+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Stop,Collaborate + Listen LarryDaMan's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, PMP, FITSP-M, Security+, Network+, A+, (expired: CCNA, CCENT)
    Guys, this is all wasted energy. Complaining won't fix it. We have a group of guys at my current job who spend half of everyday worried about OTHER people. How many certs does this person have? What does that person do all day? How much does that person make? Why did he get to go to training? Blah...Blah...

Get your certs, get your education, and do a good job. Unless someone is directly putting your job in jeopardy, your time is better spent improving your situation instead of paying attention to others. Opportunites will pass you by if you spend too much time being concerned with others. Wasted energy!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    MCSE 2003 Security, CCNA, HomeLabs Certified :)
    Truly as humans its annoying when u work hard and be at the same level with someone who cheated without effort.
    I picture myself spending 2hours in a test room and a guy spends 15minutes even with a higher score.
    All vanity and vexation of spirit. Judgement is the Lord's. But that embarrassing day will always come, no matter when.
    We don't expect a pure society but, honesty, sincerity and truth will always prevail.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNP, BS Networking
    You can't "Or it's really hard too" Braindump your way through a College degree!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    N+ CCNA
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomjaba
    He - I know how you feel .. a colleague suggested braindumps to test people who were on study leave for an exam to see how good they prepared .. I was fighting (successfully) against it ...

I know someone who couldn't help me with an IP Block on a Cisco switch and had to google it (he is CCNP) ....

But these guys are long gone as it was obvious they know s**t ...this is what I would exepct in most professional companies .. you lie and get the job ... it takes them one project / task to figure out that you are not the one pretended to be ...

I calmed down myself now as I seen people going because of that ..

I agree with some of the things you said, but the guy who couldn't help you with a IP block and is a NP is not a fair thing. He coulda been a IP working at a service provider or some other thing like that. I say this because switching is one of my weak areas. When I was at a military NOC all I did was touch routers, firewalls and DNS servers. When I got my new job I was a CCNA, but the areas I worked on were pretty much worthless to my new job. Did I learn about switching yeah, but its a difference of using it in a production environment vs working labs. I'm not saying he is or isnt' a dumper, but his previous jobs may not have had him doing a bunch of switching, and if he was able to find the answer by goggling it, and knowing where to find the information, that is as good as knowing it in your head.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+,Net+,Server+,Sec+, MCP,MCSA:M/MCSE 2k3, CCNA,CCNA SEC,CCDA,CCDP, CCNP, MCTS, MCITP
    look all of us man hating on each other this is not human nature is human behavior, we need to stop that,
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Some white dude

Certifications
    CCIE (R&S), CCNP, CCIP, CCNA, SCSA, A+
    I used to get all upset about this same thing.. but really it just makes me feel like a genius by comparison.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Default Re: ****ing Cheaters

Quote Originally Posted by UnixGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by EdTheLad
    I could care less, this has been discussed in countless threads already and no matter how many threads you write dumpers will continue to cheat, its time to accept this and move on.
    If the person who dumps can sucessfully land a job and pull the wool over managements eyes i'll shake his hand.
    I've got a guy like this in my company, all the managers love him.We were in a team meeting the other day when up pops his name on the presentation with a big "congratulations for achieving ccie".Afterwards myself and others questioned him on this,turns out he only passed the written, using dumps mind you.Long story short, upper management all think hes a ccie now.
    This guy is genius he's such a smooth operator, its amazing, technically he's useless but as far as all the managers are concerned he's God.His new title is network architect, all the engineers in my department are on to him, all in thats about 12 ccie'rs, we all sit back and admire his advance through the ranks.
    I seriously doubt the intelligence of your management !

Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. A piece of paper means nothing if you don't know how to do the job. Being in IT many years, there have been many people hired in my department but the ones that don't know how to do the job don't last long. So.... so what if braindumpers get jobs if they can't keep them? I prefer to study and work my a@@ off to get where I am, happy with the knowledge that I can keep the job for as long as I want. [/b]
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member

Certifications
    BSc(Hons), MCT, MCSE, MCSA:Messaging, MCDST, MCP, CCNA, CCENT, Security+, Network+, A+
    As discussed in the Cisco forum i recently took my CCNA.

Pearson-Vue have started a new scheme that in my opinion is great idea. They have now started taking your photo in the exam centre and printing it onto your score report. Not sure if this is new everywhere or just for the UK? But it should help catch those who take exams on behalf of others.

What do you guys think? Will it help in some way to fight the cheaters?

Personally I think that the Cisco exam must be one of the harder ones to cheat on due to the time restrictions, the simulations and now the photo requirement.

An interesting debate maybe to put some points/ideas together as to how to stop the cheaters?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member

Certifications
    A few :)
    I worked with a guy who used to brag about how quick he got his MCSE using "dumps" he almost seemed proud of it. This fooled the managers until one day he was called on to fix a reoccuring issue with 1 of our servers to which he had no idea what he was doing. Oh how I wished I could of been there for that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks