+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCP,MCTS,MCDST

Default MS second chance or Ebay voucher

Kind of a tough choice. You pay full price for the MS second shot, but you get just that if you need it.
    Ebay voucher, you can easily save $40. For instance, I have worked for many years supporting
    4000 users in an XP desktop environment in a Windows and Netware environment, VPN, T/S, imaging/ghost etc. I would have thought that the 70-270 eam would be a breeze. However, practice exams reveal I cannot pass a 70-270 exam! Some of the exam scenarios don't seem to be anything anyone would ever encounter. If I did, I would not take the recommended approach, not even in my wildest dream!
    That said, I guess I will go with the second shot, its better to get a free $125 chance, than a hopeful $40 savings.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Drops by now and again astorrs's Avatar

Certifications
    I have numerous certs from VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, EMC, Nimble Storage, Palo Alto Networks and more...
    The second shot offer can be used with other voucher codes (you enter one then the other).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    B.S. Computer Science, A+, Network+, MCSA, MCP (70-290) (70-291)(70-270), PMP, Project+
    Quote Originally Posted by astorrs
    The second shot offer can be used with other voucher codes (you enter one then the other).
    That means if I have the 15% voucher that comes in the MSpress Books, I can mix it w/ the 2nd shot voucher code? Is it true??
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Drops by now and again astorrs's Avatar

Certifications
    I have numerous certs from VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, EMC, Nimble Storage, Palo Alto Networks and more...
    yup
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    B.S. Computer Science, A+, Network+, MCSA, MCP (70-290) (70-291)(70-270), PMP, Project+
    It's good to know....... Thanks Astorrs
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCP,MCTS,MCDST
    Well, now I am confused. According to MS, the second shot cannot be used with other discounts.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...q/default.mspx

Q. Can other offers or discounts be combined with the Second Shot offer?
    A. No, the Second Shot offer cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    mmm Interesting........... WELLL THEN?????
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Drops by now and again astorrs's Avatar

Certifications
    Interesting, this seems to be a change compared to the previous second shot offer (I doubled up a bunch of them back then). I would call Prometric to confirm if you can use exam vouchers along with the secondshot code - I never failed one so it's possible that one just overwrote the other (the second shot ones never gave any indication they worked for anyone - you had to call and confirm).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member
    I never failed one so it's possible that one just overwrote the other (the second shot ones never gave any indication they worked for anyone - you had to call and confirm).
    I could definitely see that happening

Everything I've seen says you can't use the second shot with anything else.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Drops by now and again astorrs's Avatar

Certifications
    Just confirmed with someone I know in ACE at Microsoft Learning, and she says I just got lucky.

So please do not listen to anything I previously said, I know nothing.

Now, she says: the secondshot offer cannot be combined with any MSPress discount voucher, MCT discount, corporate voucher, partner skills plus, prepaid voucher, or any other type of voucher/promo code.

The only quasi-exception to this is the currently discounted (because they are retiring) SQL & Developer exams. Since they are already discounted in Prometric's system (by 40%) you can combine them with the secondshot offer.

Sorry
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    Thanks AStorss................................
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks