+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 First 12 34 Last
Results 26 to 50 of 93
  1. um yea i know some stuffs demonfurbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    1,798

    Certifications
    mct: 70-680, a+, network+, security+ (comptia tri-force) project+, ciw foundations, ciw javascript something
    #26
    i plan to hang the bs degree and only the high end ones not the lil comptia/ciw ones
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,363
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by demonfurbie View Post
    i plan to hang the bs degree and only the high end ones not the lil comptia/ciw ones

    Hang em all! Be the corporate putz! Just kidding.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,363
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by QHalo View Post
    What about wearing clothes with your certification logo on it? Sorry I digress...

    I wear my ISO, ITIL and MOFF lapelle (SP?) on Wednesdays. Those are the days we have our large change review meeting. People are always looking at me like I am a tool. Of course those are the people without certifications.










    JUST KIDDING!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member Turgon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    6,250

    Certifications
    CCIE counter..993 Lab Hours.... 532 Reading.
    #29
    hehehe..I pitched up at work with my MCSE tie pin in 1999 for a few days. I did work awfully hard to get it. Never again. My line manager produced his Blue Peter badge. You live and learn I guess. Jealousy, jealousy
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Tech Monkey
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    407

    Certifications
    A+, MCP, MCDST, 3x MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Network+, CIW Web Foundations, CIW Javascript Specialist, Security+, Project+
    #30
    I just wanted to share this with you guys since this thread kinda jumped up around the same time. My wife just bough a bunch of frames the other day because she "got a deal". She's pushing me to put my certs in them and hang them wherever I work, .

    Anyone else ever had outside spousal interference like this?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Went to the dark side.... Moderator networker050184's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,643

    Certifications
    CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, JNCIA-JUNOS, JNCIS-SP, JNCIP-SP, MCA200
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael.J.Palmer View Post
    I just wanted to share this with you guys since this thread kinda jumped up around the same time. My wife just bough a bunch of frames the other day because she "got a deal". She's pushing me to put my certs in them and hang them wherever I work, .

    Anyone else ever had outside spousal interference like this?

    I'd just tell her I hung them up and then stick them in the desk drawer. I have a few items I have to pull out when she drops by
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. The Bringer of Light DevilWAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,963

    Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, ITIL Foundation, CCNP SWITCH,ROUTE, Zoology BSc,
    #32
    I think it very much depends on where you work and what you have achived.

    A senior network consultant who has customers come to his office, it would probable be a good business move to have a CCIE or 2 hanging above his desk.

    And in fact any one who has a CCIE should be able to feel proud and to be able to hang it up (in the UK only about 1500 exist so that's quite an achievement).

    On the other hand if you are new in a company surrounded by people with advanced certificate who don't have theres up on the wall, you may find framing and hanging an entry level cert dosn't go down very well.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. The Bringer of Light DevilWAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,963

    Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, ITIL Foundation, CCNP SWITCH,ROUTE, Zoology BSc,
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by CCIEWANNABE View Post
    but at the CCIE level, you are easily making over 6 figures
    Easy???

    I been looking at the job market recently and I can assure you that in the UK most CCIE jobs advertised are a lot less than 6 figures. I seen jobs offering £35K which ask for CCIE, and the average seems to be around 60K.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Still a noob earweed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Mobile, Alabama
    Posts
    5,176

    Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    #34
    Mine wants me to hang mine in my home office. I use the excuse of not wanting holes in the wall..
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. The Bringer of Light DevilWAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,963

    Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, ITIL Foundation, CCNP SWITCH,ROUTE, Zoology BSc,
    #35
    I just thought I do have one CERT hanging at work framed. It's the one my wife gave me at a works Christmas meal a few years back (down on her farm)

    "worlds best husband"
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Still a noob earweed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Mobile, Alabama
    Posts
    5,176

    Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    #36
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilWAH View Post
    I just thought I do have one CERT hanging at work framed. It's the one my wife gave me at a works Christmas meal a few years back (down on her farm)

    "worlds best husband"
    That one has to hang
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,015
    #37
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilWAH View Post
    Easy???

    I been looking at the job market recently and I can assure you that in the UK most CCIE jobs advertised are a lot less than 6 figures. I seen jobs offering £35K which ask for CCIE, and the average seems to be around 60K.
    That's crazy. Most of the CCIE jobs around me are in the 90-110K range and I am in the Midwest (not the most high paying part of the USA).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. DoWork
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    A major Illinois hospital system near you
    Posts
    1,468

    Certifications
    vExpert, VCAP5-DCA/DCD, VCP5-DCV, VCIX-NV, VCP-NV, BSTM
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by N2IT View Post
    I wear my ISO, ITIL and MOFF lapelle (SP?) on Wednesdays. Those are the days we have our large change review meeting. People are always looking at me like I am a tool. Of course those are the people without certifications.










    JUST KIDDING!
    ROFL! Sorry we have a guy at work that wears shirts with MCSE on them nearly every day. I think it's hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Senior Member phantasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West by God
    Posts
    990

    Certifications
    CCNP:R&S, CCDA
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by QHalo View Post
    ROFL! Sorry we have a guy at work that wears shirts with MCSE on them nearly every day. I think it's hilarious.
    I have a sweatshirt that says Cisco... that's about it. I wear it when I get cold at the office. lol.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Artist's impression mikedisd2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,093

    Certifications
    MCSE, CCNA, ITIL, Dipl.IT, 70-620, 70-647
    #40
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilWAH View Post
    I been looking at the job market recently and I can assure you that in the UK most CCIE jobs advertised are a lot less than 6 figures. I seen jobs offering £35K which ask for CCIE, and the average seems to be around 60K.
    Isn't that because the sterling pound is worth so much more than other currencies?
    60K pounds (no symbol on my keyboard) x (current exchange rate) 1.7399 = AUS$104K.

    Not taking into account cost of living, crap Australian dollar, etc.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. DoWork
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    A major Illinois hospital system near you
    Posts
    1,468

    Certifications
    vExpert, VCAP5-DCA/DCD, VCP5-DCV, VCIX-NV, VCP-NV, BSTM
    #41
    Quote Originally Posted by phantasm View Post
    I have a sweatshirt that says Cisco... that's about it. I wear it when I get cold at the office. lol.
    touche
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. Artist's impression mikedisd2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,093

    Certifications
    MCSE, CCNA, ITIL, Dipl.IT, 70-620, 70-647
    #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Turgon View Post
    hehehe..I pitched up at work with my MCSE tie pin in 1999 for a few days. I did work awfully hard to get it. Never again. My line manager produced his Blue Peter badge. You live and learn I guess. Jealousy, jealousy
    I had to look this one up. That's awesome, looks like Blue Peter can't be messed with.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  19. Random Member docrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,687

    Certifications
    GSEC, GCFW, GCIA, GCIH, GWAPT, GAWN, GPEN, GCFE, GCFA, GMON, OSWP, SFCP, SnortCP, Sec+; expired: CCNA (R&S, Security, Wireless), WCNA
    #43
    I need a certificate that proudly announces that I'm under-paid and / or under-appreciated. Add a gold star medallion and some fancy script lettering with some official-looking accredited institution stamp, then it might be amusing to hang up.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  20. The Bringer of Light DevilWAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,963

    Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, ITIL Foundation, CCNP SWITCH,ROUTE, Zoology BSc,
    #44
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedisd2 View Post
    Isn't that because the sterling pound is worth so much more than other currencies?
    60K pounds (no symbol on my keyboard) x (current exchange rate) 1.7399 = AUS$104K.

    Not taking into account cost of living, crap Australian dollar, etc.
    yes but they were the high end job that where offereing 60 -70K which are just about 6 figures

    the orignal post said "6 figures easy"

    where as I would say 6 figures if you have a decent amount of experince along side it. And you manage to get in to a good postition. I wold not say a CCIE is in any way a garantee of 6 figures.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  21. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10

    Certifications
    A+, Net+. Sec+, CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNA Voice, CCNA Security
    #45
    I have a photocopy of my CCNA on the wall at work, but there is a reason for that. Have to needle the guy that shares my office. The only other cert on the wall is the one I am most proud of, a Red Cross 8 gallon blood doner cert. Working on gallon 9 now. I have no problems at all bragging about that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  22. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,562
    #46
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
    I have a photocopy of my CCNA on the wall at work, but there is a reason for that. Have to needle the guy that shares my office. The only other cert on the wall is the one I am most proud of, a Red Cross 8 gallon blood doner cert. Working on gallon 9 now. I have no problems at all bragging about that.

    Now that's something to be proud of!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  23. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,363
    #47
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
    I have a photocopy of my CCNA on the wall at work, but there is a reason for that. Have to needle the guy that shares my office. The only other cert on the wall is the one I am most proud of, a Red Cross 8 gallon blood doner cert. Working on gallon 9 now. I have no problems at all bragging about that.

    You'll be the hottest guy at work. With that much blood drawn all the women know your are disease free.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  24. PMP-Wannabe! erpadmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,133

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, MCTS 70-680, MCITP:EA or MCSA:WS2K8, Bachelor of Science, IT - Networks Design and Management
    #48
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilWAH View Post
    where as I would say 6 figures if you have a decent amount of experince along side it. And you manage to get in to a good postition. I wold not say a CCIE is in any way a garantee of 6 figures.
    Now that makes sense. (typos and all... )
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  25. Random Member docrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,687

    Certifications
    GSEC, GCFW, GCIA, GCIH, GWAPT, GAWN, GPEN, GCFE, GCFA, GMON, OSWP, SFCP, SnortCP, Sec+; expired: CCNA (R&S, Security, Wireless), WCNA
    #49
    I have a friend who works at a VAR and they were recently interviewing CCIEs. They were paying well above 100k (US). Granted, this is based in the Silicon Valley. For that reason alone, I'm considering eventually getting a CCIE, although that would require a considerable amount of investment time just to learn a single vendor's hardware and idealology (but there are a lot of Cisco shops out there).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  26. savant SubnettingGoddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    108

    Certifications
    none - I am a soon to not be unemployed single mother of twins but damn it, I can subnet you under the table
    #50
    I used to work with a guy who displayed his Solaris certification proudly. He was a little....different. None of the rest of us, no matter how skilled, displayed any certs. So one day I xeroxed his cert, made copies, and figured out the exact font and spacing to make "certifications" for all of us. He started locking it up in his desk when he left after that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 First 12 34 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks