+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Quote Originally Posted by it_consultant View Post
    Most people outside of IT will not know what a CCNP is. However, they will recognize the logo, especially if they are using a Cisco IP phone or something. That does bring non IT people some measure of comfort that they know you are trained in the products they use.
    I have no idea what FLMI, JD, or SIPC are, but I work with people (from the business) who use them in their signatures.

No not everyone is going to know exactly what your achievement means. If they don't, they probably don't matter in your career ladder. And they will probably just believe that it is some technology thing and assume you know your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalZeroOne View Post
    John Doh
    System Administrator
    John Doh@company.com
    555-555-1212
    MCSE, MCITP:EA, Security+
    Where I work, the signature goes like this.

John Doe, MCSE, MCITP:EA
    System Administrator

JohnDoh@company.com
    d: 555.555.5555 x55555
    c: 555.555.5556

Company name | Website
    Company Slogan

You don't want to get too carried away with the number of certifications. Only place the most relevant or most prestigious ones. In my opionon any more than 2 would be pushing it and I'd never do more than 3.
    Last edited by Devilsbane; 05-04-2011 at 05:32 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, ITILv3, CCENT
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisone View Post
    If its for your own personal email then yes, especially if you are in the consulting business. Even then i would restrict it to professional or high end certs. If its for your work environment then i dont think its necessary to show off your credentials over and over again to the same people that already know your qualifications.
    I agree with chrisone. If you are in consulting or something like that and are emailing clients/customers, then restricting it to professional higher end certs is best. You are showing the customer that you are trained/certified which is obviously a good thing to advertise to them.
    Outside of scenarios like that, showing your credentials just seems pointless to me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Premier Field Engineer Everyone's Avatar

Certifications
    Security+
    I was just giving a co-worker some crap about this the other day. I got an e-mail from him, and he had his certs listed in it. He said he thought he had turned that off. He said at his last job he was required to do it. Since he worked for a consulting firm I can understand that. However this is a hospital, so it seemed kinda lame to do it here.

The only thing I've ever put my certs down on, other than my resume, is technical papers that I've authored.

I think outside of working in the consulting world, there's no reason to list them in your e-mail signature.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks