+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
  1. Johan Hiemstra Forum Admin Webmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    MCSE NT4 MCSA 2000/2003 Security+ (expired: CWNA, CNA, CCNA)

Default * TechExams’ 5th Anniversary *

Yes, another year has passed again. It’s truly amazing how time seems to go faster and faster. It’s like every year they take away another month. Regardless of the obvious growth each year, for me this is a time to look back at the previous 12 months, contemplate the progress we made, and try to get an idea of where we are heading too.

I haven’t been able to write as many TechNotes and practice exams as I planned to (what else is new...). I’ve spent most of the past almost 12 months working on project for TechExams.net for which I’ll still need several months more to finish it. But before I do that, I’m going to catch up with some needed updates and additions of TechNotes and practice questions for several exams.

I did finish the long overdue updated PDF for the Network+ TechNotes recently, and I’m currently finalizing a couple of new Security+ TechNotes. For the next couple of months, you can expect to see a lot of material added for the Windows Vista exams. The first 70-620 TechNotes are already online. I’m not forgetting about the other vendors and exams though, I already started on a new/updated practice exam for A+, I will continue with the CCNA TechNotes and TechLabs very soon (and get some Cisco certs myself again). JD and I started on some new material, including tutorials, for the .NET 2.0 exams, which we’ll start posting soon too.

As you may have noticed a couple of months ago, we finally moved to a ‘bigger’ server. The main reason for this was not to speed up the site, but to accommodate for newer software allowing us to add some new sections to TechExams.net, like the Blogs in which JDMurray is posting some very interesting reads, but also to allow a major upgrade of TechExams.net as a whole, including several requested features for the forums. Don’t worry, any changes to the design will be minor, it’s primarily about adding functionality, and based on the responses of some beta testers it should be a welcomed change.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank the moderators again for the great job you are all doing in and outside the forums and for keeping me sane. Wouldn’t be able to get this far without you.

Last but not least, I want to say thanks to all our visitors and members that make up this great community for their support and motivation. As I mentioned today three years ago, and fortunately still applies, I’m proud of the contents of the site as a whole, but I am at least as proud that 99.9% of our members treat others with respect and help each other in a professional manner.

I look forward to this 6th year and I hope we, and you, will continue to help out others pass their exams and contribute to a professional and skillful IT career!

Thanks!
    Johan Hiemstra
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. The Colosus of Clout Paul Boz's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNP, CCIP, CCDP, CCDA, CCNA, CCNA Security, NSTISSI 4011, GSEC, GCFW, GCIH, GCIA
    Keep up the good work Johan, this site is a great resource for both furthering knowledge and social networking, and is a fantastic release from the cut and dry boredom of reading straight from books.

I can't wait to see what new features are over the horizons
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Comptia Security+, AWS CSA-A
    Even though im a little newbie on the forums id like to say thanks for providing some really truly helpful boards and great resources.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIP, CCSP, CCIE R&S (Written), Network+, MCP, MBCS
    I would just like to take this oppertunity to thank Johan and his team for the great work they have done. In to its 6th Year and as a community it grows everyday. Over the last 3 years I have been lurking in the Cisco forums where I have seen it expand, and the number of memebers increase significantly to what I beleive is the best on the Net. This forum prides itself on decent and honest memeber.

It can't be an easy job keeping on top of this but you have done a really good job doing so. The tools/technotes and posts of this forum have been invaluable to me over the years. I look forward to many more years of this great site.

Happy Anniversary
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Sheesh, seems just like yesterday I logged on and asked some stupid question
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCP (NT4 Server), MCSA 2000, MCSA 2003, CCNA, Security+, Network+
    It's been a great ride. I look forward to still being here on the tenth annivrsary.

(Party hat )
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    A+ Network+ i-Net+ Security+ Linux+ CNST MCDST MCSA 2003 HDI-SCTL MCITP MCTS

Default Happy Birthday Techexams.net

Johann and staff,

Thanks for a great resource which I appreciate the luxury of being a member of. I joined in 2003 when my IT career really took off, and I can honestly say that your site being here has been a immense help to my career and its goals. This translates to greater financial rewards in the workplace, and for this I and my two Miniature Schnauzers Elsa and Dusty can not thank you enough.

I've visited other study/certification sites, and quite honestly none of them even come close to this place.I support you by visiting your advertisers sites and I would encourage everyone else to do the same. It's really the least we can do.

Regards,

Rob Holmes
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. SupremeNetworkOverlord Moderator Ahriakin's Avatar

Certifications
    CCIE #23276-Sec, JNCIE-Sec #105, TCSE #2343,MCSE 2003-Sec,LPIC-1
    Indeedy, many thanks all for making this site an invaluable resource, and hell just a good place to hang out. It's so rare these days to find a forum that prides content and respect over anonymous egos.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Psychotron Member Megadeth4168's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Server+,Project+,MCSE, CCNA:S, CISSP, CCNP, CEH, GCED
    I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who make Techexams possible! This site has helped me to not only learn new material but has also been a constant source of inspiration to continue new certification goals!

Thank you!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCIE R/S
    its been that long

well in that case
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member

Certifications
    mcsa 2003, MCITP Vista, ITIL
    Well happy birthday, and thank you very much for all the work you are doing for us.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Excellent news! Thanks to Johan and all the other community members who make this site a pleasure to visit quite frequently.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCDP, CCNP, CCDA, CCNA, ITIL Foundation, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+
    Happy Anniversary!

It does seem like yesterday when I signed up and started asking about MCDST...

shout out to all the contributors on this forum!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE, CCNP
    Congratulations on another successful year!

This site continues to be a relevant & valuable tool.

Definitely seeing what others are able to accomplish helps inspire all of us to do more than what we might otherwise.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCP, Security+, MCTS (70-640)
    JOHAN! You da man!

Congrats on the 5 year mark. Keep up the good work...it's a great site!!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+ Net+ Security+ MCP (70-290)
    A big "Thank you" to everybody that makes this site possible.
    Happy 5th!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Ancient Relic.......

Certifications
    Security+, A+, Network+, MCDST, DCSE, CST, CNST
    Happy 5th Johan....your hard work has paid off as an invaluable resource for myself, and so many others...heres to another 5 years!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+. Currently re-studying Net+.
    Congratz on the 5th anniversary. This is a great site. It has helped me quite a lot during the past few months, and I can guarantee it will be helping me in the future.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Comptia A+, Network+, CCENT, CCNA R+S, ITIL Foundations
    congrats on the 5th anniversary, to johan and everyone else involved, you are doing a great job and long may it continue.

thanks to you all
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    Congratulations, Johan! I have enjoyed myself enormously on TE; I thank you all for providing to me a useful outlet for my creative inspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by RussS
    You and me both. I'd hate to see what was in my first few posts.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    Didn't we just do this?

Oh -- that was the 4th.

Do we have cake?

Happy 5th!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCP (NT4 Server), MCSA 2000, MCSA 2003, CCNA, Security+, Network+
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMurray
    Congratulations, Johan! I have enjoyed myself enormously on TE; I thank you all for providing to me a useful outlet for my creative inspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by RussS
    You and me both. I'd hate to see what was in my first few posts.
    Well, well, well, here are BOTH of them way back in 2003....

http://www.techexams.net/forums/view...hp?p=8544#8544

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist.
    Please don't pull up my old posts, they are much more embarrassing...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    See Signature
    I've only been around for a little while now, but I already love these forums.

Hats off to all that make this site what it is.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCP (70-290, 70-291, 70-680)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pash
    Even though im a little newbie on the forums id like to say thanks for providing some really truly helpful boards and great resources.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
    Ditto! I'm glad I am able to be part of this great community - thanks for all the hard work.

Happy 5th, drink up!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, Server+, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2008, Google Certified Associate - G Suite Administrator
    Happy Anniversary Techexams! I have only been posting here for a few months but it has been fun. Hopefully I will be around for the next 5 years.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks