+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    A+, Net+, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNA:Security, CCNA: Voice, CCNP

Default Windows Server 2003 Demo Software

Hey all,

I just wanted to get some inslight into what do you do when you install a trail version of Windows server 2003 -- say you have to reformat the HDD for reason X -- and then when you try to "reactiviate" the server MS says this product key has already been activated.

In the past I was able to reuse a previously activated key (maybe since it was over 3 months).

I was wondering if MS maybe clears the product key, or maybe theres a trick that someone here knows? I took an image of Server2003 once but it took a while and takes up too much space.
    Thanks!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. Login/register to remove this advertisement.
  3. Senior Member
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Passion For IT

Certifications
    MCTS, MCITP, MCP, A+, Server+, Security+, Project+, CCENT, CCNA
    Don't you get a 120 trial? You could always just make a Virtual Machine (or install it, activate it, and then make an image of the HDD), and when the time runs out or you format, just reapply the image. BAM! Back to the beginning, activated if you want, and ready to go.
    Dustin, PC509, Ur_Mom.... Man of many names!
    A+ | Net+ | Server+ | Security+ | Project+ | MCTS: 70-620 | MCTS: 70-680 | MCITP: 70-623 | MCP: 70-290 | CIW 1D0-520 | CCENT | CCNA | Working on Microsoft Server 2008 and SBS 2011 MCTS | 50% done WGU in IT: Security
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+, A+, Security+, MCP (270,290,291), MCSA, MCSA: Security, MCITP:SA, CIW Professional, BS IT, MSIA
    Quote Originally Posted by PC509 View Post
    Don't you get a 120 trial? You could always just make a Virtual Machine (or install it, activate it, and then make an image of the HDD), and when the time runs out or you format, just reapply the image. BAM! Back to the beginning, activated if you want, and ready to go.

That's exactly what I would recommend.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNA:Security, CCNA: Voice, CCNP
    Thanks for those options -- my HDD is pratically at its limit so I'll have to go with the download trial.

Thanks for your help everyone!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks