+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, and Security+. MTA: OS

Question Anyone, ever use Career Saver?

Anyone ever use Career saver? I ran their website through cert guard, and it looks legit. I’m just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them?
    CareerSaver.com - Free Downloads

CareerSaver.com - Free Downloads
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. Login/register to remove this advertisement.
  3. One Man Wolfpac NetAdmin2436's Avatar

Certifications
    AAS in Computer Networking, MCSE 2003, Network+, Security+, A+
    I haven't used them, so I can't say for sure how some of their products compare. I do know they have books like MS Press, which are generally good.

I received a call from a salesmen from Careersaver a year or so ago. He started out being nice, but as the conversation went on he began to get very pushy and wouldn't take no for an answer. I tried 4-5 to tell him no and that I needed to get back to work. I almost had to just hang up on him. He wanted me to just go ahead and buy like 3k worth of materials, just like that over the phone. Because that's apparently what some people do on there 15 minute break, spend 3k from a phone solicitor.

I'm sure not all there salesmen are like that, but just letting you know my limited experience with them.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCITP Vista, Server 2008, Network+
    You might want to find out about their interactive software.
    The Comptia's A+ 601, 602, Net+ N10-003 are actually retired

I would think the Microsoft's 70-270 Configuring XP would be a waste of time

Can you still write the cert for 70-290 (Server 2003)?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA:Voice/Sec, MCSE: Sec, VCP and some other random ones
    There stuff looks badly outdated. Free won't hurt, but I wouldn't make them your primary learning source. cbtnuggets all the way if you can afford it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCTS, MCSA 2000, A+ and Network+
    Anyone have more recent experience with careersavers.com? Last week i received an email from TechExams.net about them.

I haven't changed my email preference recently, if ever. I thought it might be a TechExams.net sponsor or something like that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA, CWTS, CCNA Voice, A.A.S. in Networking
    I got that email too. I thought I might give them a try with the offer they had. The site and pushy salesperson made me change my mind.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    They are definitely not a braindump but I definitely think they are subpar. Their questions are all short sentence type and some are very poorly worded. The test engine resembles the one exam force uses but career savers makes exam force look good IMO.
    The salesman was very pushy about trying to sell me something before I got the free trial. Definitely glad I was pushy back. I wasted a little time trying out the product. It's slow, poorly worded, several incorrect answers. My score on a 1-10 scale (3)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks