+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA
    Congratulations to all those who passed CRISC. I also passed in the top 10%.

For those who did not make it, don't give up. Try harder.

Maybe next for me is CGEIT this December, and then finally CISM in 2015.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member
    Congrats to those who passed. I found out this Tuesday by email that I didn't pass with a score of 431, the first two domains I got over 500 the last 3 the 340 to 350 range.

The test was very nebulous and subjective out of the 200 questions at least 25% were carelessly crafted, the creator(s) of those questions were the ones who knew the correct answer. I am also a CISA, CISSP and PMP so I'm use to taking certifications tests. I spent several months going through the official CRISC manual and practice tests and reviewed the books 3 times over for understanding versus short term memorization and that didn't help. I also have ran and managed risk management programs and performed hundreds of risk assessments using industry standard methodologies and that didn't help a single minute because it was about passing a multiple choice test and not practical experience.

I contacted the certification manager and asked about the sample questions included in all exams that don't count in the final grade, and having my results checked, and I was sent a form to fill out to pay $75 for a manual review in the event the scantron "broke." But they refused to answer questions about whether my exam was graded excluding sample questions because in there mind they do no wrong so they said that it's excluded but how do I know even by paying the $75 dollars? The lack of transparency and subjectivity is daunting and makes me question ISACA's "quality controls."

Let the comments fly.
    Last edited by coochie; 07-31-2014 at 08:36 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    CISSP-ISSAP, CCSK, CCSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CCNP Security, CCNP R&S, CCDP, MCSA 2003, ISO 27001 LA
    My CISA certification application approved today!

I submitted it on 7/22/14.

Regards
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CISM, CISSP
    Quote Originally Posted by coochie View Post
    Congrats to those who passed. I found out this Tuesday by email that I didn't pass with a score of 431, the first two domains I got over 500 the last 3 the 340 to 350 range.

The test was very nebulous and subjective out of the 200 questions at least 25% were carelessly crafted, the creator(s) of those questions were the ones who knew the correct answer. I am also a CISA, CISSP and PMP so I'm use to taking certifications tests. I spent several months going through the official CRISC manual and practice tests and reviewed the books 3 times over for understanding versus short term memorization and that didn't help. I also have ran and managed risk management programs and performed hundreds of risk assessments using industry standard methodologies and that didn't help a single minute because it was about passing a multiple choice test and not practical experience.

I contacted the certification manager and asked about the sample questions included in all exams that don't count in the final grade, and having my results checked, and I was sent a form to fill out to pay $75 for a manual review in the event the scantron "broke." But they refused to answer questions about whether my exam was graded excluding sample questions because in there mind they do no wrong so they said that it's excluded but how do I know even by paying the $75 dollars? The lack of transparency and subjectivity is daunting and makes me question ISACA's "quality controls."

Let the comments fly.
    Shoot. I'm sorry you didn't have a better experience. I hope the $75 that you're spending results in uncovering a problem with your score. I had a good experience with the CRISC test, but I will admit that the test questions were not what many of us would consider typical.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, ITILv3 F
    My CISA certification application status changed to Approved two weeks ago. When will the status change to Certified?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CISM, CISSP
    Quote Originally Posted by calviny View Post
    My CISA certification application status changed to Approved two weeks ago. When will the status change to Certified?
    It's typically within a couple of days. You may want to send them a quick note and check in.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member
    can i pass cgeit exam via dumps only
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Social Networking & Bookmarks