+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNP(collab), S+
    Started off the year great moving to a WAN engineer position. I was studying for my CCNP heavy at the time so I got in off that alone. Started working the WAN and some huge VOIP projects, then in a blink of a eye the VOIP stuff moved to another contract and all the work I did was forgotten about. (setting up the call manager, unity and setting up usage for 4500 users across 2 sites). Got into constant beef with my manager( 2 other people quit prior 2 me leaving) Got a job at a cisco partner which I thought would be great, but I feel it was a huge fall, not a step back like I thought. Finished my CCNP along the way. Starting my CCIE RnS but my employeer wants me to finish a voice cert. So all in all a good year even with all the bumps along the road I feel like I moved from a "IT GUY" to a " IT Professional" which is great considering I moved into this field 2 years ago. Also started a blog below. Check it out.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    BS:Electrical Engineering,CISM, DRE, AMBCI, MCITP-EA,SA, MCP, CCNA
    My Story:
    I've been in "IT" for over 11 years.I'm moving to KSA at the end of week to work there I have a contract with Aramco will be working in Business Continuity Planning

What I did in 2010:
    It wasn't the best year till March were I decided to move my ass and do some certs. It's been good since then.

Certs I achieved:
    Please look at my signature

Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Virtually Certifiable tbgree00's Avatar

Certifications
    VCAP5-DCA/DCD, VCP5-DCV, ITIL, MCSE, MCSA 03/12,MCITP:EA, EST, EDA7, EA, CCENT
    My Story:
    I hit my 3 year mark as IT support in a two person operation. I was told my position was going to be eliminated and I had the option for a job that didn't want me and the people talked about dirty internet sites, cursed, and how hot the women in the office were as a selling point during my interview with them. I turned it down and am now unemployed.

What I did:
    I upgraded our VMware 3.5 vCenter server and ESXi boxes to 4.0, I wrote the company disaster recovery plan, I wrapped my mind around the Gordian knot that is Microsoft licensing, especially virtual licensing of SQL Server processor CALs.

Certs I achieved:
    MCSE, MCSA, MCITP:EDA7
    Last edited by tbgree00; 12-13-2010 at 01:52 PM.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks