA
    Thanks for the feedback and links.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Lots of security certifications, yet the more I learn, the further I have to go...
    I've really enjoyed the Learn [keyword] in a month of lunches books on Amazon. they've got some good powershell ones to start you off.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member
    Python 3 Scripting for sysadmins ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks