+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Senior Member SteveO86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,405

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCIP, CCDP, CCNP: Security/Data Center, CCNA Wireless, CWNA, WCNA
    #1

    Default Can I verify someone's Cisco Certificate?

    Hey guys, If I have someone's CSCO number can I verify their credentials? (I think I can but I can't seem to find out how )
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Guest
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    958

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, CCNA
    #2
    not sure if this works since my CSCO number isn't doing anything
    http://www.ciscocertificates.com/verify.cfm
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Boss Man cxzar20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    156

    Certifications
    PMP, CCDP, CCIP, CCNP, CCNA, ITILv3, Security+
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
    Hey guys, If I have someone's CSCO number can I verify their credentials? (I think I can but I can't seem to find out how )
    I don't believe so, I think you need the certificate verification number that is listed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Netlurker cisco_trooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,420

    Certifications
    CCNP Security, ASA Specialist, Firewall Security Specialist, IOS Security Specialist, IPS Specialist, VPN Security Specialist
    #4
    You can have them publish their credential through the Cisco Certification Tracker that they will have access to if they are legitimately certified by Cisco.

    http://www.cisco.com/go/certifications/login
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member SteveO86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,405

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCIP, CCDP, CCNP: Security/Data Center, CCNA Wireless, CWNA, WCNA
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by cisco_trooper View Post
    You can have them publish their credential through the Cisco Certification Tracker that they will have access to if they are legitimately certified by Cisco.

    http://www.cisco.com/go/certifications/login
    That's the only thing I can think of... I was hoping finding a way without approaching this individual.. O well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Netlurker cisco_trooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,420

    Certifications
    CCNP Security, ASA Specialist, Firewall Security Specialist, IOS Security Specialist, IPS Specialist, VPN Security Specialist
    #6
    I see where you are going with this. I too wish I could do the same. You know, if you are in a management position you can just make it a policy that credentials must be verified annually, or something similar.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member SteveO86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,405

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCIP, CCDP, CCNP: Security/Data Center, CCNA Wireless, CWNA, WCNA
    #7
    Well it probably wouldn't due me too much good anyway.. I found a CCNP that could not fix a duplex mis-match

    (Nor understood how I knew to fix it )
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. nel
    nel is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,847

    Certifications
    A+ , Network+, MCSA 2003, CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, JNCIA-JunOS, JNCIS-ENT, Bsc(hons) & Msc Degree
    #8
    if you have a partner status get him to apply to help your partner credentials
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Senior Member Devilsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,203

    Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
    That's the only thing I can think of... I was hoping finding a way without approaching this individual.. O well.
    I know years ago it was often easy to verify credentials. But many privacy concerns have been raised over the past 10 years and they pretty much locked all of that down. Same with Microsoft and CompTIA. Just makes it easier for liars to get away with it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Netlurker cisco_trooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,420

    Certifications
    CCNP Security, ASA Specialist, Firewall Security Specialist, IOS Security Specialist, IPS Specialist, VPN Security Specialist
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
    Well it probably wouldn't due me too much good anyway.. I found a CCNP that could not fix a duplex mis-match

    (Nor understood how I knew to fix it )
    LOL. I worked with a CCNA at Sprint who could NOT draw a physical layer diagram using CDP...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,727

    Certifications
    [Reserved]
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
    Well it probably wouldn't due me too much good anyway.. I found a CCNP that could not fix a duplex mis-match

    (Nor understood how I knew to fix it )
    I thought that would be a CCNA level task? Or is that why you were so upset about it?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    377

    Certifications
    CISSP, F5 CSE:Security, CCNP:Security, CCNP:R&S, RHCE, MCSE: Server Infrastructure, MCITP:SA/EA, MCSE: Security, Security+, Project+
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by cisco_trooper View Post
    LOL. I worked with a CCNA at Sprint who could NOT draw a physical layer diagram using CDP...
    While I understand CDP is very easy to use, CDP is hardly touched in the study material and does not exist on any of the exams Ive been through from CCENT-->CCNA-->CCNP:Security. So while its interesting he couldnt figure it out (almost everything on Cisco can be button crashed through by using ?), its not something Id be overly surprised about.

    Even with prior work experience, if you work in a small-to-medium sized shop where everything is documented or drawn out, there really isnt a need to use cdp. Not everyone works in an enterprise environment with proper distribution/Aggr/Access levels where CDP becomes a necessity.

    Cisco has been focusing the exams more and more towards the ASDM and from what I hear, there are plans in the works that will see future code versions have things that can only be done through ASDM as there will be no CLI equivalent command...

    Quote Originally Posted by instant000 View Post
    I thought that would be a CCNA level task? Or is that why you were so upset about it?
    Pretty sure thats what's got the OP so upset.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Senior Member SteveO86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,405

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCIP, CCDP, CCNP: Security/Data Center, CCNA Wireless, CWNA, WCNA
    #13
    Upset sounds like such a strong word... I was more like.. really are you kidding me..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Senior Member Ryan82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    424
    #14
    Nothing surprises me anymore with respect to people taking shortcuts. I have worked with folks that have passed their CCIE written who couldn't tell you the difference between an LSA and a SLA.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    377

    Certifications
    CISSP, F5 CSE:Security, CCNP:Security, CCNP:R&S, RHCE, MCSE: Server Infrastructure, MCITP:SA/EA, MCSE: Security, Security+, Project+
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan82 View Post
    Nothing surprises me anymore with respect to people taking shortcuts. I have worked with folks that have passed their CCIE written who couldn't tell you the difference between an LSA and a SLA.
    Just to be clear when you say LSA and SLA you are referring to Link-State Advertisements for OSPF and Service Level Agreements, right? Or should I be breaking out my Cisco books again?

    Context is key especially in IT where we have acronyms for everything. If you threw that question at me in an interview and the answer was as described above, I would probably have to profess to not knowing the difference because at least to me, my mind would immediately jump to 2 like subjects (i.e. networking vs business) so I would probably define one (again depending on context of job title, previous questions and current question, it could be either one) and state I didnt know the other one...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. Surprised Badger TesseracT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    166

    Certifications
    BSc, CCNP, MCSA, MCTS Exchange. CCIE Written
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by apr911 View Post
    Just to be clear when you say LSA and SLA you are referring to Link-State Advertisements for OSPF and Service Level Agreements, right? Or should I be breaking out my Cisco books again?

    Context is key especially in IT where we have acronyms for everything. If you threw that question at me in an interview and the answer was as described above, I would probably have to profess to not knowing the difference because at least to me, my mind would immediately jump to 2 like subjects (i.e. networking vs business) so I would probably define one (again depending on context of job title, previous questions and current question, it could be either one) and state I didnt know the other one...
    I believe he's talking about IOS ip sla's

    Cisco IOS IP SLAs Configuration Guide, Release 12.4 - IP SLAs--Proactive Threshold Monitoring* [Cisco IOS Software Releases 12.4 Mainline] - Cisco Systems
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    377

    Certifications
    CISSP, F5 CSE:Security, CCNP:Security, CCNP:R&S, RHCE, MCSE: Server Infrastructure, MCITP:SA/EA, MCSE: Security, Security+, Project+
    #17
    Hmm... yeah Ive seen those... But that still wouldnt be where I would have gone with that question...

    The Cisco IOS IP SLA are monitors. The technology is not actually called SLA in fact, in the Cisco documentation, SLA=Service Level Agreement so the point is still valid...

    Throwing acronyms around and seeing what sticks is not going to get you the answers you want/expect no matter how skilled the person.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks