+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Default Amazon.com recommends brain dumps

Went to go look at the new CCNA voice book and thought this was funny to see

I am almost offended by this. I mean, no wonder so many idiots use dumps these days.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Member

Certifications
    Who cares?!
    Yeah...Wow. That's terrible. I would've never have thought to see something like that on some e-commerce site, especially something like amazon.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA, Linux+
    It is sponsored. Just means that Amazon does not do research on their advertisers and will take anyone as long as they are willing to pay... It's all about the $$$
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    Who cares?!
    Ah, I should prolly just pay more attention then to the gigantic lettering above that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Went to the dark side.... Moderator networker050184's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, JNCIA-JUNOS, JNCIS-SP, JNCIP-SP, MCA200
    That is pretty bad business if you ask me. I guess they can't check every advertiser though
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+,Net+,S+,MCSA:S & MCSE:S 2k3,MCITP:SA/EA, CCNA:Security/RS/DC,CCNP DC, CCIE RS 51060
    Quote Originally Posted by M4verick
    Ah, I should prolly just pay more attention then to the gigantic lettering above that.

ya that is bad that people would be interested in that. i had a similar experience on a message board today while looking for some information on the CCIP track. Google linked me to this message board and the description mentioned study materials so I checked it out in hopes to find some more books. To my surprise, people were actually listing that same dump like it was a normal test material. I wanted to scream thinking about how much time we put into legitimately obtaining our certs while people shortcut it with that crap.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    Luckily there are no brain dumps for job interviews...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCDE #20170037, CCNP/DP and quite a few more from various vendors.....
    I just received a notification on my LinkedIn profile updates advising a new discussion had been started in one of the Cisco Certification groups that I'm a member of.......

I went to the discussion to see what it was about as it was a Storage and Systems Consultant with a PHD and what do I see............

"Hi ...
    Now you can access all (well known dump site)-CISCO documents for free."

and a link to a brain dump site......makes me sick!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by amp2030
    Luckily there are no brain dumps for job interviews...
    actually there are...and effectives ones. A dude named Kevin Hogan is distributing them with impunity. Google or search in amazon.com .
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    x^n
    This is mess up... Someone need to tell Bill
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Questionably Benevolent Moderator Slowhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    A+, Linux+, Server+, Security+, MCSA 2003/2008/2012/2016, CCNA(expired), ITIL Foundation v3 (2011), VCP5-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-DCV, VCA-WM
    Quote Originally Posted by scheistermeister
    It is sponsored. Just means that Amazon does not do research on their advertisers and will take anyone as long as they are willing to pay... It's all about the $$$
    You're probably right, that they don't research all their sponsors. Fact is, Amazon is so huge, with so many people clamoring to advertise, that they simply can't. The only thing that can really solve this is people reporting the dumper-companies to Amazon, explaining what they are, and requesting that they be blocked from advertising. If enough people complain, it'll get attention, otherwise it'll be ignored and forgotten by the company.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks