+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 First 12 34 Last
  1. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcgolfer View Post
    After reading the CRISC book; answering the questions; then taking the 400 database question over a 6 week period, I honestly expected to have a pretty solid handle on this exam.

I went through the same thing on the CISA. I walked out of that test totally demoralized, thinking I had completely failed. I ended up scoring in the top 10-15 %.

I am am normally a gold test taker, and usually have a good idea of how I did. I literally think I guessed on half the CRISC questions. If I didn't have the CISA EXPERIENCE, I would be sure I didn't pass this one.

i honestly don't have a clue if I scored 350 or 550. No score would surprise me. I think most of the critical comments are fair. Is this the type of exam ISACA wants? Shouldn't people have a clue how they did?
    I don't think you're being unreasonable or negative in your criticism, seems that a lot of people feel the same way. It's analogous to studying in preparation to take a geometry exam, but instead getting a trigonometry exam - they are related in that they both cover shapes and angles, just not the ones you spent all your time studying for. In essence you feel like you're winging it for the bulk of the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    MBA | CISSP | PMP | PMI-ACP | CISM | GMON | GCIH | Sec+ | MCITP: SA | MCSA Win 7 | CCNA
    It's good (and bad) to see that most others share the sentiments I do with regards to these exams.. It is also discouraging because I was interested in knocking out the CISA or CRISC after taking the CISM this past weekend but I honestly don't know if I want to stress studying for months again only to take an exam that doesn't really reflect what I just put all the effort into studying..

I am a bit surprised by the experience since the ISACA certs seem to have a very strong presence in a lot of jobs I see, I would expect the exam quality and experience to be a bit better.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member

Default CISM - the waiting game

I took the CISM test on Saturday..... I hate this waiting game. I felt confident on 70% of the questions, but not so much on the rest. I always hear that if you are confident, you've usually failed.

That makes me nervous.

Just 5 more weeks to go... .... ... ... ... ...

Anyone else take it in DC?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by colemic View Post
    God bless you, I thought the CISA was the hardest exam I have ever taken. I studied the DB questions and review manual for 4-5 months at least an hour of not two every day and when I left I thought I had no chance at passing (in 2011). I know there is no way I would have passed going in blind just on the obscureness of some of the questions.
    Yeah, I'm not claiming to be a genius or anything and I didn't have a lot of audit experience at the time. I think the fact that I wrote the CISSP < year from that helped me. Certainly the way they ask questions is similar. I was going to defer because I had some stuff going on in my life and I couldn't study but I missed the deadline.

So I thought, why not just write the test? (thinking I'd fail). Turns out I passed. So who knows how I did on the CRISC...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CCNA, CEH v7, Sec+, Net+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Good luck to you guys on your efforts...had a coworker test on CISA...that wait must be nerve racking!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member Registered Member
    Jusd gave CISA last Saturday!

I agree with most of what is written on here. Easily the hardest exam of my life! Every single question was meant to confuse, bemuse and misguide. Rather than challenging our clarity of concepts, I felt they were challenging us to try and outsmart them. Most questions I could identify 2 wrongs, but it was the remaining 2 which gave me nightmares for 4 hours and still does.

I have no idea how I did. Just hoping for the best. Good luck to everyone with their results.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

ISACA sent out a survey on the exam (for CRISC at least). Make your thoughts known.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CISM, CISSP
    A lot of people struggle with these exams. Traditional exams expect the test taker to understand the definition of key concepts. ISACA has a bit of this, but also adds in a lot of concept application. This is the part that may seem subjective. You need to understand, not only the definition, but how ISACA would expect one to apply the concept in a given situation... often with very limited detail. I can easily see how test takers with different practical experience can arrive at different answers. I believe that one helpful method to identify the correct answer is to put yourself into the auditor, security manager, risk manager, etc role and then select the answer that seems to fit best. This is hardly perfect and won't work with every question, but (so far) it has worked well for me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member
    I definitley let ISACA know how I felt on the survey.........
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member

Certifications
    PMP, CISA, MASTERS CERTIFICATE IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT

Default I respectfully disagree

I have very solid abstract reasoning and test taking skills. I scored in the top 10-15% on the CISA, thinking I had failed. I walked out of the CRISC feeling the same. What is the purpose of issuing study material and 400 question exam... Then sitting for an exam that:

1) Has questions infinitely more vague
    2) having questions that aren't relevant to the subject matter
    3) has a paper based exam, but offers electronic test material with bar charts and progress graphing
    4) Takes 8 weeks to get your results back, but managed to move up feedback for the exams it added a September exam for $$$$&

Isaca is beginning to lose credibility with its members, and you hear this when you talk to them. Here is the only positive thing I can say. If you study the material you will learn more about IT Risk and controls. However, you will have no idea of how you did on the test.

Lets not try and give them credit or overthink this. The exam is not the result of a well planned attempt to "weed out" marginal performers or test real world knowledge.

I propose this is a great example of Occam's razor.... The simple answer is usually the right answer. The test appeared to take 4 hours (or 2 in my case) of one's life you will never get back.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by Pcgolfer View Post

Isaca is beginning to lose credibility with its members, and you hear this when you talk to them. Here is the only positive thing I can say. If you study the material you will learn more about IT Risk and controls. However, you will have no idea of how you did on the test.
    You nailed it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Member

Certifications
    CISA
    Losing my marbels...Good luck All!! I hope score come out early.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member
    Results should be out next week. Cross our fingers
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member
    Any word on when when CRISC results will be in?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by oakland View Post
    By the end of next week. I'm hoping for earlier...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Member

Certifications
    PMP, PMI-ACP, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC
    Quote Originally Posted by oakland View Post
    The Dec CRISC results came out 1 week after CISA/CISM. Did anyone get the CRISC results?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Not me...the wait is killing me. It should likely be this week, if not for sure by next.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Junior Member
    https://m.facebook.com/ISACAHQ/posts/692824860744520

According to the to the ISACA Facebook page, the scores for last year's exam were out around this time, so hopefully the wait isn't much longer.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Member

Certifications
    Any news on CRISC?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by Kris_g View Post
    Any news on CRISC?

Hoping for today!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISA, CRISC, ITIL Foundation, CCSK, Security+, Server+, Cloud Essentials,VMware VCA-DCV, VCA-Cloud, MCSA
    Nothing yet on the CRISC... more waiting.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by j33per View Post
    Nothing yet on the CRISC... more waiting.

I predict results will be out on Tues. Based on absolutely nothing.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by SecMan3000 View Post
    I predict results will be out on Tues. Based on absolutely nothing.
    Releasing the results have been all over no consistency. I was thinking last week based on when the DEC 13 exams were released but looks like may be this week.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by Kris_g View Post
    Releasing the results have been all over no consistency. I was thinking last week based on when the DEC 13 exams were released but looks like may be this week.
    I just checked the ISACA FB page and someone asked on the 23rd when CGEIT results would be released and the response was in 3 weeks! I believe that CGEIT and CRISC results come out together so it's looks like we might be waiting a while yet...

https://www.facebook.com/ISACAHQ/posts/924981120862225
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CISM, CISSP
    I assume that they're overwhelmed with amazing test results. They're probably just reviewing the tests a second time just to make sure that we all really are this awesome.

Just a guess...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 First 12 34 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks