+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Thumbs up Need some advice

Hii to all. nowadays m getting some confusions about to which tract should I choose after this completing my bachelor degree in telecomunication. this is my last semister and at this stage I need some advice about which tract should I choose that can benifit me in future.
    As I have a superb grip in programming and also good knowledge on network programming. So what should u all prefred wheter should I forward my master degree or to shift into certifcation paths that can give me alot of $$$$ in future.
    I plan my self to get into networking site and security side after competing this so now kindly all share your adives....
    This is some sort of tract plan which I made for my career.
    1 :BS-Telecom (Network engineer specialized with network programing,Wireless networking and artifical intelgince )
    2 :MS-Networking (Specialization in network programming)
    3 :CompTia A+
    4 :CompTiA Network+
    5 :CCNA( Cisco Certified Network Associate in Routing and Switching)
    6 :CCNP( Cisco Certified Network Professional)
    I shall be very thankful to u all..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    Bachelor of Science IT - Security, CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, LPIC-1, A+ Net+ Sec+, Linux+ and others I don't feel are worth mentioning
    I would start working on some certs and getting a job if you're looking at getting into networking and security. It's never a bad time to start getting experience and I'd say education wise you're already in a decent position with a bachelors degree. Look at entry level opportunities in your area and see what companies are looking for but A+ is never a bad way to start your career off either. If you already have some networking knowledge then you can probably skip Net+ and go for your CCNA as it will open doors for you in networking and I've heard bad things about the new Net+ exam. Maybe look at some security certs like secuirty+ and CCNA security as well just to get familiar with some of the concepts.
    Last edited by W Stewart; 12-08-2012 at 09:07 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Pancakes and Lasagna kurosaki00's Avatar

Certifications
    CCENT, A+, Network+
    I would try to be more like find something you want to do and then choose the best way to achieve it
    instead of "whats the best path to $$$KACHING"

What do you like to do?
    Do you like programming? Networks? MS? DB?
    etc
    then go from there
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. 1337sauce

Certifications
    BS, Linux+, Security+, LPIC-1, MCSE Server 2012, MCSE Desktop, MCSA Server 2008, MCTS 70-[415,681], MCTS 74-409, VCA-DCV, Novell CLA/DCTS/CNS, HDI CSR
    Quote Originally Posted by kurosaki00 View Post
    the best path to $$$KACHING"
    This should be a book title, and I think the book would sell itself based on the book title.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Pancakes and Lasagna kurosaki00's Avatar

Certifications
    CCENT, A+, Network+
    good idea, on the inside a narration of the movie Reservoir Dogs
    Last edited by networker050184; 12-11-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks