+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last
Results 51 to 75 of 93
  1. Member brewd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    56

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCDP, MCSE:Security, MCITP EA/SA, MCNE, A+, Net+, Security+, Server+
    #51
    Just received my credit from Paypal. If he doesn't respond to your Paypal dispute you will definitely get your money back. Check in the Paypal Resolution Center for the date he's been given to reply by (10 days from when you opened the dispute).

    Even if he does reply after that date he's out of luck and you'll get your purchase completely refunded. Hopefully everyone in the same situation gets their money back. Luckily there hasn't been too high of a price to pay for this lesson.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    82

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, MCTS: Vista
    #52
    Quote Originally Posted by brewd View Post
    Just received my credit from Paypal. If he doesn't respond to your Paypal dispute you will definitely get your money back. Check in the Paypal Resolution Center for the date he's been given to reply by (10 days from when you opened the dispute).

    Even if he does reply after that date he's out of luck and you'll get your purchase completely refunded. Hopefully everyone in the same situation gets their money back. Luckily there hasn't been too high of a price to pay for this lesson.
    That's great news. Thanks for the update, brewd.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member Devilsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,203

    Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    #53
    Quote Originally Posted by brewd View Post
    Just received my credit from Paypal. If he doesn't respond to your Paypal dispute you will definitely get your money back. Check in the Paypal Resolution Center for the date he's been given to reply by (10 days from when you opened the dispute).

    Even if he does reply after that date he's out of luck and you'll get your purchase completely refunded. Hopefully everyone in the same situation gets their money back. Luckily there hasn't been too high of a price to pay for this lesson.
    Credit Card companies usually have a similar policy. If the seller doesn't respond before a certain date it is assumed that they aren't going to and you get your money back. Only problem here is if you used a debit/check card. Even though they carry a VISA logo doesn't mean you have a credit card and disputes need to be taken up with you bank who have every right to just give you the shoulder.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Member Arysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    58

    Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA: Security
    #54
    I bought the voucher off the guy's site and not on ebay, and paypal refuses to refund my money. I've written to them a few times, but they say I got a "significantly not-as-described item" and they don't cover that unless it was bought through ebay. So friggin' lame.

    Now that I don't have/can't afford an A+ certification, I'm bound to just get an endless amount of doors closed in my face as I attempt to start my IT career. Annoying how things work like that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    67

    Certifications
    BS Information Technology, A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCSA:2008, MCSA:2012
    #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Arysta View Post
    I bought the voucher off the guy's site and not on ebay, and paypal refuses to refund my money. I've written to them a few times, but they say I got a "significantly not-as-described item" and they don't cover that unless it was bought through ebay. So friggin' lame.

    Now that I don't have/can't afford an A+ certification, I'm bound to just get an endless amount of doors closed in my face as I attempt to start my IT career. Annoying how things work like that.
    I'm in the same boat and registered for these forums just for that reason. Put in a dispute with Paypal today and within an hour they closed it and emailed me the following:

    Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
    Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
    does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
    received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
    refund.


    Pretty sure I'm screwed now if the owners of the site itself don't get back to me. I won't be buying from them again obviously if I don't hear back from them soon.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member Devilsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,203

    Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    #56
    Quote Originally Posted by descender421 View Post
    Pretty sure I'm screwed now if the owners of the site itself don't get back to me. I won't be buying from them again obviously if I don't hear back from them soon.
    Just because Paypal refuses to take care of it doesn't leave you SOL. If I was to sell you a voucher and it turns out it was just a number that I made up, you are entitled to bring me to court.

    You can also contact ZenCart who is hosting his website and inform them that he is ripping customers off and they might shut his site down.

    My advice would be to threaten legal action, even if you have no intent of following up on it, maybe he will get moving a little quicker.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Member brewd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    56

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCDP, MCSE:Security, MCITP EA/SA, MCNE, A+, Net+, Security+, Server+
    #57
    Quote Originally Posted by descender421 View Post
    I'm in the same boat and registered for these forums just for that reason. Put in a dispute with Paypal today and within an hour they closed it and emailed me the following:

    Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
    Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
    does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
    received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
    refund.


    Pretty sure I'm screwed now if the owners of the site itself don't get back to me. I won't be buying from them again obviously if I don't hear back from them soon.
    Arysta & descender421, don't place the dispute via the Paypal website. Call Paypal's support directly and place the claim.

    If you do it via the website it will be automatically closed out due to it not being a "tangible" item. If you call them they will go the route that my dispute took where the seller has 10 days to reply. If he does reply, you will not get your money back from Paypal for the same non-tangible reasoning. Good luck
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    67

    Certifications
    BS Information Technology, A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCSA:2008, MCSA:2012
    #58
    Thanks Brewd and Devilsbane. Kind of strange, but the guy got back to me within the past hour and said he will get me a replacement voucher soon. I just hope what happened to a previous poster doesn't happen again ala the voucher being canceled for a second time. Otherwise, I will definitely call in Paypal next time instead of doing it via web. I didn't realize that's how it worked. Thanks again guys.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    42

    Certifications
    MCSE A+ Network+ Security+ CCNA CCNP ITIL
    #59
    brewd,did you buy your voucher through ebay or through his website?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Member brewd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    56

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCDP, MCSE:Security, MCITP EA/SA, MCNE, A+, Net+, Security+, Server+
    #60
    I originally bought a Security+ voucher from him on ebay and had no problem with it. I then bought a Network+ voucher from his website that was cancelled by Prometric.

    Personally, I wouldn't trust this guy's replacement voucher. He guarenteed me and others that he would rectify the issue and then never responded to emails. Get your refund while it's still possible.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    42

    Certifications
    MCSE A+ Network+ Security+ CCNA CCNP ITIL
    #61
    Well If appointment is also getting canceled without any notification,or do you receive one in your email saying it is cancelled?
    Do you also think certificate would be invoked? Did anyone pass and had it marked on file?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Member brewd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    56

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCDP, MCSE:Security, MCITP EA/SA, MCNE, A+, Net+, Security+, Server+
    #62
    I received no notification whatsoever, the test was simply cancelled when I went on Prometric.com to reschedule it.

    No one has reported that certificates were revoked for exams that were passed using vouchers from voucher4you.com. My Security+ was obtained using one of his vouchers, and the CompTIA website is still showing that it is valid for that matter.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. TaskStream Stalker arwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Monroe, LA
    Posts
    633

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, Project +, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP:EA
    #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsbane View Post
    Just because Paypal refuses to take care of it doesn't leave you SOL. If I was to sell you a voucher and it turns out it was just a number that I made up, you are entitled to bring me to court.

    You can also contact ZenCart who is hosting his website and inform them that he is ripping customers off and they might shut his site down.

    My advice would be to threaten legal action, even if you have no intent of following up on it, maybe he will get moving a little quicker.
    ZenCart is just the shopping cart software he's running on his site, they don't do hosting. His site is being hosted by Blue Host:

    Web hosting provider - Bluehost.com - domain hosting - PHP Hosting - cheap web hosting - Frontpage Hosting E-Commerce Web Hosting Bluehost

    I've never done business with this guy, but I'm still going to open a help desk ticket with Blue Host so he doesn't rip anyone else off. I'm going to point them to this thread for info.

    Edit: Wow that was quick. Got this back from Blue Host:

    We will take a look at this, but we can't take any action against them. You will want to contact your local authorities about this so something can be done. Thank you.

    Terms of Service Compliance Department
    1958 South 950 East
    Provo, UT 84606
    P: 888.401.4678 Option 5 | F: 801.765.1992
    Last edited by arwes; 08-24-2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Update from Blue Host
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Senior Member Devilsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,203

    Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    #64
    Quote Originally Posted by arwes View Post
    ZenCart is just the shopping cart software he's running on his site, they don't do hosting. His site is being hosted by Blue Host:
    Good to know, thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2
    #65
    I bought two vouchers from testkill at ebay site the vouchers are valid for like 2 days and somehow they are invalid. My tests get canceled without and email.

    I was wondering if I pass the test within 24 hours and the vouchers go bad later, will I still get a passing grade in the prometric site?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. Senior Member Devilsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,203

    Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    #66
    Quote Originally Posted by shamanklng View Post
    I bought two vouchers from testkill at ebay site the vouchers are valid for like 2 days and somehow they are invalid. My tests get canceled without and email.

    I was wondering if I pass the test within 24 hours and the vouchers go bad later, will I still get a passing grade in the prometric site?
    The voucher went bad likely because someone else used it. So to the person that used it first, it is a perfectly good voucher. To the second, third and fourth people, it isn't good.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. nrs
    nrs is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    13

    Certifications
    MCITP:SA, MCTS: SharePoint 2010 Configuring, MCTS: MOSS 2007 Configuring, VMware: VSP 4, VMware:VTSP 4
    #67
    I've never purchased vouchers from this person but I have seen from others that when they email you the voucher they tell you to use it within 24 or 48 hours. My guess is they had found a loophole in the Prometric system in that possibly there was a delay between when a voucher was first used and when it was invalidated. They would purchase one voucher and then sell it to multiple people - urging them to use it ASAP before it was invalidated.

    I bet Prometric discovered the loophole and then closed it.

    Of course it's also entirely possible that it's all on the up and up and they're just having a problem with Prometric and are overwhelmed. Either way only voucher4you or Prometric could tell us - and trying to get answers out of Prometric is pretty difficult in most cases.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  19. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2
    #68
    That sound right actually. I said the vouchers were invalid and he gave me two more right away. Then the same thing happen test got canceled with no notification.

    But the weird thing is that he didn't mind refunding me back my money. Maybe because he was selling off of ebay and didn't want to have a bad record with ebay.

    Now, I am going to try it again. He said if it works I can pay him back later. So, he gave me a voucher and I have to take the test within 24 hours or it might go invalid.I am going to take the test tomorrow, hope it is still valid when I get there.

    Cheap might not be the Best, but if it works, that is fine with me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  20. Senior Member Turgon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    6,250

    Certifications
    CCIE counter..993 Lab Hours.... 532 Reading.
    #69
    Quote Originally Posted by descender421 View Post
    Thanks Brewd and Devilsbane. Kind of strange, but the guy got back to me within the past hour and said he will get me a replacement voucher soon. I just hope what happened to a previous poster doesn't happen again ala the voucher being canceled for a second time. Otherwise, I will definitely call in Paypal next time instead of doing it via web. I didn't realize that's how it worked. Thanks again guys.
    What is the point of a replacement voucher from the same dodgy vendor? Seems you are just doubling the risk of getting into trouble with the certification body. Try to get your refund and call it quits.

    My premise is that this is the same site that had the invalid voucher problem which is frowned upon by certification bodies i.e Microsoft etc. If Im wrong about that just ignore as I haven't been following the thread *that* closely.

    Just wouldn't want you to get stung on the accreditation front that's all.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  21. Senior Member SrSysAdmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    256

    Certifications
    B.S. in Business Management, Security+, MCSA
    #70
    Quote Originally Posted by shamanklng View Post
    I bought two vouchers from testkill at ebay site the vouchers are valid for like 2 days and somehow they are invalid. My tests get canceled without and email.

    I was wondering if I pass the test within 24 hours and the vouchers go bad later, will I still get a passing grade in the prometric site?


    I bought a voucher from testkill as well because a poster on this forum in this exact thread said that he could be trusted.

    I checked on my test appointment scheduled for tomorrow just to make sure there weren't any issues, and sure enough it has been cancelled.


    **** man...why are there so many assholes in this world?

    Oh well, now to call PayPal...
    Last edited by SrSysAdmin; 08-26-2010 at 03:29 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  22. Senior Member SrSysAdmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    256

    Certifications
    B.S. in Business Management, Security+, MCSA
    #71
    I just received an update from testkil and a refund for my test...the response (which is in response to me opening a PayPal claim) is below:

    No need,im sending the refund.
    apparently source of vouchers i bought turned out to be originally from that voucher4less scam guy .

    - testkill
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  23. Senior Member Devilsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,203

    Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    #72
    Do we know if it is vue vouchers, prometric vouchers, or both from voucher4you that are causing issues?

    I bought a voucher at the end of July and took a prometric test (security+) on August 12th with no troubles. I must have been one of the last people...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  24. Senior Member SrSysAdmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    256

    Certifications
    B.S. in Business Management, Security+, MCSA
    #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsbane View Post
    Do we know if it is vue vouchers, prometric vouchers, or both from voucher4you that are causing issues?

    I bought a voucher at the end of July and took a prometric test (security+) on August 12th with no troubles. I must have been one of the last people...
    Prometric was the issue for me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  25. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2
    #74
    Quote Originally Posted by over9000 View Post
    Did everyone get their money back from voucher4you.com? I see he's back selling vouchers again on his website. I'm too scared to try and buy a voucher from him after hearing the horror stories from you guys. I was also wondering if anyone has used this site? https://www.calarttech.com/ If so, are the vouchers from there legit? Will they really pay for a second shot if you need it?
    I got my money back from PayPal yesterday.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  26. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    82

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, MCTS: Vista
    #75
    Just wanted to update everyone -- I never got a response from the seller, but PayPal gave me a full refund today.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks