+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 First 12 345612 ... Last

Certifications
    BS: IT, CCNA, CCENT, CCDA, MCTIP:SA, MCTS, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+, CIW Professional
    I accomplished so much in 2011. This year has been the best year of my career. I got my "dream" job, upgraded my MCSA to MCITP:SA, passed CCENT, and finished my BS degree from WGU.

2012 goals are to finish CCNA (early 2012), Exchange certification, and VCP (VMWARE).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    2011: Finished up my AAS degree and completed the MCITP:EST. Working on getting the 640 and 642 done before I start WGU.
    2012: WGU
    Last edited by Psoasman; 10-29-2011 at 03:56 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Server+,A+, N+, MCDST, HDI/SCA, MCP, ITIL Foundations 2011, VCA5-DCV,VCA5-Cloud, MTA 98-364
    Haven't completed anything in 2011 yet, as just started back with certs. Hoping to get the following done before the end of the year:

Security +
    70-680
    Server +(optional)

For 2012 goals, see sig.

Good luck all!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthehell View Post
    Haven't completed anything in 2011 yet, as just started back with certs. Hoping to get the following done before the end of the year:Security +70-680Server +(optional)For 2012 goals, see sig.Good luck all!
    If MS technology is your game that 70-680 is a nice one to have. How about the bridge exam for you MCDST? You can get the MCITP with just 70-682. Just a thought, get two for one.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Net+, CCNA, CCDA, CCN RS, CCDP
    Finish CCNP if not done by 2012, start and complete CCIP, start CCIE
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    eCPPT, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CISSP, CCNA (expired), MCTS
    I have mixed feelings about what I want to do next year. WAY to early to decide.
    Currently working on: Resting
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Server+,A+, N+, MCDST, HDI/SCA, MCP, ITIL Foundations 2011, VCA5-DCV,VCA5-Cloud, MTA 98-364
    Quote Originally Posted by N2IT View Post
    If MS technology is your game that 70-680 is a nice one to have. How about the bridge exam for you MCDST? You can get the MCITP with just 70-682. Just a thought, get two for one.
    You know, I completely forgot about that damn bridge exam! Mamono mentioned this to me as well, but forgot to write it down!
    Thanks very much for reminding me! +1 for you!
    Now just to find good study material for it -- I believe it is a Vista exam?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    You know, I completely forgot about that damn bridge exam! Mamono mentioned this to me as well, but forgot to write it down!
    Research and I shall receive --- Pro: Upgrading to Windows 7 MCITP Enterprise Desktop Support Technician

Looks like a Windows 7 upgrade exam. so the 70-682 would count for the 70-680 AND would upgrade the MCDST to MCITP? NICE!

Apologies if I temporarily hijacked this post -- just some proper good news for me!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member

Certifications
    CEH, A+, Network+, Security+, CITAM, ITIL v3 Foundations
    2011:

CEH - done
    CITAM (Certified IT Asset Manager) - done
    MBA - on track for November

2012:

CHAMP (Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional)
    CSAM (Certified Software Asset Manager)
    PMP
    MS Information Assurance
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member
    Keep us posted on how you do.
    Last edited by N2IT; 09-20-2011 at 08:28 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    Research and I shall receive --- Pro: Upgrading to Windows 7 MCITP Enterprise Desktop Support Technician

Looks like a Windows 7 upgrade exam. so the 70-682 would count for the 70-680 AND would upgrade the MCDST to MCITP? NICE!

Apologies if I temporarily hijacked this post -- just some proper good news for me!
    If you go the 682 route, make sure you study the 680 and 685 exam material. Going over 686 wouldn't hurt, either.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member
    2012: Network+, Security+, CCNA, CCNA Security.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Guest

Certifications
    A+, Network+, CCNA
    I think my 2011 goals were CCENT, Security+, and CCNA. I passed the CCENT, never got around to Security+, and failed my first attempt at ICND2, then I started a new job and moved to another state so CCNA keeps getting delayed.

CCNA will most likely end up on my 2012 goals with the possibility of Linux+
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Keep us posted on how you do.
    Will do! You will most likely see some post saying I PASSED hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Psoasman View Post
    If you go the 682 route, make sure you study the 680 and 685 exam material. Going over 686 wouldn't hurt, either.
    Thanks for info -- will be studying 680 and 685 material. Hopefully the test is not too hard!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member

Certifications
    MSIT, BSCS, Sec+, A+, Net+, iNet+, Green IT, MCDST, MCSA (70-210, 70-215, 70-290, 70-291), MCTS (70-640)
    MCITP:SA (should just have 646 left by December 2011)
    ITIL v3 Foundation

...BEGIN studying for CISSP.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Mr. Poopy Pants

Certifications
    MCP, MCDST, HDI-SCA, Network+, MCTS: W7C, MCITP: EDST7, BS: MIS, MCSA: W7
    Hopefully I'll pass 70-682 next week so that I'll be able to pursue my CCNA and finish up my BS in MIS in 2012.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member
    Will do! You will most likely see some post saying I PASSED hopefully

Thanks for info -- will be studying 680 and 685 material. Hopefully the test is not too hard!

Pso is our resident Windows 7 expert I'd listen to him.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member

Certifications
    BA: MIS, MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support 7, MCSA Windows 7 Configuration, VCP5, ITIL V3 Foundation, AWS Technical Professional
    I'll be finishing my MIS degree in December 11(hopefully.. my advisor quit) and then am hoping to have time in 2012 for my MCITP:EA and SA.

I already got that pesky 70-680 out of the way.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by eserfeliz View Post
    Hopefully I'll pass 70-682 next week so that I'll be able to pursue my CCNA and finish up my BS in MIS in 2012.
    What are you using to prep for the test?

Pso is our resident Windows 7 expert I'd listen to him.
    Thanks for the info -- will hit him up!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Psoasman View Post
    I am using the Poulton book to prep for the 70-680, and I see that Darril Gibson has a book out too,that covers the 70-680 and 70-685.
    I will be using Professor Messor's Vids to study, and I am also taking a community college class for it too (for course credit as well). Will also be using the great notes on this site. I have VMWare Workstation 7.1 installed, and will be setting up a Win 2k8 DC along with a Win 7 client.

Anything else you can recommend for the 70-682?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Senior Member NetworkingStudent's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, and Security+. MTA: OS
    Quote Originally Posted by veritas_libertas View Post
    I have mixed feelings about what I want to do next year. WAY to early to decide.
    +1 it's just to early for me too. Honestly I would just like to have a IT job, so far most of my energy has been put into looking for an IT job. I average 1 to 2 interveiws a month.

+1 it's just too early for me too. Honestly I would just like to have an IT job and focus on that. It’s harder to get motivated to study, when I can’t even find an IT job. Currently, most of my energy has been put into looking for an IT job. I average 1 to 2 interviews a month.

My plans for 2012 so far are the following:

Creating more connections on Linked In

70-680( this exam is a beast)—I’m currently studying for this exam, but there is so much to learn that I might have to take it in 2012

70-685

70-686

ITILv3( I see more and more job posting asking for this cert)
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Mr. Poopy Pants

Certifications
    MCP, MCDST, HDI-SCA, Network+, MCTS: W7C, MCITP: EDST7, BS: MIS, MCSA: W7
    What are you using to prep for the test?
    Hey, using the (updated) MS Press 70-680 and the 685 books, and I purchased the 70-682 MeasureUp practice exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Member

Certifications
    A+
    2011 - 70-640
    2012 - MCITP SA and CCNA

I would like to progress faster but I am doing a HNC in Computing as well which is eating up most of my free time. Will also try to learn as much about SQL and Exchange as I can.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by veritas_libertas View Post

You make a very good point here.

My boss told me he wanted me to get the PMP so that makes it easy. Believe it or not, besides ITIL V3 foundations, all my certs I did because I wanted to not because I was required.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Member

Certifications
    MCP MCTS MCITP: EDST MCITP: EDA MOS MCITP: SA MCSA
    Completed MCITP: EDST, MCITP: EDA, 70-640, 70-642, MOS Outlook and Powerpoint.
    I want to finish MCITP: SA and would like to take Security+ too if I can fit it in what with buying a new house, moving etc etc...

I want to finish the MOS Master by taking the Word and Excel Expert exams. If I don't fit any more MS exams in this year besides 70-646 then I would like to complete the MCITP: EA in early 2012 and then look at doing the Exchange or Virtualization exams. I quite fancy knocking out a few CompTIA exams just for fun including CASP. I'm also considering completeing the MCSA I didn't finish 7 years ago and possibly the MSCE but I'm trying to focus on future technologies rather that dwelling on the past. Oh yes, and I almost forgot, I would really like to dabble in a little Cisco tech so have the CCNA in my sights too!

Richard
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 First 12 345612 ... Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks