+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 First 12 34 Last

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Don't forget about getcertify4less, they have a deal going with TE where you can save $1. Mention coupon code 1155.

My deal with them is that they seldom sell you just the voucher, they always want to include some lame study guide (which might actually be very worthwhile, but by the time I go to purchase a voucher, I already have my training materials lined up and have never tried one) which then makes the voucher more expensive then buying it straight from CompTIA or Microsoft.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CCIE:R&S
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsbane View Post
    Don't forget about getcertify4less, they have a deal going with TE where you can save $1. Mention coupon code 1155.

My deal with them is that they seldom sell you just the voucher, they always want to include some lame study guide (which might actually be very worthwhile, but by the time I go to purchase a voucher, I already have my training materials lined up and have never tried one) which then makes the voucher more expensive then buying it straight from CompTIA or Microsoft.
    Yeah, their business model seems to be selling lame study guides tied to their vouchers. I bought a Security+ voucher from them earlier this year and the study guide that came with it was for the old version of the test.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. The Colosus of Clout Paul Boz's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNP, CCIP, CCDP, CCDA, CCNA, CCNA Security, NSTISSI 4011, GSEC, GCFW, GCIH, GCIA

I have never had that problem. I've been on their mailing list for years and see vouchers for Cisco, MS, and Comptia every few days, none of which require the purchase of their bootcamp packs.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, CCDP, MCSE:Security, MCITP EA/SA, MCNE, A+, Net+, Security+, Server+
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Boz View Post
    Not everyone can afford to man. I've used GetCertified4Less.com - Test Vouchers at Guaranteed Discount for at least five or six years and have never had a problem. They’ve gotten great reviews everywhere I’ve looked and I’ve had nothing but the best experiences with them.
    Thanks for the tip on GetCertified4Less - I bought the Server+ voucher there a few days ago saving about $25. However, one big disappointment was a freebie they threw in with the voucher a Server+ "Cert Guide from Tcat Houser" described as "CompTIA Server+ 2009 Tips (download pdf) from Author Tcat Houser".

I saw that Tcat Houser had a separate study guide for Server+ on their website for $20, and given the lack of decent study materials for Server+ I figured this might prove helpful. It turns out the "Tips" consist of a two page pdf in which about the most "useful" insight is as follows:

...perhaps the best visual metaphor for Server+ 2009 is A+ got married to Network+ to have the Big Baby, Server+.

So, needless to say, this was quite the let down. Ah well...at least it seems I have a trustworthy replacement for Voucher4you.com.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member

Certifications
    ITILV3, MCTS 70-680, MCSA SQL Server 2012
    Did everyone get their money back from voucher4you.com? I see he's back selling vouchers again on his website. I'm too scared to try and buy a voucher from him after hearing the horror stories from you guys. I was also wondering if anyone has used this site? https://www.calarttech.com/ If so, are the vouchers from there legit? Will they really pay for a second shot if you need it?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Johan Hiemstra Forum Admin Webmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    MCSE NT4 MCSA 2000/2003 Security+ (expired: CWNA, CNA, CCNA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zartanasaurus View Post
    Yeah, their business model seems to be selling lame study guides tied to their vouchers. I bought a Security+ voucher from them earlier this year and the study guide that came with it was for the old version of the test.
    Years ago the vendors decided that selling vouchers separately was no longer an option, they had to be bundled with study material. Technically you buy the study material and get the voucher at the reduced cost. It makes sense, with the high exam costs nowadays, to look for a good deal, but as this topic shows it wise to get your vouchers at reputable sellers who are in good standing with the vendors as well (ie. GC4L or PrepLogic).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Quote Originally Posted by over9000 View Post
    I was also wondering if anyone has used this site? https://www.calarttech.com/ If so, are the vouchers from there legit? Will they really pay for a second shot if you need it?
    I have never heard of it. Certguard lists it as a classroom/personal training website. Search
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by over9000 View Post
    Did everyone get their money back from voucher4you.com? I see he's back selling vouchers again on his website. I'm too scared to try and buy a voucher from him after hearing the horror stories from you guys. I was also wondering if anyone has used this site? https://www.calarttech.com/ If so, are the vouchers from there legit? Will they really pay for a second shot if you need it?
    After my debacle with purchasing a voucher from Voucher4you I did buy a Network+ voucher from calarttech.com. This was actually for the JK0-016 version of the exam, as opposed to the N10-004. Everything seems to have been legit, though, I successfully registered, passed the exam and the CompTIA website shows it on my list of Certifications.

You'll note, however, that the JK version of the CompTIA exams are the E2C (Education 2 Career) version of the exam. It seems the cert itself is no different, and it is still the 2009 version of the Network+ exam.

Along with the voucher (which retails for about $118 per the Prometric receipt, although calarttech sells it for about $205 on eBay, less on their site, still a $34 break from the retail voucher price for N10-004) you get online training. This amounts to 100 questions of mediocre quality, but as long as you get 90% they say per their eBay auctions that you can get a second shot for free in case of failure.

Their website training, however, is unbearably slow to apply an answer and crashed often. Considering it could have saved me ~$200 in case I failed my exam though, I went through with it.

Anyways, calarttech seems honest enough from my experience and has a lot of positive feedback on ebay (although Voucher4you did as well...).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by brewd View Post
    You'll note, however, that the JK version of the CompTIA exams are the E2C (Education 2 Career) version of the exam. It seems the cert itself is no different, and it is still the 2009 version of the Network+ exam.
    The Jk0 vouchers register for a different test number, but it is the same test. They are also not to be sold, and could possibly be voided if that fact is made known. They are intended for those in school, although they didn't do any verification for this.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    The Jk0 vouchers register for a different test number, but it is the same test. They are also not to be sold, and could possibly be voided if that fact is made known. They are intended for those in school, although they didn't do any verification for this.
    From the E2C fact book

What is the cost of the certifications?
    Once a school or organization meets the criteria to participate in the E2C Education to Careers program and becomes a CompTIA member, they are then able to purchase test vouchers at significant discounts. Test vouchers must be purchased prior to scheduling the tests and are available through Prometric and VUE. The program is a voucher-only program. The costs of vouchers are in US dollars. E2C Vouchers are not to be resold.

Current voucher prices are:
    A+ voucher is $74 CDIA+ voucher is $208
    CTT+ exam voucher is $191 CTT+ VBT voucher is $208
    Convergence+ voucher is $191 DHTI+ voucher is $191
    Linux+ voucher is $118 Network+ voucher is $118
    PDI+ voucher is $191 Project+ voucher is $118
    RFID+ voucher is $165 Security+ voucher is $165
    Server+ voucher is $118

The vouchers are good for 12 months from the date of purchase.
    Now I have bought one before. My teacher bought them for the class, and then we paid cash for them. I'm sure this is an acceptable behavior, since we paid face value for them and all. But to make a profit I'm sure is a violation.
    Last edited by Devilsbane; 08-17-2010 at 07:11 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Thanks for the tip Devilsbane. The whole transaction seemed a little weird honestly... I'll steer clear of calarttech, as that's the case, in the future.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Member
    Do you all think this is safe?:

Comptia Network+ EXAM 100% VOUCHER Early Expiry - eBay (item 280548851478 end time Sep-13-10 11:04:08 PDT)

I'm kinda worried because it shows as only 4 sold under history yet the buyer has such a high rating, I'm not sure if this is just the voucher4you guy making another account on eBay?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Cyber Ninja III rogue2shadow's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, GXPN, OSCE, OSCP, OSWP, CEH, CNDA, CPT, Security+, Network+, A+
    Quote Originally Posted by Computadora View Post

Comptia Network+ EXAM 100% VOUCHER Early Expiry - eBay (item 280548851478 end time Sep-13-10 11:04:08 PDT)

I'm kinda worried because it shows as only 4 sold under history yet the buyer has such a high rating, I'm not sure if this is just the voucher4you guy making another account on eBay?

I don't remember the style that voucher4you used for his ebay listings. Paypal should have your back no matter what so you should be good. I bought EC2 vouchers for CompTIA exams because I was a student in the last term. I used Getcerify4less for my CCNA voucher and everything went good. If you are a student, definitely check with the CS dept. or your bookstore to see if they offer reduced vouchers; I remember paying $118 for it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Member

Certifications
    MCSE A+ Network+ Security+ CCNA CCNP ITIL
    Quote Originally Posted by Computadora View Post

ebaymember since 2009,He is ok,i bought from testkill months ago couple of Microsoft ,A+ and Network+ .I did not have any problems with my vouchers.
    Last edited by trio; 08-18-2010 at 01:11 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Member

Certifications
    Soo if i take E2C exams instead of professional ones,do i receive the same certificate as professional one? Also exam contents are the same?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by trio View Post
    Soo if i take E2C exams instead of professional ones,do i receive the same certificate as professional one? Also exam contents are the same?
    Same test, same credentials, just a different name. You also have to get a special voucher.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BS:Electrical Engineering,DRE, AMBCI, MCITP-EA,SA, MCP, CCNA
    I'm little confused here, so is it legal or not to buy exam vouchers ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by za3bour View Post
    I'm little confused here, so is it legal or not to buy exam vouchers ?
    Standard exam vouchers, yes. The E2C vouchers say they are not to be resold, but I think they mean that they can't be sold for profit. I don't know why you wouldn't be allowed to have someone else buy it for you, and then to pay them back.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Standard exam vouchers, yes. The E2C vouchers say they are not to be resold, but I think they mean that they can't be sold for profit. I don't know why you wouldn't be allowed to have someone else buy it for you, and then to pay them back.
    Calarttech may meet the requirement to offer the E2C vouchers. They also offer Microsoft e-learning and vouchers, and you can find them listed on the Microsoft IT Academy website, so I think they are legitimate.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by MentholMoose View Post
    Calarttech may meet the requirement to offer the E2C vouchers. They also offer Microsoft e-learning and vouchers, and you can find them listed on the Microsoft IT Academy website, so I think they are legitimate.
    I'm not questioning whether they meet the requirement to get access to E2C vouchers. It really isn't that difficult. 1. Be an educational institute. 2. Offer a class that promotes Comptia (could just be a general Hardware/Software class, but since it teaches the same material as an A+ it counts) and 3. Pay an $890 yearly fee.

What I'm questioning, is that E2C vouchers are not to be sold. The fact that they can get them is just fine, but since they are trying to sell them is against the rules that E2C has set and if they found out they would likely lose their membership status.

Does this affect you at all? I don't know. Provided they never get caught, no. But if they did I don't know that they would go back and track down those with contraband vouchers and expire vouchers / pull certifications.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BS:Electrical Engineering,DRE, AMBCI, MCITP-EA,SA, MCP, CCNA

Thanks a lot for the clarification.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Looks like the site is back up, except everything says call for price. What a load of BS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Member

Certifications
    Anyone received refunds from this guy?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, MCTS: Vista
    Quote Originally Posted by trio View Post
    Anyone received refunds from this guy?
    I'm still waiting to hear back. I submitted a claim through PayPal, and the claim details state that he has until the 26th to respond.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I submitted a Paypal claim as well and Paypal has given him until 8/22 to respond. I'm hoping that means I'll possibly get a refund tomorrow. I need some $'s to start building a lab for the Cisco exams...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 First 12 34 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks